• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lymphoma - it can happen to me - and did

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love you all!

Thank you for such kind messages! I did well with surgery. It was lymphoma mass, so they left it. They will kill it with chemo. I will be on steroids for a week until we start chemo so my spine isn't affected again.

Yes, that fall may have jolted the lymphoma just enough to make it hurt which is GOOD because it means we caught it earlier. I have absolutely no other symptoms of the cancer.

Time to get lots of fun scarves and hats. I'm ready to win this war and get to vacation this summer!!!!!:cheer:

OH - after surgery I begged to leave and they let me haha - I HATE hospitals. I'm a little groggy:rofl:, but I slept in my own bed last night:clap:

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Thank you for such kind messages! I did well with surgery. It was lymphoma mass, so they left it. They will kill it with chemo. I will be on steroids for a week until we start chemo so my spine isn't affected again.

Yes, that fall may have jolted the lymphoma just enough to make it hurt which is GOOD because it means we caught it earlier. I have absolutely no other symptoms of the cancer.

Time to get lots of fun scarves and hats. I'm ready to win this war and get to vacation this summer!!!!!:cheer:

OH - after surgery I begged to leave and they let me haha - I HATE hospitals. I'm a little groggy:rofl:, but I slept in my own bed last night:clap:

It can be unbelievable how rapidly lymphoma masses will shrink with therapy. I had a bulldog patient with lymphoma in his spine, completely paralyzed, couldn't move his hind legs at all. Literally the day after his first radiation treatment he was walking again.

Low grade, treatable- no one wants a cancer dx, but if you have to have one, that's the kind to sign up for!

Feel better and try to actually get some rest.

H

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so so sorry to read this - will keep you in my prayers. Hang in there!!!

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Ellen- glad you posted after the surgery. Attitude is half the battle, and it's nice to see yours is so good. Get this under control, and then get busy planning a great celebratory trip for next summer!

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can do this....chemo sucks but it is doable....
Bald is beautiful by the way and easy....it was so easy when I was bald I was hoping I could learn to love me bald...in and out of shower in a flash, no shaving legs, nothing...I did the hat, scarves, wigs look too but bald was easier...
Take all the drugs they offer for side effects, do not be a martyr...

Please keep us updated when you can and will be praying for you and wishing fro quick recovery on the stars.. holding your hand virtually!! Many many hugs!

Oh and happy your surgery went fine ...I am rooting for you, you go girl! :cheer:

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
DW wore baseball caps when her hair fell out during chemo for breast cancer. It grew back thicker than ever. You may want to ask your physicians about Zofran. It works really well for nausea.

calgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen, I just want to add to the chorus of good thoughts. My elderly father (mid 80s) underwent chemo for non-Hodgkins lymphoma 4 years ago, and has been in remission since. The drugs are very good for this cancer, one newer one specifically targets the lymphoma cells and destroys them. It has always sounded in your posts that you are blessed with a close family and large support network. Don't try to be a superwoman right now. Allow your loved ones the joy of helping you. Good luck with this journey.

andrea t

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Ellen,
I admire your attitude and strength. You will beat this because of that. You have friends here, including me, that care and are sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. Andrea

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
DW wore baseball caps when her hair fell out during chemo for breast cancer. It grew back thicker than ever.

A friend of mine also experienced this...she had the most beautiful, thick hair when it grew back.

Ellen, best wishes with the chemo, and that positive attitude will win this for you.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
You guys are the BEST. Thanks for all of these positive, uplifting responses. I slept wonderfully last night and am excited to work this week. Chemo probably starts in another week (can't start right away after the surgery). I am going to have a bunch of friends over and have a hat party. I'm going to find a bunch of hat and scarf picture and have people help me choose what will look good.

It can be an adventure! Hey- if I have to go through this, why not look at the bright side? Tired of my long , straight hair. I'm going to let it grow back curly (I've had it professionally straighted for years)

Have a great day my dear friends. Interesting how there can be people in one's life we don't interact with face to face, but they can be so involved and caring. Thank you so much.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Your positive attitude will sustain you through your illness. And you know that we, your unseen (except virtually) friends are always here should you need them.

As somebody else mentioned, if you have good prescription coverage, ask the doctor to prescribe Zofran if/when you have outopatient chemo...I am not sure if you are having yours in the hospital or as an outpatient. If you are in the hospital, they have plenty of solutions.

Jerry also liked my solution, for the mild yuckies, he would suck on lemon drops. Don't know why, but it works for some. I know one lady who swore by pumpkin seeds, although I'd never heard that before.

The hat party sounds like fun. Now is a good time to find hats. I'd go to Wally World or K-Mart, or if the mall has a hat store, and try on everything in sight. If you are like me, not every thing works.

I had a girlfriend, when she was going through chemo, she *never* wore a hat. Well, she did wear a knit cap in the winter if she was outside, but that was it. She liked the "clean feeling." Jerry loved that feeling, too, and never let his hair grow out, shaving it every few days for the rest of his life.

Take care of yourself. {{{ HUGS }}}

Fern

lamb

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wishing you the very best in your battle. A positive spirit will make a huge difference. Life sometimes takes crazy turns but stay focused on all the awesome trips and new experiences awaiting you once fully recovered!

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bald, healthy women are incredibly sexy. Go Ellen!

Jim

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
You need some R & R on "Old Cape Scrod" !

I want to say how much we are all rooting and praying for you. Your are such a nice person and all the good that you've put out will come back to you.

You know what's ahead of you, but you will come out well in the end. One of my favorite quotes is, "The only way to get through something is to go through it".

My next door neighbor had the same diagnosis as you. I gave her monthly injections for 25 years until she passed at age 90 from something completely different. So take heart and know that this is can be managed and managed well.

Go get 'em !

Last edited:

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bad news is that it's in my spinal cord and now I will be in-patient for 4 months and then stem cell transplant. This is so scary but I WILL SURVIVE.

Here is the link to my carepage

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/Cheerful495
Every comment is a piece of chemo attacking this disease! THANK YOU my friends.

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
YES YOU WILL!! :cheer:
Your faith, attitude, family & friends will get you through!!

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are stem cells related to bone marrow? I am a registered donor, and would love to give to you.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Password needed for carepage?

You have to sign up for access - click on BECOME A MEMBER. (You create the password when you sign up.)

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Continued prayers and positive thoughts headed you way .........

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Bad news is that it's in my spinal cord and now I will be in-patient for 4 months and then stem cell transplant. This is so scary but I WILL SURVIVE.

Here is the link to my carepage

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/Cheerful495
Every comment is a piece of chemo attacking this disease! THANK YOU my friends.

Ellen,
Sorry to hear you have to go thru this but it is not all that bad. I had the Stem Cell Transplant 3 1/2 years ago. If you remember I was posting about it every day as I was going thru each step. Will you be able to use your own stem cells or will you need a donor? I hope you can use your own stem cells. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have about the transplant just pm me.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Good luck Ellen, I wish you the best! They better let you have Internet access while in the hospital so we can all keep up with what is going on.

H

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Ellen, your strength is an inspiration to us all. I'm confident you'll beat this thing.

Brian

tobyk

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your positive attitude will help you heal

You will be blessed continually with love and kindness from strangers as you get well. I will be sending prayers heavenward.