• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free Ka'anapali Beach Club

mched

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to posting on this site.
I have a Deeded Ocean View Unit at the Ka'anapali Beach Club
It has 1 bedroom, 1 bath, Living room, Dining area and Kitchen.
Every odd year usage, next available is Jan, 2013
No mortgage and all fees are current.
Maintenance fees for 2013 are approximately $1250 and will be the responsibility of the buyer. I tried getting the 2013 dues from Diamond but they could not tell me what they were yet.
Resort Transfer fee is $250
Legal timeshare transfers charges $125 plus postage and recording fees.
http://www.legaltimesharetransfers.com/
Timeshare Title charges $725 total which includes the Resort Transfer fee.
www.timesharetitle.com
I am looking for a buyer that is willing to pay closing costs but if interested we can discuss possibly sharing the costs.
If you have any questions or I left anything out, please let me know.
Thanks

Last edited:

jimp1072

TUG Member
Reaction score
My inexperience with this forum will show through with this question. What does "bump..." mean?

Thanks

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
My inexperience with this forum will show through with this question. What does "bump..." mean?

Thanks
bumping it to the top. When someone posts it brings it to the top of the list in the forum. So someone typically posts something for sale/rent and a few days later they want to bump it back up to maximize views.

jimp1072

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK. Got it. Thanks for explanation.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
bumping it to the top. When someone posts it brings it to the top of the list in the forum. So someone typically posts something for sale/rent and a few days later they want to bump it back up to maximize views.

OK. Got it. Thanks for explanation.

Also be judicious about "bumping". In internet etiquette, it's the same thing as cutting off someone else when they are talking. By bumping the poster is saying, in effect, that they think that their thread is more important than other peoples' threads.

On some boards, bumping a thread will result in the thread being deleted.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I would guess that $1250 MF may be a barrier for most, as that is very high even if it is Hawaii.

mched

Reaction score
I would guess that $1250 MF may be a barrier for most, as that is very high even if it is Hawaii.

The $1250 was a guess. When I paid them in 2011, they were $1183 so I just assumed that they would go up, but I could be wrong and perhaps they stayed the same.
Now, this amount is still considerably less than calling a resort as a non member and booking a room.

Last edited:

Phill12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never thought I would see the day Hawaii timeshares would be offered free! :shrug: Also no takers so far as most of this talk is about bumping.:doh:

PHIL:ponder:

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Phil, I agree. How sad...this is especially true in Maui where the property tax for timeshare is out of control.

lifefanatic

Reaction score
Can I clarify something? The unit here is every other year, and the maintenacne fees are around $1,200.

So does thta mean I am paying $2,400 for 1 week in a 1 bedroom unit? That seems excessively high. Or do you only pay the year you are using it?

mched

Reaction score
Can I clarify something? The unit here is every other year, and the maintenacne fees are around $1,200.

So does thta mean I am paying $2,400 for 1 week in a 1 bedroom unit? That seems excessively high. Or do you only pay the year you are using it?
You only pay the MF's for the year that you use it.

Last edited:

mched

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to posting on this site.
I have a Deeded Ocean View Unit at the Ka'anapali Beach Club
It has 1 bedroom, 1 bath, Living room, Dining area and Kitchen.
Every odd year usage, next available is Jan, 2013
No mortgage and all fees are current.
Maintenance fees for 2013 are approximately $1250 and will be the responsibility of the buyer. I tried getting the 2013 dues from Diamond but they could not tell me what they were yet.
Resort Transfer fee is $250
Legal timeshare transfers charges $125 plus postage and recording fees.
http://www.legaltimesharetransfers.com/
Timeshare Title charges $725 total which includes the Resort Transfer fee.
www.timesharetitle.com
I am looking for a buyer that is willing to pay closing costs but if interested we can discuss possibly sharing the costs.
If you have any questions or I left anything out, please let me know.
Thanks
I will now pay closings costs.
The buyer would just be responsible for the 2013 maintenace fees.

rickles

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interested

Hi,

I'm interested in your unit. Pls pm (private message) me.

Thanks!

mched

Reaction score
Buyer that I had in place just backed out. The timeshare is available again for anyone that is interested.
Just to be clear, the name of the resort is the Ka'anapali Beach Club which is part of Diamond Resorts International.

https://www.diamondresorts.com/Ka'anapali-Beach-Club

mountainguide

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do they still charge $24.00 a day for internet and $20.00 a day to park? When I was there in December owners were complaining about a massive assesment coming through next year? Any truth in that? Something about shore rights litigation.

mched

Reaction score
Do they still charge $24.00 a day for internet and $20.00 a day to park? When I was there in December owners were complaining about a massive assesment coming through next year? Any truth in that? Something about shore rights litigation.

I am not aware of any assesment nor have I been notified that there would be one.
As far as parking goes, we have never been charged for it as it has always been Free for owners of the resort but guests do have to pay for it.
I have never purchased internet because there is free wifi in the lobby.
Thanks

mched

Reaction score

I sent an email to the resort regarding parking and here was there response:

Aloha Mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for your recent correspondence. In regards to your question, yes, parking is still complimentary for our Owners. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us via our toll free number of 877-988-6284 or via email at ownerskbc@diamondresorts.com.

Mahalo & Have A Wonderful Day!

Kamalei Haupu-Gonsalves | Owner Services & Reservation Agent | Ka’anapali Beach Club | Diamond Resorts International® | Tel 877.988.6284 | Fax 808.667.1370

robcrusoe

Banned
Reaction score
Also be judicious about "bumping". In internet etiquette, it's the same thing as cutting off someone else when they are talking. By bumping the poster is saying, in effect, that they think that their thread is more important than other peoples' threads.

On some boards, bumping a thread will result in the thread being deleted.

but TROg
DeniseM told them to do it
it's in her instructions