• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

JetBlue policy change

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
I just heard that JetBlue has dropped their policy of giving passengers a credit when their airfare price drops. To me this is very disappointing news as I fly them roughly a dozen times per year and greatly relied on their free-of-charge fare adjustments. I usually would book my fare as soon as the dated were released and then check periodically for price reductions. That customer-friendly policy had won them my loyalty but now they have become just like every other airline. I don't think this was a good move.

The new policy is free price adjustment within 14 days of fare purchase. After 14 days the fee is $75.00. I am writing a letter expressing my displeasure and I hope others do as well.

momala1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree completely! We never even bothered to look at other airlines if JetBlue had a flight to our destination because we knew that at some point the fare would drop and we would get the credit to put towards our next trip!

I guess we will have to start "shopping" again!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If Southwest flies out of your home terminal, you may want to check them out. They still allow you to switch to lower cost flights. You will get a credit, good for a year, to be used by the original passenger.

momala1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I was not aware they did that - thought it was only JetBlue! I will check out their flights!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Thank you! I was not aware they did that - thought it was only JetBlue! I will check out their flights!
I know it isn't convenient for you, but Alaska also has this policy. This, more so than any other customer benefit, is what keeps me loyal to them.

mbh

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Still Available for Some Tickets

If you purchased a ticket before August 13th, you can still have the difference deposited into your travel bank at no charge. I did this yesterday and the agent explained the new policy as noted by others, but if the ticket was purchased prior to Aug. 13th, you can still bank the credit.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Jet Blue to Favor Shareholders Over Customers?

JetBlue may start putting customers second
Published: Aug 20, 2014 4:15 p.m. ET

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Shares of JetBlue Airways shot up to a 7 1/2-year high Wednesday, after Cowen & Co. applauded an expected change in the air carrier’s strategy in which it will start favoring shareholders over customers.

Analyst Helane Becker raised her investment rating on JetBlue’s stock to outperform from market perform, and boosted her price target to $15. A spokesperson for JetBlue said the company’s policy is to not comment on speculation.

Becker said adding 12 more seats to each A320 jet, adding a first checked-bag fee and WiFi fees could add roughly 53 cents to full-year per-share earnings. She said her suggested changes are in line with current industry standards. “The revenue benefit to the company would probably trump any customer pushback.”

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
I guess we lost the friendly airline. And, in turn, they'll loose me.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
It used to be an easy decision to book JetBlue even if the fares were higher, because you could watch and get a credit. In many instances their fares are higher than competitors, and I think they counted on the majority of passengers not checking after booking. I wonder how losing that option will affect booking- will people pay a higher price up front or will they be more watchful of the booking price?

Chrispee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Terrible move IMO. I would speculate that they underestimate how many people book because of the price guarantee. Obviously JetBlue keeps stats on how many pax actually apply for the credits on price guarantee, and how many issued credit dollars expire, but I'd also be willing to bet they underestimate how many clients book their next flight on JetBlue because they have a credit.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I could'a scored a $50/ticket credit with JetBlue on Saturday, but waited, and now the price is back up to where I bought them. <kicking myself> :(