• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In Less Time Closing / luky987 complaint

shwtibby

TUG Member
Reaction score
and the luky987/selltimeshare beat goes on........

I am convinced that eBay's luky987 & selltimeshareorg are one in the same as well as their 'closing' companies Pacific Transfer and now their new itteration, InLessTimeclosing. All owned and run by David McMillan. I just had an eBay transaction take 8 months and only get accepted by the Developer only after I personally paid a local tax and then got the deed accepted. Pacific was unable to complete this. A second eBay Timeshare purchase is now at seven months after full payment, amazingly recently transferred from Pacifc Transfer to InLessTime closings and now I just received an e-mail stating that the developer exercised their ROFR and I will get my money refunded - after I sign a Quit Claim Deed deeding it back to them as they were able to file the new deed, in my name, with the County a few months ago! Where do I begin with these clowns: deceptive, dishonest, unethical, criminal. The beat goes on. My advice is to steer clear of certain sellers on eBay and if you do get wrapped up in their games, bury them in Local, State and Federal complaints. You'd be amazed who will entertain your concerns: the BBB, State Attorney General's Office, State Real Estate Boards, Los Angeles County (http://file.lacounty.gov/lasd/cms1_145250.pdf), Federal Internet Crime (https://complaint.ic3.gov/default.aspx).

gemini2678

Reaction score
It has been 9 months since I purchased my timeshare from luky987 - 9 long months of regret!! I wish I had found this site before making that purchase. I have since purchased a second timeshare from sumday with no hassles. As for the one from luky? well, after months of pacific transfer ignoring my emails and phone calls, I finally contacted luky, and after a bit of going back and forth, he assured me he would get it straightened out and get back to me ASAP. and then, not to my surprise, he is now ignoring me as well. The deed was transferred into my name months ago, but Wyndham told me that the paperwork was sent back to pacific transfer as having errors and they have never received anything again from pacific transfer. So there is obviously something wrong with it and no one wants to actually deal with me. Since we paid over $700, I may contact my lawyer friend to see what recourse we have.

I am relieved to report that in less than a week I will FINALLY have control of the week I purchased. I had almost written off the purchase as failed but finally. Not sure if the 2014 fees are already paid or if the usage is still there but at this point I don't care.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been 9 months since I purchased my timeshare from luky987 - 9 long months of regret!! I wish I had found this site before making that purchase. I have since purchased a second timeshare from sumday with no hassles. As for the one from luky? well, after months of pacific transfer ignoring my emails and phone calls, I finally contacted luky, and after a bit of going back and forth, he assured me he would get it straightened out and get back to me ASAP. and then, not to my surprise, he is now ignoring me as well. The deed was transferred into my name months ago, but Wyndham told me that the paperwork was sent back to pacific transfer as having errors and they have never received anything again from pacific transfer. So there is obviously something wrong with it and no one wants to actually deal with me. Since we paid over $700, I may contact my lawyer friend to see what recourse we have.

In my case Pacific Transfer was working on it but they just don't like to communicate. They log every call with caller ID so even if they don't pick up they know you are calling for a status update. I think my deed had to be recorded 3 times. What I usually did was wait a month and then hound them until they finally gave me a status update.

Sometimes the problem can't be corrected. There have been tuggers that have suddenly received refund checks in the mail after a year or more. I think there was even a few checks for $1.00. My total out of pocket was $1,205 so I wasn't going to give up on at least a refund.

team2win

Reaction score
refund check, lol

Well, I received some sort of refund check, which wasn't expected for the low amount of $17 for some reason.

In 2012 I purchased from luky987 and selltimeshare, all transfers went thru, but the end of 2012 and after.. communication was sporadic and basically no further timeshare transfers... As stated before, just stay away, not worth the headache, even for $1..

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I received some sort of refund check, which wasn't expected for the low amount of $17 for some reason.

In 2012 I purchased from luky987 and selltimeshare, all transfers went thru, but the end of 2012 and after.. communication was sporadic and basically no further timeshare transfers... As stated before, just stay away, not worth the headache, even for $1..

I wonder if Pacific Transfer / Gray Wolf had some type of audit. It's illegal to keep someone's money on your books forever but it also seems uncharacteristic of them to send out small refund checks, especially if the transfer went through. The timing of the switch to a new legal entity, refund checks, and their CA business registration suspended smells like some type of audit or investigation to me.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am relieved to report that in less than a week I will FINALLY have control of the week I purchased. I had almost written off the purchase as failed but finally. Not sure if the 2014 fees are already paid or if the usage is still there but at this point I don't care.

I spoke too soon. I received "a" week but not "the" week. It's the same week number but a different resort. I am hoping selltimeshare.org does the right thing so I can post a positive resolution.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made a small purchase from luky in Jan. despite what I saw here it was what I wanted (small contract to add my daughter to the VIP account) and the cost ($43, they pay closing and transfer fees) was worth the risk. Their initial communication was quick (of course it was, they were asking for money). Communication was difficult after that, but yesterday I got a copy of the deed in mine and my daughters names, and a request for the first 4 months of 2014 Maint. (that was the deal) Once they have that supposedly they will send the deed on to Wyndham to be added to my account. I have sent the money (again a small amount) and we will see what happens. Ron, I have also used Sumday in the past, but they just haven't had anything small enough (I did not want my daughter on the hook for large maint. fees if I kick it) and cheap enough. I will update this thread as I have info and keep my fingers crossed.
:ponder:

So I have paid the above maint fees and Traci at In Less Time has acknowledged receipt. I asked to be notified when the deed has been sent to Wyndham. I received this reply:

"I have received your payment. I am just waiting on our accounting department to print the check needed for the transfer fee. Once they have done so I will send the Resort Notification to Wyndham via UPS"

We will see what happens next, and how long it takes.:ponder:

JuntaParty

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Kingsgate, Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Anyone notice how if you go to In Less Time Closing's website, not only do they not give you a phone number on their Contact Us page (although it's at the bottom of every page - no toll-free number though), but it actually says the website is copyright 2023? Are they really operating 9 years into the future? :ponder:

After reading all of this, I'm glad that I have yet to bid on one of their auctions.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but I'm getting good service from the folks at In Less Time Closings

I've considered throughout this thread about posting my experience because I certainly don't want to minimize the issues others have had or are currently experiencing.

Since the end of December through mid-January, I have bid on and won three of their auctions. It has required my attention in order to keep things moving forward. But I have gotten communication and follow-through on each of these timeshares. One is completed in its entirety, and the other two are awaiting the RCI Points transfers to be completed by RCI. I'm hopeful and optimistic, but also interested in how things work out for others.

I recently hesitated, and ultimately did not bid on an auction by STO. I figured that I had three timeshares "in the works" and, with the problems others were having that I needed to tie up loose ends before buying. I always find it comforting to be able to pay for auctions with my credit card so that I have recourse to dispute things if a transaction goes south. STO does not accept credit cards for payment, so that requires trust on my part that things will work out.

I have bought a number of timeshares on eBay from STO over the last few years. I have only good things to report. I have found In Less Time Closings a vast improvement over Pacific Transfer.

Today, I received a follow-up from In Less Time and there was a link to Redweek to provide a review of their company.

I will be leaving positive feedback because that is what I have experienced. I hope everyone can resolve their issues to their satisfaction.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
Is it possible they acquire timeshares through tax auctions and that's part of the lengthy transfer time?

I imagine tax auction deeds might legitimately take longer to process. Then add in laziness and incompetence and the result is extremely long waits between payment and deed in-hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible they acquire timeshares through tax auctions and that's part of the lengthy transfer time?

I imagine tax auction deeds might legitimately take longer to process. Then add in laziness and incompetence and the result is extremely long waits between payment and deed in-hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, definitely not. They are just a standard PCC. I have bought quite a few and none were from a tax auction. The ones that had abnormal delays were due to human errors of some sort.

My recent fiasco where I waited almost 10 months only to end up with a different resort than the listing and the sales contract is being looked into personally by David, the President of Selltimeshare.org. I have offered to keep the week but I have asked for a refund since the resort I received is worth less than the one I contracted to buy. It is a reasonable request but I don't think they like me very much for obvious reasons. We will see how it goes. If they make it right I will certainly support their efforts to improve, including their new closing company.

Last edited:

shwtibby

TUG Member
Reaction score
It seems as though points transfers seem to be much less problematic than the timeshare deed transfers that I have had issues with.

DavidandDenise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Need guidance

I purchased a contract through luky987 via eBay back in November. Communication was great even up through payment, but after that I've heard nothing. In Less Time Closings is the company that is hopefully handling things. Who exactly should I contact to get the status of things? Wyndham has no record of receiving the deed, so there has to be a holdup somewhere. I've messaged luky987 via eBay, but he hasn't responded for months at this point. I'm just wondering what I should do that would be most effective.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased a contract through luky987 via eBay back in November. Communication was great even up through payment, but after that I've heard nothing. In Less Time Closings is the company that is hopefully handling things. Who exactly should I contact to get the status of things? Wyndham has no record of receiving the deed, so there has to be a holdup somewhere. I've messaged luky987 via eBay, but he hasn't responded for months at this point. I'm just wondering what I should do that would be most effective.

This is confusing. You say communication was great even up through payment but they require payment immediately before doing anything. This is April, 5 months after your purchase and you are unsure who to contact for status? Have you tried contacting the closing company? If it's In Less Time, then that is who you contact for an update. Who provided you the closing documents??

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'd contact the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney Generals office in the State where Lucky987 is domiciled. Make them sweat a bit and force them to perform or send you a refund.

shwtibby

TUG Member
Reaction score

My closer was Brian Brian (no kidding) at in Inlesstimeclosings and he seems to be responsive (way more responsive then anyone at Pacific Transfer was). You can contact him or David at luky987/selltimeshare.

DavidandDenise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is confusing. You say communication was great even up through payment but they require payment immediately before doing anything. This is April, 5 months after your purchase and you are unsure who to contact for status? Have you tried contacting the closing company? If it's In Less Time, then that is who you contact for an update. Who provided you the closing documents??

After winning the auction, I received the invoice. After paying the invoice, with InLessTime listed as the closing company, I have had no communication from anyone. I've tried emailing luky multiple times with no success. Since ILT has never contacted me, I wouldn't even know specifically who to ask for. I guess I'll try calling their main number, but I've heard of little success getting ahold of an actual person.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
After winning the auction, I received the invoice. After paying the invoice, with InLessTime listed as the closing company, I have had no communication from anyone. I've tried emailing luky multiple times with no success. Since ILT has never contacted me, I wouldn't even know specifically who to ask for. I guess I'll try calling their main number, but I've heard of little success getting ahold of an actual person.

They are not going to contact you. It is not part of their process. Once you pay, they start the process but the buyer has almost nothing to do with it since the deed and transfer forms many times do not need to be signed by the buyer. You may receive email updates at certain status intervals. These status update emails are from the same computer system that was used when it was "Pacific Transfer".

Communication is only going to occur if you make a phone call. You should have received a number on whatever paperwork you received from ILT. Reference that number when you call. Nobody is going to ever call you if you sit and wait. You never know, your paperwork could have gotten misplaced, in which case it will never go forward until you initiate action with the people handling the closing.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian Brian huh? Do you believe that is a real name?

Are you suggesting that they do not use their real names with customers at the company? Or are you simply skeptical because it is an uncommon name?

DavidandDenise

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are not going to contact you. It is not part of their process. Once you pay, they start the process but the buyer has almost nothing to do with it since the deed and transfer forms many times do not need to be signed by the buyer. You may receive email updates at certain status intervals. These status update emails are from the same computer system that was used when it was "Pacific Transfer".

Communication is only going to occur if you make a phone call. You should have received a number on whatever paperwork you received from ILT. Reference that number when you call. Nobody is going to ever call you if you sit and wait. You never know, your paperwork could have gotten misplaced, in which case it will never go forward until you initiate action with the people handling the closing.

Thank you for the advice. Upon viewing the documents I received, the contract's header is for SellTimeshare.org, but the invoice was for the transfer company In Less Time Closings. I called the former and left a message/reference number. We'll see what transpires. All of my previous contracts have moved without a hitch. I guess perhaps I'm due for my first snag in the process.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that they do not use their real names with customers at the company? Or are you simply skeptical because it is an uncommon name?

It's more common of a name than one might think. I am skeptical because of many reasons that I have detailed in other threads.

Last edited:

ride2slide

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought my AVP Dec 23, 2013 from Luky. In Less Time Closing still hasn't got it thru Wyndham and probably won't, since the deed to me, does NOT have the Wyndham owners name on it. Today, they (ILTC) requested 48 hrs to try to make it straight with Wyndham.

So frustrated that it looks like we won't get to use it for our Memorial day vacation! We already missed out on our 31st Anniversary, and my birthday will roll past soon too. How can they sale sell something, that, the paperwork is not right on. And the kicker, is that, they knew it all along!

:annoyed:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
And the kicker, is that, they knew it all along!

:annoyed:

Did they? I had a transfer that took 7 months because the original owner bought from the developer but a deed was never recorded. In my case I am fairly certain that they never checked for a deed to find out that there wasn't one. In your case it sounds like a different owner is on your deed compared to the resort records. This doesn't sound like something ILTC can resolve in 48 hours. These things happen when due diligence is not performed prior to selling a unit.