• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Another Wyndham Rental Question

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Why would an owner be able to book a certain unit on-line, but have to call about availability for a different unit in the 10 month window? If the desired units do not show on-line is it safe to say there is no availability at all then? I am trying to rent from a Wyndham owner and she says she can book a unit in a certain building on-line, but the units I want she has to call about. Is it because she can already see the other unit on-line? (She can't book until the end of Feb). I am really hoping there will be some availability in the other buildings, but it is a high demand week and I am wondering if I should just tell her to grab the one she can get on-line. Is it possible for her to do both? Grab the online unit and then call and see if the others are available and then if so, cancel the on-line unit?

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
What specific resort is it? Some resorts have different points costs for different unit locations (high floor ocean front versus low floor ocean view).....but specific room numbers can't be selected on-line.

Not sure I really understand what you are asking. Units can be booked online starting at ten months. If an owner specifically owns points at a particular resort, the owner can call and book at 13 months.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
What specific resort is it? Some resorts have different points costs for different unit locations (high floor ocean front versus low floor ocean view).....but specific room numbers can't be selected on-line.

Not sure I really understand what you are asking. Units can be booked online starting at ten months. If an owner specifically owns points at a particular resort, the owner can call and book at 13 months.

This owner does not own at the resort specifically. It is Smugglers Notch. I requested certain buildings only-not unit numbers. She said she will call at the 10 month mark, but also said if another specific building (a slightly older one than the ones we prefer) is acceptable she can book it online, supposedly an hour earlier than Wyndham people can call the reservation center.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
The other thing is it is a mid week check in (4 nights) instead of a whole week so we are limited in that regard as well. (have to either check-in or check-out on certain days in certain buildings,etc.)

Anyway, just wondering why she said she could definitely book on line for the other one and not my preferred ones. I understand there are different points costs, but according to the Wyndham chart someone else posted on here for me, this slightly older building has the same points costs as the newer ones. But why would you be able to book one on-line, but not the others? Could it be she just sees that the other building is available but not the others?

Just wondering- again- how the whole system works with that. I want to be flexible, but don't want to settle for one when I might be able to get what I prefer. I will take the older building if the others are not possible.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think that she can see week 51 online now, even if she's vip.
To book now she would have to own at the resort.

Perhaps what she is saying, is that she would book what's available at 7AM online at 10 months out. To pick a location, she would have to wait until the call center opens at 8AM.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I don't think that she can see week 51 online now, even if she's vip.
To book now she would have to own at the resort.

Perhaps what she is saying, is that she would book what's available at 7AM online at 10 months out. To pick a location, she would have to wait until the call center opens at 8AM.

Right she is going to do this the end of February. But she specifically said if we would take this building she could do that online.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
We discussed this a few weeks ago and there was general agreement that the probability of obtaining a Wednesday checkin is low for that week.

If I wanted that time frame at that resort, I'd solicit some of the posters here that rent units. Many own Club Access points that might have availability there then. It probably should have been done in November, but it's worth a try.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right she is going to do this the end of February. But she specifically said if we would take this building she could do that online.

I think what the owner may be saying is that she can't specifically book "any" particular unit online, not that she would definitively get the older building by booking online. When booking online, you are not offered the option to select specific buildings, only unit types. After booking the reservation, you can request a unit; so what she might want to do is book it online at 7:00 AM; then call when the call center is open to make the unit request. No need to cancel and rebook; just add the unit/building request when she calls in at 8:00 AM.

For example, when I book at Ocean Blvd, I can select Deluxe, Ocean View, or Ocean Front (lower and upper) - each have different points costs. But I can't select which Tower. Those that have been to OB know that Tower IV is across the street from the ocean, whereas Towers 1-3 are oceanfront.

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
When the Wyndham points owner books online (according to the Wyndham points charts) she can reserve a unit in certain groups. She will not be able to see which unit is booked online at all. If she can book and get a reservation online - that is all she will have - a reservation. She would have to call over to Wyndham to find out what she has booked. Guess what - not guaranteed either!

Oh, by the way unless she is VIP she can not even put a "DO NOT MOVE" on the unit if she found a unit in a building that you wanted. Wyndham does not guarantee units or anything for non-VIP owners. Only VIP owners can request a specific unit. When making a reservation online, even though a call may appear to have answered the question of room assignment placement or building Wyndham reserves the right to assign the unit at check-in. From my understanding, the only exception is handicap units - where Wyndham will put a DO NOT MOVE for anyone who reserves one of those units.

You may get the building or a selection of buildings based on the points used to book the reservation. You may not get the floor or view that you might want? If that does not matter to you- you should be o.k?

Wyndham points used to book the Willows section are the same to book Evergreen, Oaks, Commons, and Villmarksauna. They are categorized together. It is also the same points to get Balsams - so that could also be a building you get if you wanted Willows. This grouping uses less points to book the reservation. There is only 2 and 3 bedrooms Deluxe units for this type. 2 BR units use 154K points and 3 BR units use 189K points.

If you want Tamaracks, Aspens & Sycamores you can get Studios 1,2, 3 Bedroom Deluxe units. This category of buildings requires more points. Studios 126K, 1BR Deluxe 182K, 2BR Deluxe 224K, and 3BR Deluxe 308K. Still you do not know which building you will get? Again, a VIP points owner can request the building.

Owls section uses the most Wyndham points and is in a category by itself. 3BR Plus 400K, 2BR Presidential 400K, 3BR Presidential 450K and 4BR Presidential 550K. If reserving the Owls using the points - you will get what is paid for. Owls section is the the higher price point units.

Remember that VIP owners can book in advance (so you have a better shot at getting the reservation), get instant unit upgrades, and have the ability to possibly use less points. Wyndham VIP points owners can also request specific units and buildings too.

Once again, good luck!

Cynthia T. :)

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
FUN FACT - RARP is not available to any VIP owners for certain weeks during the year ---- like weeks 51 & 52, 26 & 27 .... So booking you a Christmas season week before 10 months is NOT HAPPENING unless she has points deeded there.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Cynthia- there are no studios in Tamaracks, Sycamores or Aspens.(BTW- Mountain Laurels is also included with those I believe). I have requested deluxe buildings with a certain amount of points with a Sunday check-out. I am aware of which buildings are in that category. I do not care which of those buildings she gets or what floor or unit. I have requested a 1 or 2 bedroom. We shall see I guess...!

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
FUN FACT - RARP is not available to any VIP owners for certain weeks during the year ---- like weeks 51 & 52, 26 & 27 .... So booking you a Christmas season week before 10 months is NOT HAPPENING unless she has points deeded there.

What is RARP? Anyway, she is not booking until Feb- 10 months out. I don't know if she is VIP or not.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I think what the owner may be saying is that she can't specifically book "any" particular unit online, not that she would definitively get the older building by booking online. When booking online, you are not offered the option to select specific buildings, only unit types. After booking the reservation, you can request a unit; so what she might want to do is book it online at 7:00 AM; then call when the call center is open to make the unit request. No need to cancel and rebook; just add the unit/building request when she calls in at 8:00 AM.

For example, when I book at Ocean Blvd, I can select Deluxe, Ocean View, or Ocean Front (lower and upper) - each have different points costs. But I can't select which Tower. Those that have been to OB know that Tower IV is across the street from the ocean, whereas Towers 1-3 are oceanfront.

Thanks. Yeah- you're probably right. A lot of stuff gets lost in the translation in emails. Thanks!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We are actually looking to rent two units. What she actually said was if we were also willing to accept a unit in this other building she could definitely book on-line if we don't have to have both reservations in the same area (which we don't). That's why I didn't understand.