• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Housekeeping Fees

budburn1

Reaction score
I am a new owner and got 216,000 bonus points when I bought. With it came 216 housekeeping points. If I use all my housekeeping fees with my basic contract (84,000 points) will the HK points from my future visits be deducted from the 216?

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
84K points does not get you much, but as to your HK question, you will get 84 HK upon annual renewal. KH do not carryover into subsequent years. I am not versed in the extra HK you get from the bonus points; they could be good for as long as the bonus points are good, but you'll have to ask Wyndham.

How new are you? When did you purchase the contract and is it an Annual renewal or every-other-year? If you are within the recission period, many on here will recommend you IMMEDIATELY rescind. You can find resale contracts for much cheaper than for what Wyndham is selling them.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
As long as the bonus points are available for use during the period that you book your reservation, if you need additional housekeeping points they should come from those bonus points.

You need to be careful about making short reservations (less than a week) because they will use up your housekeeping points fast. With only 84,000 points, unless you book studios, you won't have enough housekeeping points for two short stays.

budburn1

Reaction score
Housekeeping Points

Thanks, betty helpful. As a Silver member no UK points were charged for my first reservation of 5 days.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think it is automatic, you have a choice. When I made a reservation recently without enough HK, I was given the option whether to take from my next year's HK or purchase HK from Wyndham (very expensive). I was given the option both online and via phone with a VC.

Shorter stays really eat up the HK.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buy Resell Next Time

Here's some advise. If you want to add additional points to your Wyndham membership, buy resell on the secondary market. You got the bonus points from Wyndham as a carrot to hook you on timeshare stays.

If you like the idea of condos, then buy resell and save yourself tens of thousands of dollars. This website (TUG) or eBay are good places to buy. If you are not sure about an eBay seller ask us on TUG. You can buy Wyndham point contracts for pennies on the dollar.

Are you Navy? I'm Air Force...

budburn1

Reaction score
HK Points

No, I am not Military. At 82 and with a Pleasure Way RV, I don't know why my wife and Ipurchased a timeshare. However, it is what it is and we feel we can best use our points with less than a week stay and use our RV foto fill out the week. Wrong? Thanks for your insight.

bud

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are going to do short stays, you will make the most use of your points staying Sunday - Thursdays. Fridays and Saturdays take a lot more points.

Also, there are places usually "legacy" (older) resorts where you can stay for a full week for 84k or less during low season (varies by location).

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The other way to think about 84K is to Pool the points every year. The HK credits get put into the pool as well, and that lets you balance HK-heavy reservations with those that use fewer HK credits. There is a modest fee to Pool, but with a small account like this it is probably worth doing because it adds a lot of flexibility.

okkid

Reaction score
Check and see if you are considered VIP

Something to look into. Is that your bonus points and annual/biannual points add up to 300 000 pts. you may want to call Wyndham to see if that qualifies you as VIP til the expiration of the bonus pts. I know Wyndham uses that as a sales tactic to get to people to buy developer points. They'll give you enough bonus points so you get up to 300K and be VIP until the expiration of the bonus points. If you are VIP then you have unlimited housekeeping points. They like to do that to get you to buy and give you a taste of the VIP so that they can hustle you to buy more points later to get to VIP. Anyways something to look into and ask as it looks to me that is why they gave you that # of bonus pts.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Something to look into. Is that your bonus points and annual/biannual points add up to 300 000 pts. you may want to call Wyndham to see if that qualifies you as VIP til the expiration of the bonus pts. I know Wyndham uses that as a sales tactic to get to people to buy developer points. They'll give you enough bonus points so you get up to 300K and be VIP until the expiration of the bonus points. If you are VIP then you have unlimited housekeeping points. They like to do that to get you to buy and give you a taste of the VIP so that they can hustle you to buy more points later to get to VIP. Anyways something to look into and ask as it looks to me that is why they gave you that # of bonus pts.

VIP is now 400,000; 700,000 and 1,000,000 for the point level.

budburn1

Reaction score
Bonus Pointd

On another subject: I have 216,000 bonus points I will not use by November 31expiration. What is my opinion?

Bud

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
On another subject: I have 216,000 bonus points I will not use by November 31expiration. What is my opinion?

Bud

I'm not sure, but I think they will expire. Seeing that you are in North Carolina my advice is to take some time off work and go to Myrtle Beach. Book your reservations soon.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden

Bud

Bud,

As I understand it, you have four options.

1) make a reservation
2) Club Pass
3) Wyndham Travel
4) RCI deposit.

216,000 points in RCI would give you a few years to book anything available in RCI. I would wait until they were just about to expire before depositing them.

Jim

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Bud,

As I understand it, you have four options.

1) make a reservation

2) Club Pass

3) Wyndham Travel

4) RCI deposit.

216,000 points in RCI would give you a few years to book anything available in RCI. I would wait until they were just about to expire before depositing them.

Jim

Can you deposit bonus points to RCI? I don't think I've ever seen that discussed.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
Can you deposit bonus points to RCI? I don't think I've ever seen that discussed.

I called Wyndham today specifically asking about bonus points. The VC described the four options that I mentioned above. So, as much as you can believe what Wyndham says, the answer is yes.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I called Wyndham today specifically asking about bonus points. The VC described the four options that I mentioned above. So, as much as you can believe what Wyndham says, the answer is yes.

I think you can only believe half of what Wyndham says, so he can only deposit 108,000 points......