• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham points contracts

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not ready to give it all up. In 5 years (age 75) I want to be down to a relatively small account. It took me 5 years to build up what I have. I'll take 5 years to unwind it. I'm happy to show anyone interested in what I'm doing. I can think of at least a couple of guys, that have already taken some of what I've learned and made it their own but I don't thing I have anything that can't be easily duplicated. This ain't rocket science

And looking back I can thank Tug and especially Linda and Jim and Rick and Cindy and another Jim and Mike and another Mike and others that I forget their names but not their help and advice and let's not forget the Wyndham owner care people Diana and Kate and Cole and Travis and others that put up with my crap on almost a daily basis and are nothing but sweet and kind and helpful in spite of it
Why not put a very attractive package together and approach Wyndham with an offer, say a dollar a point?

Some real winners, some good, and some dogs.

Who knows

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not put a very attractive package together and approach Wyndham with an offer, say a dollar a point?

Who knows

They are getting all the points they want through Ovation. Why would they pay for them?

And I'm sure you meant a dollar per thousand.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Who knows

Been there done that

An offer that might seem attractive to you and me may not be as attractive to Wyndham

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok

I have verbal agreements for the two deeds and if they fall through I have back ups, so lets consider them sold. If they all fall through Ill repost my offer

And Im talking to several folks regarding my VIP secrets so I think we are done talking about them here

As soon as I firm up what Im working on now I have more 300,000 to 500,000 point contracts to offer on the same terms, MF not quite as good, but better than average

So "watch this space"

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a saying in sales, "no call, no sale". And don't edit the news.

Ovation is great, but labor intensive. And who knows maybe they want much more than what they are getting.
One huge grab all at once? Wyndham might take it. Judging by the number of people finding people wanting to recind this year, sales must be good?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a saying in sales, "no call, no sale". And don't edit the news.

Ovation is great, but labor intensive. And who knows maybe they want much more than what they are getting.
One huge grab all at once? Wyndham might take it. Judging by the number of people finding people wanting to recind this year, sales must be good?

I had an old sales manager who was fond of saying "you gotta tell 'em to sell 'em"

and with that in mind, I am trying to set up meetings in Orlando with all the right people.

Thanks for the advice Ray, If you are pretty sure this can happen, maybe put your money where your mouth is and take what I have at a half a penny a point and you sell it to Wyndham at a penny. That would be a cool $150,000 for each of us and no work for me... I like it

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had an old sales manager who was fond of saying "you gotta tell 'em to sell 'em"

and with that in mind, I am trying to set up meetings in Orlando with all the right people.

Thanks for the advice Ray, If you are pretty sure this can happen, maybe put your money where your mouth is and take what I have at a half a penny a point and you sell it to Wyndham at a penny. That would be a cool $150,000 for each of us and no work for me... I like it
Do you take I O U's?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Me believes that thou dost thinks me idea does carry a bit of a stench!

Nope

I think Wyndham ought to take the deal. It gets one mega renter out of their hair and a bunch of points back that they can dump back int cwa and sell at 20 cents each it's a good deal for them and it's a good deal for me. Even at a half a penny a point I profit.

So I'm willing to pay you to make that happen

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
...I started this with the goal of making a couple of extra dollars to supplement my retirement income. And I continued because I was having a good time. ...

.... I am currently paying about $250,000 a year in timeshare maintenance fees....

Wow, it sounds like this turned into a way bigger business than just "making a couple of extra dollars"! I have to say, I am a fan of yours, Ron. I have been on TUG for over a decade and there have been only a handful of Tuggers who have made any real money renting timeshares. (Although there may be some others who make money, but don't talk about it.)

elleny76

Reaction score
Ok

I have verbal agreements for the two deeds and if they fall through I have back ups, so lets consider them sold. If they all fall through Ill repost my offer

And Im talking to several folks regarding my VIP secrets so I think we are done talking about them here

As soon as I firm up what Im working on now I have more 300,000 to 500,000 point contracts to offer on the same terms, MF not quite as good, but better than average

So "watch this space"

Let us know! :)

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Deleted. Please note further efforts by you to argue moderator actions within forum threads will result in a suspension of your posting privileges. Again, you may send PM's/email to moderators/admin if you need clarification.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nickelnm

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None (yet) Doing research
Interesting read...definitely gives me something to think about as I start off on this journey. Like, what's a "megarenter"?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting read...definitely gives me something to think about as I start off on this journey. Like, what's a "megarenter"?

If you look very closely, you might see little horns rising from their heads, and faint traces of the blood of children on their dinner napkins!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

no one knows how to define mega renter.. Ive owned as many as 30 million points (twice) but I do very few rentals , Ive been wholesaling points to several points managers. These are the real mega renters, I consider myself a mega owner, not a mega renter

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village Grandview at Vegas
I have two Wyndham points contracts that i would like to give away.

1) Great Smokey Lodge 1,001,000 points, Oct use year, mf $5.01/1000
2) Canterbury 500,000 points, April use year, mf $4/1000

I will pay all costs of closing and transfer fees

Because of the mf, these are two of the most desirable contracts in the Wyndham system

So whats the catch? Those of you that know me know the answer. I have used all the points from these contracts and the next use is the 2019 use year so the first travel date for the big contract is April, 1 2018 and the first travel date for the small contract is Oct 1 2018

The points will be awarded Jan 1 2017 and I assume it will be 4 months until your first maintenance fee payment so you will be paying 4 months of fees this year before you see your first points. And unless you use the credit pool it will be nearly 18 to 24 months before your first possible travel date

So why is this a bargain deal. ... first of all its free which I think meets the definition that TugBrian recently established. As we all know when it comes to timeshares, even free can be too much so why is this a good deal?

I value Wyndham points at about $6/1000 points so I think that if I hadn't used the 2017 and 2018 points these contracts would be worth $5000 and $10000 respectively, for the points alone and the contract itself is worth something because of the low mf. (remenber mf is forever so these are contracts that will keep on giving) One of Wyndhams preferred brokers is selling Wyndham points contracts for more than that now. (link upon request)

So for the Canterbury contract the price is really $5000 but to compensate my buyer for the missing points the price is reduced to $0 and Ill pay the closing and transfer costs> As I said above, the real value here will be realized in future years because maintenance fees are forever, and these are low.

I have 20,000,000 more points in contracts of various sizes (with higher mfs) that I will sell at the same terms, once these are gone

Last point and that will be to answer the inevitable question... Why are you doing this? I am currently paying about $250,000 a year in timeshare maintenance fees, and I'll be 70 years old in a few months. No one in my family wants to take on what has become a fairly successful business, so its time to work on an exit strategy..call it estate planning or a business continuation plan. By the way I have 5 VIP Platinum accounts I am open to offers of $0 for a whole account, Platinum status intact
Do you have any small contracts like 200,000 in CWA that you want to let go and that I can pick up, that will not be coded resale.?

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates

itsjai

Reaction score
Ron Do you have anything whereby I can get Gold Status with the purchase?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village Grandview at Vegas
I would be take points not coded resale in CWA :)