• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nova Scotia: Prince Edward Island lodging

Kelso

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Help. We will be staying for a week at Harbor Ridge in Southwest Harbor, Maine for Sept. 8-15. We intend to rent a car to drive to stay on Prince Edward Island and stay 3 or 4 days. Since this will not be a timeshare, any recommendations where to stay for the Anne of Green Gables tourist would be helpful. Does it matter whether we go before or after our week in Maine (due to things being open/closed)? I am ready to make our reservations for lodging and airfare.

Any other suggestions are welcome too.

Kelso:wave:

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
We loved Dalvay by the Sea - a grand old house turned into a hotel - it's a bit pricy for a family, but great for a romantic getaway. If you're looking for something a bit less grand, Shaw's Cottages & Hotel are also good.

bobk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year my wife and I stayed at the Firedance Country Inn. It's a B & B in St. Catherine's about a 20 minute drive to downtown Charlottetowne. It was fantastic...Great breakfast and had quite a bit more privacy then most B & B's. Their website is www.firedanceinn.ca if you are interested... If you have any questions about the inn or other things to do on PEI feel free to private message me.
p.s. Anne of Green Gables the play is great.

Last edited:

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago we stayed at Shining Waters cabins. They have a wide variety of accomodations, 2 pools, a playground,and are walking distance to Cavendish beach and Anne of Green Gables house. As a huge bonus up the road about 2 miles is a Tim Horton's. Almost went back last year but it was going to cost more than our exchange into the Manhatten Club. Yikes!:hi:
Joan

Strong1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dalvay

We also loved Dalvay-By-The-Sea. They have some cabins you can choose to have complete privacy (great for families), or you can stay in the Inn. Our plan included meals, and we had fantastic 3 and 4 course dinners each night. The price seemed high, but when you factored in your meals it was reasonable. If you can afford it, I would recommend them highly.

Colleen

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
To Kelso - are you also interested in Nova Scotia lodging? It was in your post title so I wanted to check. We also stayed in a couple of places in Nova Scotia on our trip to PEI that I could recommend - but I would have to dig out the names of the places at home.

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should know that the Anne of Green Gables area, especially in the summer, is overrun with tourists. We prefer to stay almost in any direction 1/2 to an hour away. PEI tourist bureau will be glad to send you a book with listings of lodging all over the province. We pick from that. Now is not too soon. There are many lovely B&B's to choose from. Enjoy!
Connie

Kelso

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My update

Thanks for all the suggestions. We went ahead and made the reservations at the Bugaboo cottages in September. This was a recommendation from a Tugger. Anyone else been there?

:D

bigrick

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to Bugaboo but let me add that Nova Scotia is chock full of B&Bs. Lots and lots of places to stay! With very friendly and open people! We toured there for a week in August along the coast and only made it (from Bar Harbor) to Halifax. Lots to see and do and enjoy along the way. We stayed each night in a B&B. We never booked ahead. Always had plenty of options. Quite often our 'bed' was the entire upper floor of the house. Breakfasts were usually huge on the scale of what I think of as farmer breakfasts, you know, for for 20 but only 6 are present!

qaRuss

TUG Member
Reaction score
PEI

You are visiting a wonderfull place. We've made the long trek several times and will be again.
There are two outstanding places to stay.
Dalvay-by-the-Sea is enchanting and during our visit two exceptional meals were included.
We also just loved Charlotte's Rose Inn, a B&B in Charlottetown.
Green Gables is touristy. Everything else is exceptional.
You'll enjoy being a "come from away"!
Check out the provinces web page at www.gov.pe.ca . It is one of the best I've ever visited.
Enjoy.
Russ

caribbeansun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be aware that the week prior includes Labour Day which could be more pricey with less availabilty than the week after your stay in Maine. Although based on your dates it looks more like you'd be immediately after Labour Day weekend so it may not matter.

Help. We will be staying for a week at Harbor Ridge in Southwest Harbor, Maine for Sept. 8-15. Does it matter whether we go before or after our week in Maine (due to things being open/closed)?

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Weather and Lodging

Kelso,

What was the weather like in Sep when you were at PEI?

Does anyone know what the closest timeshare to PEI is?

What is the closest airport to PEI?

Thanks,
Joe

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is an airport on PEI in CHarlottetown. Air Canada and lkely Westjet fly into there. I have seen a timeshare show up in Nova Scotia but haven't ever seen it available. I consider this region of Canada to be an area where you use local lodging. It costs more than timeshares but you have the flexibility of going for only a few days and then moving on. You could share the week between PEI and NS.

Joan

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Joan,

Do you know what the weather is like in September on PEI?

Thanks for the info.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My best guess will be the weather should be great and less crowds. However depending where you're from you might find the water cold for swimming. THere are lots of weather records you can google that would be specific.

Joan