• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen Fixed Week #35 @ Shore Crest Vacation Villas - will pay transfer fee

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronado Beach Resort, Fox Run, Coral Reef Beach Resort, Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines, Marriott Barony Beach, Sand Pebbles Resort, Westin Lagunamar
Giving away my mother's Bluegreen fixed week at Shore Crest I in North Myrtle Beach, SC. Week 35, unit 1407, Sunday check-in (week typically late August - early Sept). In 2017, week 35 is 8/27 - 9/3 and in 2018, it is 9/2 - 9/9. This is an Oceanfront 2 bedroom/2 bath unit, sleeps 6. She has had this since 1999 and can no longer travel. Fees are up to date and were $729.83 ($526.13 mf, $38.35 RE tax, $160.37 reserves and $5.00 voluntary ARDA) for 2016. 2017 fees are billed in mid-November. We will pay all transfer fees and closing costs for the new owner.

Last edited:

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronado Beach Resort, Fox Run, Coral Reef Beach Resort, Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines, Marriott Barony Beach, Sand Pebbles Resort, Westin Lagunamar
It is a fixed week, not converted to points...so I am not sure about that. Does anyone else have experience with this? Thanks

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
It is a fixed week, not converted to points...so I am not sure about that. Does anyone else have experience with this? Thanks
I own a fixed week at Shore Crest also. They are not part of the Bluegreen Vacation Club, but Bluegreen will gladly convert it for a fee. I declined the offer... I prefer my fixed summer week. Nice oceanfront resort that I've rented out a few times for almost double the maintenence fees.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I own a fixed week at Shore Crest also. They are not part of the Bluegreen Vacation Club, but Bluegreen will gladly convert it for a fee. I declined the offer... I prefer my fixed summer week. Nice oceanfront resort that I've rented out a few times for almost double the maintenence fees.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Free gave the correct answer to this question. You will not be part of the vacation club but will actually be deeded at the resort. You will pay MFs directly to the resort, calling BG will not help IMO. If you have questions call the resort with them, you will most likely get better answers.

vmpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for all the information. The fixed week has found a new home.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
No deed?

Does a fixed week, not member of the Bluegreen Vacation Club, come without a deed? We have been told by a Bluegreen seller that their fixed week comes with only a $100 membership transfer fee... I thought all timeshares were deeded? Sorry for a dumb question?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Does a fixed week, not member of the Bluegreen Vacation Club, come without a deed? We have been told by a Bluegreen seller that their fixed week comes with only a $100 membership transfer fee... I thought all timeshares were deeded? Sorry for a dumb question?

It does come with a deed. I think they just meant that the transfer fee is $100 vs the $299 or is it $399 when transferring BG points.

And BG does collect the MF for the HOA. I pay my MF at the BG website (for my deeded Hershey week).

This week would be great if you want a nice Ocean front in Myrtle Beach but don't have any school age children or home school and want the warm water with less crowds.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
All owners must pay the transfer fee of $100,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Thanks... I was told that there was just a "membership" transfer fee of $100 and that the total transfer would only take 30-45 days because there was no recording fee, closing costs, etc... I thought closing (change of deed, recording, paperwork, etc.) would normally take 60-90 days, maybe more. So I was surprised when told this fixed week TS was only going to take 30 days. I guess I need to get more clarification...

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is the portion of the sellers email that I am wondering about: " If you were to take over, you would call our office to pay the $100.00 purchase price via credit card and we would start the bluegreen transfer. Due to the fact that this property is a membership, it is much easier and quicker compared to dealing with a deeded property. The property would then be in your name in roughly a month"

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What specific property are you talking about? There may be a few RTU fixed Bluegreen weeks that are not deeded but I think those are ones not in the US. Points are the ones that are a membership with a beneficial interest in the trust but the transfer fee is higher and I have heard that doing it on the resale market they take their time and it can take 3-6 months. I know that the non point bluegreen weeks at Shore Crest and at Hershey are deeded weeks.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry, what do you mean RTU? Unit is in New Orleans..

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RTU means right to use.
LA does have some odd deeding laws, so it may be non deeded. Is it club la pension? I believe they float with the exception of a few fixed event weeks including Mardi Gras.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yes la pensione.. Just wondering, I will check tomorrow.. Thanks!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Checked with Bluegreen, all of their TS's are deeded. They know nothing about a "membership" only TS that requires no closing, just a $100 transfer fee...

lcoleman

Reaction score
Giving away my mother's Bluegreen fixed week at Shore Crest I in North Myrtle Beach, SC. Week 35, unit 1407, Sunday check-in (week typically late August - early Sept). In 2017, week 35 is 8/27 - 9/3 and in 2018, it is 9/2 - 9/9. This is an Oceanfront 2 bedroom/2 bath unit, sleeps 6. She has had this since 1999 and can no longer travel. Fees are up to date and were $729.83 ($526.13 mf, $38.35 RE tax, $160.37 reserves and $5.00 voluntary ARDA) for 2016. 2017 fees are billed in mid-November. We will pay all transfer fees and closing costs for the new owner.

Do not convert to points if you get back to shore Crest with points all toy hear is about night mate and lies
Just leaving there we have owned from time building was going up
Love this building great area. Our kids are in 3rd generation growing up together. It makes us sad that some have converted the pint userers di not have sense of ownership 75% of building arw fixed we do rent it if we can not use it. They gave over sold beach front property. It's in high demand

lcoleman

Reaction score
If this wasnt Sunday I would take this we are Friday to Friday week 34