• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Ocean club-Arrival Feb 10th

mike2200

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will be at Maui Ocean Club for two weeks starting Feb 10th any info anyone wants to share or anything someone wants to know Please provide or ask.. thanks

(we have been here numerous times before, so are familiar: with the layout and the island) :wave:

Last edited:

MikeB2620

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts Maui Ocean Club Lahaina and Napili Villas
Can you post some pictures of the new Starbucks/market pantry area? Thanks!

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Mike,

Have a great time there!

Can you walk down to the Hyatt one day and confirm that they aren't doing anything construction-wise with that big open space between the Hyatt hotel and Lahaina Villas? That was where they were supposed to put their timeshare project, which I understand is on indefinite hold. I hope it stays that way, because there are lovely views from some of the M/G units in Lahaina Villas.

Thanks very much!

Greg

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Can you walk down to the Hyatt one day and confirm that they aren't doing anything construction-wise with that big open space between the Hyatt hotel and Lahaina Villas? That was where they were supposed to put their timeshare project, which I understand is on indefinite hold. I hope it stays that way, because there are lovely views from some of the M/G units in Lahaina Villas.

Thanks very much!

Greg

We just got back from MOC, and there was no construction activity. The new StarBucks is really nice.

mike2200

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Have a great time there!

Thanks very much!

Greg

No construction, just using that end of the property for private conferences etc.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
No construction, just using that end of the property for private conferences etc.
And it is VERY loud. It was noisy with very loud music and microphones on Saturday night and on Sunday morning it started again at 9 AM with loud music that you could actually feel in Lahaina Tower. This is not new for evenings, but I was not aware of the Sunday morning noise in past visits. We were in Napili last week and are in Lahaina this week and next week.

I wish Hyatt would build their timeshare so that noise would go away.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This time tomorrow the family and I will be over the skies heading to Dallas with final destination Maui!!

This is probably our last first class trip as a family the way FF seats are tough these days so we're really going to enjoy this.

We have 4 days in a 1BDRM OF probably in Napili tower and then 7 days in our 1BDRM OF MOC, then finally we decided to stay a night at the Grand Wailea.

Life is good.

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very Nice but crowded

This time tomorrow the family and I will be over the skies heading to Dallas with final destination Maui!!

we decided to stay a night at the Grand Wailea.

Life is good.

We stayed a week at the Marriott hotel in Wailea using Marriott reward points. It's really nice there. But we were surprised at how crowded the beach and pool areas were (I confess to putting towels on our desired chaise lounges at 5:30 a.m.). We have enough points to stay in Wailea for the next 3 or 4 visits to Maui and may use our points for that purpose. [One night wouldn't be enough] We prefer the beach at MOC.

We ate at Longhis (its sister restaurant is in Lahainai). Highly recommend the Peking Duck sandwhich and the Going Bananas desert. Yum!

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

This is probably our last first class trip as a family the way FF seats are tough these days so we're really going to enjoy this.

We have 4 days in a 1BDRM OF probably in Napili tower and then 7 days in our 1BDRM OF MOC, then finally we decided to stay a night at the Grand Wailea.

Life is good.

Joe,

Have a great trip!

My boys used to love the Grand Wailea!! Prior to 2003 when we started the timeshare exchanges we often stayed there. The pools & slides were a big attraction!

Grand Wailea used to have a membership program. You could join for $1,000 (refundable) and then book any available room for 1/2 off. It was a great deal! However they changed the program and started charging an annual membership fee ($100-150). We decided we'd rather stay at the Maui timeshare properties so we cancelled our Grand Wailea membership. They have changed ownership so I don't know if they still offer a membership program.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're in the Napili tower 5th floor OF for the first 4 days. This is our first experience in the new towers and very impressed to say the least.

Really love the big window in the living room and more than anything in the kitchen its the large fridge that we get alot of use out of.

Starting tomorrow were in the Molakai Tower in a 8th floor OF wraparound balcony which we're really looking forward to.

taffy19

Reaction score
Sounds lovely. Please, post pictures and enjoy your stay. :D We enjoyed the Marriott hotel in Wailea but it is away from where the action is like walking on the beach-walk to the different restaurants and on a long beach to Black Rock but the coves over there are lovely too.

We are heartbroken that we are not going this year. :bawl:

larryallen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KOBC x6, Westin Kierland x2, and we went to the darkside and bought points!
We stayed 3 nights at Marriott Wailea and now on our last day at Westin Kaanapali Villas (north of Kaanapali). The Marriott was nice enough but I really prefer Kaanapali for the kids. The Westin is a tad nicer layout than the Marriott timeshares at Maui but the Marriott location, near Whalers, is far superior. We walked through Marriott today.

readyalready

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're in the Napili tower 5th floor OF for the first 4 days. This is our first experience in the new towers and very impressed to say the least.

Really love the big window in the living room and more than anything in the kitchen its the large fridge that we get alot of use out of.

Starting tomorrow were in the Molakai Tower in a 8th floor OF wraparound balcony which we're really looking forward to.

How is the weather?

I'm curious how you knew you would likely be in the Napili tower? I'm going to call and request, but am not optimistic.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The weather has been very nice but windy at times. We were told prior to our stay that there was a good chance we would be in the Napili Tower because I was told that is where the floating weeks are and those are the units still unsold if you will. I did take some photos of Starbucks to share. This is my first attempt with flickr so bear with me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cambrafamily/with/6898991363/

readyalready

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and the pictures. There can't be much room left for the drinks/Marriott food counter.

They must have gotten a pretty penny for that space. I'm not a Starbucks lover so see it as a loss.

How was the transition to the old section? It has been several years since we stayed in the older towers. I'm trying to decide between a few nights in a 1 bedroom old vs new, before moving to a 2bd new, there are 5 of us.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and the pictures. There can't be much room left for the drinks/Marriott food counter.

They must have gotten a pretty penny for that space. I'm not a Starbucks lover so see it as a loss.

How was the transition to the old section? It has been several years since we stayed in the older towers. I'm trying to decide between a few nights in a 1 bedroom old vs new, before moving to a 2bd new, there are 5 of us.

The transition was an easy one because the bell service does everything for you and just gives you a ticket to retreive your stuff when your second room is ready.

As for the choice for between new and old in a 1 BDRM for 5, that is easy, take the old because its so much bigger. If it were just 4 I'd say consider what is more important the size or the kitchen facilities but if its 5 I'd really recommend the old.

Request a pull out with are the best we've ever seen, very comfortable. The old also has two sleeper chairs that a yound kid can sleep on if necessary.

When we experienced the Naplili Tower we thought it would be hard to beat and then we luckily were given a corner OF and the views are amazing. You get the OF towards Lanai, the pool view and then this beautiful view of the mountain range behind the resort. This is the best unit we've ever stayed in for sure in the MOC.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cambrafamily/

Last edited:

readyalready

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suppose that view is ok.

I'm leaning toward the old, which I never thought I'd say. The extra bathroom has big appeal, plus the lower price will cover the cost of our mugs ;-)

Enjoy your trip!

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
Joe

Enjoy your stay. Looks like you got a great room.

How does the marketplace look now? Is it still under construction?

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Joe

Enjoy your stay. Looks like you got a great room.

How does the marketplace look now? Is it still under construction?

The Market place is no more, just a counter to order food and the soda and condiment area. They pretty much have the same menu they've had in the past but no self service area where they had yogurts, salads and such.

Change is always going to happen, sometimes for the good and sometimes not so much. Two of the restaurants we enjoyed in the past didn't hit the mark, Lahaina Pizza on Front St and the Hula Grill disappointed this time. however we did find a few new ones that we thought were excellent.

Cool Kats had great char-grilled burgers and $3 mango Margaritas. Also we tried Dollie's Bar and Grill 5 minutes to the north in Kahana and they had a great everything medium pizza and salad for less than $30 that was enough for 3.

Docklander

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cool Kats had great char-grilled burgers and $3 mango Margaritas. Also we tried Dollie's Bar and Grill 5 minutes to the north in Kahana and they had a great everything medium pizza and salad for less than $30 that was enough for 3.

If you get a chance, try the Blue Hawaiian salad at Cool Cats, the fish is usually fresh every day and it's really really good (and inexpensive!) :)

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice

If you get a chance, try the Blue Hawaiian salad at Cool Cats, the fish is usually fresh every day and it's really really good (and inexpensive!) :)

We tried Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice rated #1 by Tripadvisor and it was excellent. Get the scoop of vanilla ice cream on the bottom of the shaved ice, with mango and passionfruit. It was like eating a tropical creamsicle, very tasty!!

Docklander

TUG Member
Reaction score
We tried Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice rated #1 by Tripadvisor and it was excellent. Get the scoop of vanilla ice cream on the bottom of the shaved ice, with mango and passionfruit. It was like eating a tropical creamsicle, very tasty!!

Thanks for the tip. We'll be there in a couple of weeks so I'll try it out :)