• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

? Atlantis Haborside Waterpark

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
How's the weather for Christmas/New Year at Atlantis Haborside? Do timeshare have the privilege to use the water park? Is there people swimming in the beach?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Harborside guests get complimentary Atlantis armbands for each member of your party, for every day of your stay.

RALnGA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got back 2 weeks ago...
We have been in May and Oct...Always around 85 daytime..70 at night...the thing to watch is the humidity...but we have found after a day or so you get used to it ....
Just like DeniseM said you get armbands for the Atlantis waterpark as to the number of guest you have up to the number of people your UNIT SLEEPS... they will put them on for you...Now when you get an armband you don't have to get another one all week as long as you keep it on 24/7...If you choose you can get another one everyday.....
The ocean water was great, plenty of people swimming at the Cove Beach...we snorkeled in the Lagoon a couple of times...But for the most part we swam in the pools and rode the rapids...
If the weather forecast calls for rain then expect it to rain for no more than 5 minutes then thats it ..if it does rain...

RAL

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited:

Rene McDaniel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Several years ago we went to the Atlantis for the week between Christmas and New Years. I would never do that again. The weather was coolish, and the way the Atlantis towers are situated, you could only use the pool up until about 2:00pm. Even so, only our kids were in the pool most days. We enjoyed the lazy river a couple of times. But most of the time the water was just too cold if you were in the shade.

After about 2pm or so, the pools were shaded by the buildings and it was just was too windy and cold to enjoy. The beach was also windy and cold, and no one was on the beach the entire week we were there. After that experience, I would never plan a trip to the Atlantis in late December or even January.

We have also tried Orlando for that same week (cold & rainy), and Marco Island/Sanibel (cold & rainy), so I am convinced, that you need to travel further south than Florida and the Bahamas if you are seeking warm weather over Christmas break. At least, that was our experience, I can't speak for others.

--- Rene

newportbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
We somethings go over New Years, and I notice a little more wind and coolness as compared to Feb/Mar.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
We're planning on going next Thanksgiving. How is the weather in late November at Atlantis? We went to Singer Island in Florida for Thanksgiving a couple years ago and it was high 70's but really windy.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
We're planning on going next Thanksgiving. How is the weather in late November at Atlantis? We went to Singer Island in Florida for Thanksgiving a couple years ago and it was high 70's but really windy.
We'll be there this Thanksgiving, so I'll be able to let you know in a few weeks!

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went Thanksgiving 2012 and the weather was beautiful- low 80s And the ocean water was a comfortable temp. They also have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with turkey and trimmings and a carnival for the kids. My DD won't swim in cold water so I plan to avoid Dec-April to be on the safe side. We're going back for 4th of July.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Where is the Thanksgiving celebration held? I assume reservations are needed well in advance?

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
We wanted something casual since my daughter was 5. We decided on the Marketplace and got in line about a half hour before they opened for dinner.. Everyone had the same idea and the line was really long but they seated everyone quickly. Not sure if they take reservations now or not. I saw that some of the fine dining restaurants were also offering turkey dinners.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So it was Harborside that had the dinner? Is the Marketplace that little store off the lobby? Thanks. This sounds great. I was trying to figure out how to do a turkey without an oven!

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So it was Harborside that had the dinner? Is the Marketplace that little store off the lobby? Thanks. This sounds great. I was trying to figure out how to do a turkey without an oven!

Excuse me! I get it! The Marketplace is a restaurant at Atlantis. I'm also a Marriott owner and the Marketplace in Marriott resorts is the convenience store. Thanks for all the info. I couldn't imagine having Thanksgiving in the convenience store at Harborside. Duh:wall:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I couldn't imagine having Thanksgiving in the convenience store at Harborside.

We've done Christmas dinner at the San Francisco airport. Twice... :(

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
How is the weather in February. I am going the first week. Is it warm enough to swim in the pools at Atlantis?

I was there at the end of January and it was very pleasant the entire time. The pool water was cold, but not icy. We had no problems using any parts of the water park, and I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to cold water.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wish all the pools were heated. I'm a wuss too. I understand Harborside's pool is heated . Is that correct?

komosatp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish all the pools were heated. I'm a wuss too. I understand Harborside's pool is heated . Is that correct?
I think all the pools at Atlantis and Harborside *can be* heated, but which pools are hated on which days is another matter.

I remember one year, in early march or February, the Lazy River and River pool between the Beach and Coral towers was heated to very warm bath levels, while the rest of the property had brisk pools.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
We always go first week in January and although evenings can be cool it is fine as long as sun is out--good thing is that pools are heated--although I find the one at Harborside never is--ggrrr....not sure why. It is crowded over Christmas/new Years--we are going again this year but will likely rent our week 52 next year--illness making it hard to predict travel that far in advance. Good news is that we get top dollar for that week!

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the info. That's the great thing about owning holiday weeks. You can usually rent them for a lot more than maintenance fees and use the money to do something else.