• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
Can someone give me the link to the database for Marriott ROFR? Thank You

Donna

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Donna,

Unfortunately, the database is down so you can't get to the data now. What are you looking at and maybe someone will have advice for you?

Best,

Greg

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to start another database here through this forum/site?

Seems like it would be VERY useful to many of us.

larryallen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KOBC x6, Westin Kierland x2, and we went to the darkside and bought points!
Yeah, the ROFR database is dead. I do have the info from the the database as it was when it went down last October.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1crfiWNIn8oahjx98fwzQ1drlFOId142w3XDp04C8tSU/edit

I really wish I had a better solution, especially now that Marriott has again become much more active in ROFR.

THANK YOU for posting that link. Your data is so awesome. It's pretty easy to search. I saved to Excel and then resorted by column D to get the info I wanted. Thank you thank you. What do you need to put it back on-line?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
THANK YOU for posting that link. Your data is so awesome. It's pretty easy to search. I saved to Excel and then resorted by column D to get the info I wanted. Thank you thank you. What do you need to put it back on-line?

In the form it is in, it needs to be on a site that supports CGI scripts. But it could go back online as an SQL database, I just don't have the knowhow or resources to do that.

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
Thank you, that was what I was looking for.

Donna

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I know the object is to not overload the forum with Sticky posts but should we have an ongoing one for ROFR? It wouldn't work the same as Dioxide's database but that could be linked in the first post of the thread and then waivers/exercises could be posted as they happen.

Opinions?

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Susan- would it be possible to list each resort and then have it an editable post by all users,so that the ROFR info could be listed under each resort?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I know the object is to not overload the forum with Sticky posts but should we have an ongoing one for ROFR? It wouldn't work the same as Dioxide's database but that could be linked in the first post of the thread and then waivers/exercises could be posted as they happen.

Opinions?

Can we put the ROFR results into the ROFR metric thread?

it would be very helpful to have the poster compute the ROFR metric to, to provide further validation of the metric. Any objection to that?

Best,

Greg

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Susan- would it be possible to list each resort and then have it an editable post by all users,so that the ROFR info could be listed under each resort?

I believe the 48-hour edit function applies to all posts with the override capability based on Guest/Member/Moderator/Admin functions rather than on specific posts. In other words, a function similar to the "Wiki" posts on flyertalk.com isn't in effect here on TUG.

In my view ROFR activity/posts happen too frequently to require constant editing by a moderator in a single post. It works in the MF threads - which include links in the first post to each specific post therein - but the flurry of activity there is concentrated to only a couple months.

Those reasons are why I think an ongoing ROFR sticky thread is the only option despite it being somewhat "bulky." But all ideas will be considered and I'll wait a few days to see what shakes out here before putting up the sticky.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can we put the ROFR results into the ROFR metric thread?

it would be very helpful to have the poster compute the ROFR metric to, to provide further validation of the metric. Any objection to that?

Best,

Greg

No objection, that's a good idea. Link to the thread, please, if it ends up being the best idea after a few days? :)

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've gotten another very good suggestion from a TUGger to incorporate DaveM's ROFR post in the Weeks sticky to whatever ROFR thread we come up with. As usual Marriott TUGgers are doing what they do to make this place a wealth of information! :)

Last edited:

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
In the form it is in, it needs to be on a site that supports CGI scripts. But it could go back online as an SQL database, I just don't have the knowhow or resources to do that.

Honestly, I'd just continue using Google Sheets for the time being. You can modify the permissions to allow everyone to edit, and simply review the revisions yourself (if you were previously doing that on the old site). There are a few collaboration add-ons available that may be of use, too.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Shadow Ridge EOY - White - flunked ROFR

This seems like as good of a place to post this. About three weeks ago I WON an Ebay auction on aN eoy shadow ridge white week. The purchase price was about $1000 it seems like the paperwork went through with the cost is being $2000. But nevertheless Marriott exercised their right of first refusal. I was surprised because there were some other sales for shadow ridge at about the same time an I would have thought that the volume would have given me safe haven. So, it appears that Marriott is quite active on their rofr.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
This seems like as good of a place to post this. About three weeks ago I WON an Ebay auction on aN eoy shadow ridge white week. The purchase price was about $1000 it seems like the paperwork went through with the cost is being $2000. But nevertheless Marriott exercised their right of first refusal. I was surprised because there were some other sales for shadow ridge at about the same time an I would have thought that the volume would have given me safe haven. So, it appears that Marriott is quite active on their rofr.
I assume you mean gold? MRD is Platinum-Gold-Silver not Red-White-Blue.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Does that mean the Seller will get your agreed-upon price from Marriott, or, the amount that was on the ROFR waiver?

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I assume you mean gold? MRD is Platinum-Gold-Silver not Red-White-Blue.

Yes, you're right. I get confused with DSV1 and 2.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does that mean the Seller will get your agreed-upon price from Marriott, or, the amount that was on the ROFR waiver?

I am not sure. I am just surprised that Marriott would exercise a rofr on an eoy gold.