• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

San Antonio Suggestions

Richardsdeals

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a weekend trip to San Antonio in September. I have read the reviews on the 2 resorts there and just wondered if anyone had any advice on which to stay at.

It will just be my wife and me.

We will be taking a taxi from the airport and will not have a car, so we will being walking/taking the shuttle/taxis while there.

It looks like both are in walking distance to the Riverwalk.

Thoughts on La Cascada vs. Riverside Suites?

Richard

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was stationed in San Antonia in the Air Force and have been back there many times.

Riverside Suites is on the River Walk. La Cascada is a few blocks away. Both are very close to the Alamo. There is a lot to see in walking distance of both locations. My choice is Riverside Suites. It's smaller, but in my opinion a better location.

A taxi is pricy to and from the airport. San Antonia has a fantastic bus system. Take the bus from the airport that stops at the Alamo (downtown San Antonio) and you'll save some money.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I like both.

The points at Riverside are less. The building is a 1928 reconfigured building. So it is concrete floors and exposed beams, and kind of a add layout in some rooms. Like a bathroom with huge windows, good thing there are big blinds. There is a very small shared 3rd floor patio that you can sit outside. There are NO facilities here at all. Parking is over a block away, and you can purchase a pass with in and out facilities. But you park yourself. The noise over here is much louder, if you are a light sleeper I would not stay here. There is spotty availability, as it was sold as fixed weeks, then later taken over by Wyndham. Not all units were converted, many of fixed weeks. So there is generally less to NO availability here.

The building and facilities at La Cascada are newer and nicer. There is a pool and top tub, up on the top deck with lounge chairs. This is a much quieter section of the river walk, just below the water flow dam. It is still very lose to walk to all of the features of the river walk. There is valet parking only here. But it is next door, so getting your car is easy. There is MORE availability here as it is a larger building and all units are in Wyndham points.

So both are on portions of the riverwalk. So walking is easy for either. Neither has free parking (if you have a car). One has higher point structure but better availability.

Take you choice.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The temperature at he beginning of September can be quite a bit higher than that at the end of September. If you have options, take this into consideration.

Reaction score
We stayed at La Cascada about 4 years ago. It is a very nice resort and the rooms very nice & spacious. The only complaint was the very small balcony. 2 people could just barley sit there. We took advantage of the bus system which stopped about 2 blocks away. It's real cheap transportation especially if you get a pass for a day. It took a little planning to figure out which bus to take base on where you wanted to go. The time it takes to get from point A to point B sometimes is the only drawback.

We enjoyed the Riverwalk and the downtown Western museum (can't think of the name of it).

Cdn Gal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at La Cascada a few years ago and loved it! To get to the river walk, you literally cross the street, cross a bridge, go down a stairway and then you are on it! There is perhaps a 4 min walk to the main section of the river walk where everybody is. We also liked that we were a 5-7 min walk to the Mexican Market, which was very cool to experience. On the weekends, the street was closed and there were food trucks everywhere- it was awesome! We were also about a 5min walk to this big park down the street, where they had lots of entertainment in the evening. You will have a fantastic time in San Antonio! :)