• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012] Best and worst Wyndham Sales Experiences...

loosefeet

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
OHHH, so that is why we have to talk to a sales person in order to get our parking pass now!! The Wyndham influence after buying WorldMark!! I don't like this change--it just feels sleazy.

WM owner

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
OHHH, so that is why we have to talk to a sales person in order to get our parking pass now!! The Wyndham influence after buying WorldMark!! I don't like this change--it just feels sleazy.

WM owner

Parking passes at Worldmark aren't required. I haven't used one for years and I've been to 41 different WM resorts. You can safely walk on by the 'resort host' desk. I've tried all sorts of reasons/strategies and finally came to the conclusion that it's a complete waste of my time to even try to get them to leave me alone. They have your car info at check in so there really isn't any valid reason for the parking pass. Sometimes they chase me down and I simply point out that fact and move on. If parking is limited or you think there might be an issue, simply tell the person at check in that you will only use a parking pass if it is included with your check in material. They usually reach down to an extra supply and give it to you.

Sue

montanonpd36

Reaction score
Sgt. Montano Newton Police

new Wyndham owners still a little worried about what we purchased. 200,000 a year is this a good choice?

lcml11

Reaction score
new Wyndham owners still a little worried about what we purchased. 200,000 a year is this a good choice?

Hard to tell from what you provided. If it is at a location that you would want to go if the resort ever disassociated from the Wyndham Trust that it is lined up with (not likely to happen) than it would be alright.

You did not mention if this Worldmark by Wyndham, Wyndham Club Plus/Access, or Shell Vacation club. If Wyndham Club Plus/Access, then 200,000 points should be more than sufficient to get you non prime weeks at most of the Club's resorts.

If one of the other two, I will defer to members of those clubs for a response.

If this is a re-sale or contracts with VIP eligible points, then watch resort specials to make the points go further for Wyndham Club Plus/Access.

If you want to exchange into a non-Wyndham resort, then this is what your points would get you through RCI (remember there is a exchange fee involved and one time I used RCI, I found out the hard way at check-in that the Resort charged a surcharge if the reservation was made through RCI).

Worldwide External Exchange Points Chart
Demand Studio 1 BR 2 BR 3 BR or More
Prime 90,000 126,000 205,000 300,000
High 77,000 105,000 165,000 232,000
Value 52,000 77,000 126,000 159,000
Quiet 35,000 63,000 77,000 112,000

P.S. If you like Myrtle Beach in the Winter, you points will go a long long way in January and February.

Last edited: