• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Email: RCI Class Action Settlement

Cruiser Too

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received an email that states:
  • You May be a Member of a Class Action Settlement Regarding RCI Weeks® Timeshare Program and Entitled to Benefits

It goes on with:
......If the Settlement is approved, Settlement Class Members who submit Claim Forms may receive monetary, travel-related or program benefits. Claim Forms must be submitted to the Settlement Administrator by November 20, 2009.​

Normally, one does not have to submit a form to be eligible....

Is this another scam ???

Thanks !!!

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I rec'd one also. Until it can be confirmed that it is legit, I have no intention of clicking on anything contained in the email.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I now believe that the e-mails are legit as a "new" attempt to notify owners of the lawsuit.
http://www.weeksprogramsettlement.com/courtdocs.htm appears to be a legitimate website.
But much of the information is outdated. Be sure to read the court docs b4 doing anything else.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I certainly hope that isnt the official notification...but nothing suprises me anymore.

RustyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that's the official notification of membership in the class

I certainly hope that isnt the official notification...but nothing suprises me anymore.

I absolutely think it is the official notification. One of the stipulations over the summer was they didn't perform diligence in notification of class members. Considering I get mailings and spam from RCI regularly regarding vacation options, etc, they obviously knew how to reach me, yet the email in my inbox today was the first I heard "officially" about the suit. I actually didn't hear about it until reading it on TUG this summer (tip of the hat), well past the original dates. They almost got away with it (wag of the finger). Now they'll try to get away with a token settlement, and they just might succeed.

jodivk

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI email

I did click on the link. It's a website with outdated information but it does have the claim form to either fill out and mail or supposedly to fill-in and submit online. When I checked it this morning, the online version wasn't working.

When I get time I plan to read the documents more in-depth. As an overview there doesn't appear to be much offered as a reimb. to weeks program owners, a pittance. Which I guess is usually the case in settlements anyhow.

jodi

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I like how RCI sent this out so most people will NOT KNOW to look (open it) as RCI does NOT appear in the header info - MOST PEOPLE will consider it SPAM ...

Every email I get from RCI has RCI on the header of the email ... wanting me to know they are offering me something. This is an email begging to be deleted before it is opened.

Added: I only got 2 emails for my 3 RCI Weeks accounts. I get 3 RCI emails for every other special offering from RCI.

JMHO,

Last edited:

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get frequent correspondence from RCI but I did not receive this (yet). And I do check the junk folder. Very strange indeed.

Charlie D.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looked pretty ligitimate to me - filled out the on-line claim form. The only thing they asked for that anyone rifling through our trash couldn't find was our RCI account number.

Charlie D.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looked pretty ligitimate to me - filled out the on-line claim form. The only thing they asked for that anyone rifling through our trash couldn't find was our RCI account number.

Charlie D.

Filling out the online claim form to claim RCI's stupid worthless trinkets is a big mistake. That is essentially agreeing that they can continue to rip off the exchange system by diverting good weeks deposited for exchange to rentals, and for what? One of a few stupid trinkets?

The thing to do if you are concerned about the integrity of the exchange system is to OBJECT to the settlement.

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing in my e-mail. Doesn't surprise me!

Cruiser Too

TUG Member
Reaction score
Filling out the online claim form to claim RCI's stupid worthless trinkets is a big mistake. That is essentially agreeing that they can continue to rip off the exchange system by diverting good weeks deposited for exchange to rentals, and for what? One of a few stupid trinkets?

The thing to do if you are concerned about the integrity of the exchange system is to OBJECT to the settlement.

Regarding your: "Driving Every Loyal Traveller Away - the new Delta "

Here's one I heard lately:
DELTA = Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got an email with something about a Settlement.

I started to delete because I figured it was SPAM. Then, I thought about RCI. I didn't delete it, but I have not opened it up yet to take a look. I am assuming now that it is from RCI.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I like how RCI sent this out so most people will NOT KNOW to look (open it) as RCI does NOT appear in the header info - MOST PEOPLE will consider it SPAM ...

Every email I get from RCI has RCI on the header of the email ... wanting me to know they are offering me something. This is an email begging to be deleted before it is opened.

Added: I only got 2 emails for my 3 RCI Weeks accounts. I get 3 RCI emails for every other special offering from RCI.

JMHO,
Why would anyone need 3 RCI weeks accounts? Did you mean to say you have a Weeks and a Points account with RCI? That would equal 2...and be the reason for just 2 emails. :shrug: