• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

redweek4less and luky987:their strategy

shwtibby

TUG Member
Reaction score
After getting burned by both these sellers over the past year here is what I've surmised concerning their timeshare deed sales. Their goal is to get our cash in their hands and keep it as long as possible. Maybe a Ponzi scheme?

Two purchases with luky987 and one (8 months since full payment made) is closed only after I intervened with a local Town and paid a Real Estate Transfer Tax myself. The other (7 months since full payment made) just had Right of First Refusal exercised and I might get my money back maybe after 8 months!

Last week Redweek tried to sell me the same timeshare as was offered to the high bidder on an eBay Second Chance Offer (the high bidder and I compared the identical estoppels!). I left negative feedback but it was withdrawn by eBay as it ended up being a cancelled transaction.The Redweek experience only proves that sellers deliberately solicit buyer's on second chance offers, when no 'similar' timeshare exists, just to keep buyer's funds until they eventually find a timeshare or make up a story and return funds whenever they get around to it.

Not how I will be investing my money in the future.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Luky987 is working with a shady outfit, and we have warned about that company for a long time. They have their own closing company, and recently changed the name (probably because their old company had such poor ratings). There are several sellers in that bunch. I am blocked from bidding through all of them. :rofl:

Redweeks4Less, I have had no issues with them and have had several close through their company, which I believe is The Timeshare Company.

The estoppels being identical is strange. I can see how you could be skeptical.

thheath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting info, I'm guessing there are a certain percentage of people that depending on the amount just give up and these sellers keep their $.

Got to love eBay for allowing this stuff.

:)

Dandc3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lucky?

Luky987 is working with a shady outfit, and we have warned about that company for a long time. They have their own closing company, and recently changed the name (probably because their old company had such poor ratings). There are several sellers in that bunch. I am blocked from bidding through all of them. :rofl:

Redweeks4Less, I have had no issues with them and have had several close through their company, which I believe is The Timeshare Company.

I bought one from Luky. Went ok, transfered to me. Only hangup is it s an RCI points conversion and no one seems to know anything about that. I would not have bought it as a weeks unit. Hmm.

shwtibby

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience comes solely with deeded timeshare resales and not points sales or conversions. I believe that both luky and redweeks have wholly owned or internal 'closing companies' so our money never reaches a legal escrow; just their pockets.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I bought one from Luky. Went ok, transfered to me. Only hangup is it s an RCI points conversion and no one seems to know anything about that. I would not have bought it as a weeks unit. Hmm.

This seems major to me so I'm not sure how you can say it "Went ok."

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience comes solely with deeded timeshare resales and not points sales or conversions. I believe that both luky and redweeks have wholly owned or internal 'closing companies' so our money never reaches a legal escrow; just their pockets.

There is no mass seller that does not also follow this strategy, even the reputable ones. The key difference is the less reputable sellers pretend like they are using an independent closing company. The better mass sellers like the entities in Bozeman MT, Sumday Vacations, and many legitimate broker operations openly have in-house closing companies.

In a nutshell if you want a discount timeshare trust the operations that use an obvious in-house closing company like one with the same or a suite number next door. Don't overly trust the operations that lie. None of the mass operations use a truly independent escrow.

Last edited:

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last week Redweek tried to sell me the same timeshare as was offered to the high bidder on an eBay Second Chance Offer (the high bidder and I compared the identical estoppels!).

This statement begs the question, how did you know the high bidder's identity?

shwtibby

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's one of us fellow Tuggers (see Grand Timber Lodge ROFR posts) and we communicated after the auction after both were posting of issues with redweeks.

Last edited:

Larry

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am blocked from bidding through all of them. :rofl:

I recently tried to bid on one of their eBay auctions and was also told I have been banned. I don't understand why? I have bought from them in the past and although they were very slow I did get my timeshare purchase with no problems.
So I emailed them to find out why I was banned and have never even received a response.

The auction sold for less than what I would have bid so we both lost out by me being banned. Very strange company and although I had no problems I am starting to feel they did me a favor by banning me.:wall:

Last edited by a moderator:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently tried to bid on one of their eBay auctions and was also told I have been banned. I don't understand why? I have bought from them in the past and although they were very slow I did get my timeshare purchase with no problems.

I had reneged on a sale with luky987 last year due to the absolute unprofessional attitude of one of the folks at Pacific Closing. So I went to bid with Worldwide Property Transfers, their alter ego it appears, under an alternate ebay identity that I also use, but they had banned this ID although I have never bid on anything from them with that one. Oddly enough, my ebay ID used to renege last year went through no problem.

There is no mass seller that does not also follow this strategy, even the reputable ones. The key difference is the less reputable sellers pretend like they are using an independent closing company. The better mass sellers like the entities in Bozeman MT, Sumday Vacations, and many legitimate broker operations openly have in-house closing companies.

What about CJ Timeshares, who uses Timeshare Closing Services? I thought TCS was an independent outfit?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about CJ Timeshares, who uses Timeshare Closing Services? I thought TCS was an independent outfit?

CJ Timeshares and TCS are one in the same operation. They do not hide this fact. CJ is the real estate broker arm and TCS is the title company. They are legally separate, but almost every PCC uses a legally separate but operationally in-house entity for the closing. It is necessary for efficiency. The ones that openly tout the other or have addresses almost identical are the ones not trying to hide.

CJ TIMESHARES LLC
8545 COMMODITY CIRCLE
SUITE 125
ORLANDO, FL 32819

TIMESHARE CLOSING SERVICES, INC.
8545 COMMODITY CIRCLE
SUITE 100
ORLANDO, FL 32819

Last edited:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've bought quite a few weeks from CJ and their previous company, VI Network, and never had a problem with them or Timeshare Closing Services. Wish all of the Ebay resellers were as good as these guys.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A thought and a question...

There are reported instances in which a "RCI Points Conversion" sometimes reverts right back to a "Weeks" ownership upon each subsequent resale after "conversion".

Have you conclusively determined that this is (or is not) the case at the facility where you purchased, wherever that might be? :shrug::confused::shrug:

jonevans

TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweeks4less is to fishy

I at least got to leave bad feedback on ebay for timeshare4less when they 1: couldmnot even fill in the blanks of a HGVC purchase on there own purchase aggrement. 2: when they advertise can make payment with check , money order , or credit card and then say that they only use paypal and paypal rules say that paypal no good for realestate.

Also banned and glad that they are looking for suckers and i at least got my 2 cents in:eek::D

mspeggysue911

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was ripped off by Luky. I bought a 126k point Wyndham timeshare contract through them and they never transferred it to me and never refunded me. I have emailed them, I have called them, I have even called the owner's cell phone. And still nothing. Thank goodness I only got ripped off for $200 because there is really nothing you can do about it. They are robbing ppl blind every day and Ebay just keeps letting them sell on there. They have/had last year 58 BBB complaints against them for the very same thing. Ripping ppl off a and never delivering said contract. And they did not answer ANY of the complaints. I wish there was something more I could do to stop them from ripping ppl off but they will just create a new fake name to use on Ebay and keep ripping ppl off. And BTW it has been almost a YEAR since I bought the contract from them and still nothing. About 7 months into it I was able to bug them enough to get someone from the title company to call me and the lady at the title company didn't even know that the contract they sold me was a DEEDED contract. They had no deed for it. She said she would call me the next day and never heard from them again either. If I am not mistaken I still have the owner's cell phone number unless he changed it so if you need it PM me and I will give it to you.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The owner? Andreea Fufa is the one who legally owns Selltimeshare LLC. I think you are talking about Luky's number which is displayed on his eBay info.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Does anyone know the seller timesharetravel? Is this company related to these other companies being discussed here? I see nothing in timesharetravel's ads about the closing company he/ she uses, or where the company is located.

I am wondering because there is a week I want, but I don't want to be blocked or otherwise disappointed. If this one is related to the others blocking me, I won't waste my time. Timeshares are something I can wait to buy until I get the right seller, and I prefer to reject them before they reject me, especially when I already had a really bad experience.

I was blocked by wwpt or some name like that, and found out I was dealing with the same company Luky987 and another seller, donate something.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the seller timesharetravel? Is this company related to these other companies being discussed here? I see nothing in timesharetravel's ads about the closing company he/ she uses, or where the company is located.

I am wondering because there is a week I want, but I don't want to be blocked or otherwise disappointed. If this one is related to the others blocking me, I won't waste my time. Timeshares are something I can wait to buy until I get the right seller, and I prefer to reject them before they reject me, especially when I already had a really bad experience.

I was blocked by wwpt or some name like that, and found out I was dealing with the same company Luky987 and another seller, donate something.

Donate For a Cause = Selltimeshare.org = Luky987 = WWPT.

Timesharetravel is different, I am not sure who they are affiliated with.

Sorry to hear of the problems folks have had with these guys.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Donate For a Cause = Selltimeshare.org = Luky987 = WWPT.

Timesharetravel is different, I am not sure who they are affiliated with.

Sorry to hear of the problems folks have had with these guys.

I think you are wrong to put Donate for a cause in this group

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I also agree that DFC is not a part of this group. They use Resort Closings Inc and accept paypal and CCs and use a different template for their ads.

IMO timesharetravel is not a part of the lucky group. They use a different template, accept CCs and don't hide behind "private auctions."