• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchase resale from Owners Association

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
Between this and waiting for the new Ipad announcements it has been a very unproductive morning.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
The prices they post better be worth my time sitting here wasting my time hitting refresh.

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are any of us surprised that SVO would have technical troubles?:)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Maybe they should have put listing up prior to accepting requests?

Mauiwmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got this :

We do apologize for the technical difficulties in activating this Kierland resale offer on MyStarCentral. Since the starting time was supposed to be 12 noon eastern time today, we are going to reschedule the offer. Please look for emails letting all owners know the reschedule time.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got this :

We do apologize for the technical difficulties in activating this Kierland resale offer on MyStarCentral. Since the starting time was supposed to be 12 noon eastern time today, we are going to reschedule the offer. Please look for emails letting all owners know the reschedule time.

Still waiting for my first email about the outage.....and I did inquire a few days ago.

saluki

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is too funny. Where's Nodge when you need him?!?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Like a preview?

That makes too much sense.

No sh*t - it would have been easier to pre-list them - and then make them available for purchase at a stated date-time. There is no advantage to doing otherwise - and the disadvantage is just like what happened…

clowns apparently are running the circus...

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I haven't received any of the earlier emails but did just receive this one.

Scottsdale Sonoran Villas Vacation Owners Association
October 16, 2014

Dear Westin Kierland Villas Owner,

Due to a technical issue, the website for the Vacation Ownership Interest resale opportunity is currently down. As a result, the limited term resale offer will be postponed to a later date. You will be notified by email of the new purchase dates.

Sent from my iPad

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
No sh*t - it would have been easier to pre-list them - and then make them available for purchase at a stated date-time. There is no advantage to doing otherwise - and the disadvantage is just like what happened…

clowns apparently are running the circus...

No clowns, just all those who worked for Facebook IPO now work for SVO haha

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
They must have broke it good.....

You would think the fix would only take a day or two.
Maybe the "fix" was that they sold the weeks to Starwood! I was just recently offered (and purchased) a WKV Plat Plus lockoff from Direct Sales to requal one of my resale weeks. :ponder:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
What did SVO Sales put as the purchase price for 148.1K SOs WKV?

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Maybe the "fix" was that they sold the weeks to Starwood! I was just recently offered (and purchased) a WKV Plat Plus lockoff from Direct Sales to requal one of my resale weeks. :ponder:

Still nothing is listed in MSC. Also, how did you get a hold of 148,100 Plat at WKV? I have been in touch with sales and they keep telling me nothing available. Literally, "NOTHING is available." Maybe they don't want to waste their time with me?? :rofl: I am sure they are referring to different inventory than HOA owned weeks. Not looking to make a developer purchase either but I would like to see what's available through the HOA owned weeks.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Also, how did you get a hold of 148,100 Plat at WKV? I have been in touch with sales and they keep telling me nothing available. Literally, "NOTHING is available." Maybe they don't want to waste their time with me?? :rofl:

I had been discussing my requal path with Direct Sales and the deal they offered me was rejected by the inventory department. (Basically they were unwilling to sell 2 even EOY deeds for the same price as an annual -- it had to be an even and an odd). I didn't like any of their proposed alternatives, so I didn't end up purchasing anything. A few weeks later my salesperson e-mailed saying they had just gotten a WKV Plat Plus and I jumped on it. I would think that when they get these, they sell within a couple of hours, so you'd need a salesperson to alert you rather than relying on calling in to check inventory.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lets not have everybody calling into SVN sales and asking to get on a wait list which would cause the association to sell them to SVN at a low price and get marked up significantly

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
It is SVO Sales.
These are VOIs from WKV HOA that are being sold - not from SVO Sales. There are a couple ways SVO Sales can get these - very profitable for them.

Watch out for speculation stated like facts.

As an owner I am concerned about non-paying Owners as the HOA (us...) picks up the MFs resulting in an increase in MFs. So... I don't care who buys them.
It is the non-Plat weeks getting sold that the owners should pay attention to. I would be happy if anyone picked these up.

As WKV is a M resort - not sure why would buy at premium via the HOA (w/o benefit), or SVO Sales (which comes with a higher Elite status and is a personal choice on value - which comes at a premium)

My WKV Plat+ resales have almost paid for themselves (w/o fuzzy math. meaning... strictly by rental)

WSJ-VGV was the 1st to do this (because of Bob and Phil thinking outside the box), and have already had 2 successful HOA sales.

Last edited:

Westnick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resale units went on sale today to previous owners. Prices look very reasonable.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
For what resort? I don't see anything for WKV...

MarkAndLeah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas
Resale Inventory List for WKV

This is what I am seeing.

Attachments

• RESALE_INVENTORY_LIST-20-76.pdf
    223.3 KB · Views: 143

okwiater

TUG Member