• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orlando theme parks parking

jkd

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Regarding the Orlando theme parks (Universal/Disney etc.) : Parking is almost $20 AT EACH SITE -EACH DAY!!!- does anyone know any free areas to park-we don't mind walking a bit or riding free shuttles?
THANKS for any input :)

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've heard of people parking at the DVC resorts and eating in a restaurant onsite and then using the DVC transportation to go from park to park. So, the parking is free, but you'd pay for a meal, I guess.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
WDW is expensive. PERIOD. Park tickets are generally figures at $120+ a day per person. Food and drink is FUNNY expensive. Parking is $20 (free if you have an AP - annual pass to WDW).

You need to get pass the guard gates with a HANG TAG to park at the resorts. Downtown Disney starts mid-day. But you have to ride to a DVC Resort and change bus to get to a theme park and transfer again to get back to the car at the DTD.

I don't know if the Water Parks have paid parking - as the buses do stop in there coming & going to Downtown Disney.

So either buy one AP or ride the buses ALL DAY or pay the $20 per day.

Pay the $20 ... it is good for all day parking if you come back or change theme parks.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Depending on the length of your trip, having on annual pass may be worth it just for the free parking and perhaps some other discounts.

There are no real easy free parking options. Disney doesn't make it easy to park at Downtown Disney and get to a park since the buses from there only go directly to their resorts. They do this to prevent people from parking at DTD for the free parking and going to the parks. If they had direct busing from DTD to the parks, they would run out of parking at DTD.

There are no options where you can get a shuttle or walk. WDW is huge with travel time between resorts and parks sometimes up to 20 minutes or more via bus or car.

You could perhaps park at the water parks that have free parking, but as far as I know they close fairly early. So you may have trouble getting back to the water park to get your car if you stay late. Plus it just isn't worth the hassle.

Best to just include the cost of parking in to your trip budget. It is really a very small part of the overall budget when you compare it to the cost of park tickets.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
If you are staying at a Disney resort, the parking is free.

If you aren't staying at a Disney resort, its not worth the hassle to save $20 per day to do something complicated with your parking, and risk a hassle with Disney's parking guards. You wouldn't be the first person to think of parking for free at a resort, and then catching the Disney bus to a park. How much time would the extra parking issues add to your morning and evening? You could look at paying for parking as a reduction in your travel time to the park.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Parking is included with an annual pass but before you compare the cost of tickets.... remember only one person in the car has to have an AP....

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
parking

Include it in your budget. While i hate to pay for parking myself, you just have to be realistic. Theme parks, like the airlines, catch you coming and going. You need to realize that no one is trying to help you keep costs down. If you rent a car at the airport, they will charge you outrageous fees. If you park at Ohare it will cost you a minimum of $16 a day in economy parking. If you drive downtown chicago, the parking fees are enormous. Then get back on the plane and pay your luggage fees. Sure these are rip offs, but your options are limited.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I park at Disneys Boardwalk, There is a large lot across the road. with no gate, or at least its always been open for me, and a gated lot closer to the resort...both are free

There is shopping and eating at the boardwalk and I like it a whole lot better than downtown disney...and we can take a boat or bus shuttle to the parks.