• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten - Woodstone Section

NKN

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband is attempting to hike the Appalachian Trail this year.

I was thinking about reserving two weeks at Massanutten's Woodstone for part of the time frame in which he would be hiking through Virginia. I'd arrive early and then wait for him to arrive.

Are the Woodstone units one floor each or on two floors, as in a townhouse?
No elevators, correct ? Trying to decide how to get my luggage up the stairs.

And, in a two-bedroom unit, the RCI page says the beds are : one queen and two twins. Is that correct? Might bring a friend with me.

Thanks.
NKN :hi:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you are in a 2 br sleeps 6 either full kitchen or partial kitchen, your unit will be on a single floor and the second bedroom will have 2 twin beds. I think most if not all would have a king in the master bedroom. You will be in a luxury unit (inside of units are the same) meaning it may be a 3 story building with an elevator and the lock off portions are side by side. With a Saturday or Sunday check in you could be in luxury or deluxe. The deluxe are two story townhouses and the upper floor has the 2 bedroom partial kitchen and the 1st floor has the 2 br full kitchen units. There are no elevators in the deluxe units and there may be up to 5 steps to get you into the first floor. Most have about 3 or 4 some of none. There are accessible units with no steps to the first floor.

There are also 2 br sleeps 8 (woodstone casa units) They are in different size buildings, with elevators. I think the second bedroom may have a queen and not doubles but not sure about that.

NKN

TUG Member
Reaction score
NEW QUESTION:

Woodstone has a 1-in-4 rule. We've never been there before.

Would that keep me from being able to book two consecutive weeks in the same year?

I'll contact RCI and ask, later today.

NKN :doh::doh:

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
NEW QUESTION:

Woodstone has a 1-in-4 rule. We've never been there before.

Would that keep me from being able to book two consecutive weeks in the same year?

I'll contact RCI and ask, later today.

NKN :doh::doh:

Could you book one exchange and one extra vacation? The 1 in 4 rule doesn't generally apply to extra vacations...but as always, check with the resort. I hope you find a way to work it out!

NKN

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Owner Services at Massanutten. Apparently, they can be flexible at the discretion of the manager, but within reason.

Okay: Wk 5/13 & 5/20
Not Okay: Wk 5/21 & 5/28

Why? That last week leads into Memorial Day Weekend.

They also suggested calling them, first, to get the verbal approval and name of manager. Then do the reservations on RCI. And, if the RCI system doesn't cooperate, then call RCI and give them the manager's name.

That suggestion to do one week as an Extra Vacation, is reasonable and interesting. Only costs about $200 more than a regular exchange fee. But that is still cheaper than renting. We'll keep that option in mind, also.

NKN

Steve NH

TUG Member
Reaction score
If willing to take the chance.. 5/13 and 5/20 are not prime weeks.
RIC will usually have them cheap last minute (few weeks out) Often pretty much close to a regular exchange fee.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Woodstone at Massanutten - Units 1 -645

Experience the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Woodstone Meadows
These are four-bedroom units sleep 12 and
can be locked out to two two-bedroom units.
UNIT F UNIT P UNIT FP UNIT Y UNIT N UNIT YN

Woodstone - Casa de Campo™ Windthistler La
These units are two-bedroom units sleeping 8
which can be locked out to two one-bedroom
units each sleeping 4.
UNIT K UNIT E UNIT KE

Woodstone Check-In Dates/Unit Numbers

Saturday - Units 1-136
Originial Section - Townhouse Style

Sunday - Units 137-261
Second Section - Townhouse & Condos
and a few Casa Country House Buildings

Friday - Units 334-381
Third Second - Condo Syle Units

Not sure about check in dates
for the newer Woodstone Condo
style units in 400-500-600 series.

Woodstone Outdoor Pool Redstone Dr
is located across from Building # 645

Last edited:

yellowbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
Massanutten - WoodStone

I have inherited the responsibility of getting rid of timeshares our family does not use. We have 3 at Massanutten alone. I've had it listed in the Marketplace for months now (I just renewed the ad), but have not had any luck.

Any ideas? Is it possible to get rid of the Massanutten timeshares? Is there any resale value at all? I've included below what I know about the timeshares....

Woodstone at Massanutten - Week 20 Luxury Unit. $50 + purchaser paying closing costs, OBO. This is a 4 bedroom unit that sleeps 12, or can be split into 2 2-bedroom units that sleep 6 (a lockout unit). I believe the information provided on the unit is correct, but all information is subject to verification, with a third party to draft all closing documents to ensure transaction completed accurately. We have 2 additional Woodstone Massanutten units available to sell (Floating Wk 21 - Red- Yearly - Luxury; WK 43 Casa de Campo Bi-Yearly (Odd)) and may be able to negotiate a multi-unit sale.

Steve NH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you contacted the resort to see if they'd take the timeshares back?

Don't know why they wouldn't, that way they can sell it to the next S----- that comes thru their sales presentation for $11,000.00 (that's the final discounted price of course)

yellowbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
Getting rid of Woodstone

Don't know why they wouldn't, that way they can sell it to the next S----- that comes thru their sales presentation for $11,000.00 (that's the final discounted price of course)

I called the resort a few months ago about a deedback. They claim they dont do it (there are no mortgages on the property). They were quick to remind me that they have the Right of First Refusal though.

If anyone has heard of Massanutten doing deedbacks (or knows which department to ask for/number to use), I'd be more than willing to call again....