• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Atlantis Harborside

Fletcher921

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
I traded part of my Westin Mission Hills property for a stay in a one bedroom at Atlantis Harbourside. Going with my 28 year old daughter for some much needed girl time. I traded through II and our confirmation reads room number 3785. Will that have any effect on our room placement or is just for show? Should I make a request for a particular location? I hate facing directly at another building or just a wall. That sort of claustrophobic feeling.

And - any suggestions for activities or excursions? I have only been in the area once - stayed at Sandals Royal Bahamian years ago and more recently did a catamaran charter in the area. We were not too impressed with what we did see of the area - just seemed kind of blah, nothing like lower in the Caribbean. I've been told the Atlantis is the main attraction here. Is there enough there to busy ourselves for the whole week?

Thanks so much.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Just to be sure you know, you will be staying at Harborside at Atlantis, which is the timeshare and not the hotel, "Atlantis."

The number on your II confirmation is just for reservation purposes - the front desk will assign the actual unit at check-in.

In general, Starwood does not accept requests from II traders, until check-in, but it doesn't hurt to ask. You will have to contact the front desk - not Starwood or II. Even from owners, they will only accept a request for a building, and a high or low floor - nothing more specific. At this resort, each building has specific check-in days.

Phone 242 363 6800 - Fax 242 363 6810

Map w/check-in days: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=510917&postcount=8

For lots of info., use the search function, and search for "Harborside."

Atlantis_map.jpg

Last edited:

Cay0908

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an upcoming reservation at Harborside and I am checking in on Sunday but wanted to know if it was possible to request a room in building 5 or 6 which is not designated for Sunday check in. I have never been there but a lot of the reviews I have read say to request one of those buildings. I would prefer to have a pool view in an updated room, I am reserved for a 1 bedroom premium. If so what number do I call to make the request (i reserved it as an exchange using star options). If anyone has any suggestions on building choices that would be great. Also, I have read reviews/tips that say to ask to look at the room before you agree to it, is this a good idea and will they event let you do that? I will be getting there at least 3 hrs before check in time. Thanks!

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The way the housekeeping works if you are staying a full week they only check you into the buildings that correspond to your check in day. I would not expect that they could change the building. With staroptions they may take requests through reservations although they are never guaranteed and they fulfill them if possible according to when the request was received. You can always ask at check in and see though.

Last edited:

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Very doubtful you will be put in a building other than your arrival day==they do housekeeping etc. based on arrival days so I wouldn't count on it.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Harborside is not known for view units. Don't set your expectations too high or you will be disappointed. They also aren't known for being flexible on changing which building you get, since as explained it's based on checkin day, etc.

Sent from my iPad

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought they moved us when the pile driving at the bridge got to loud

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Thought they moved us when the pile driving at the bridge got to loud

Exceptions are always possible, but would you really set your expectations to have a specific building not on the checkin list for your arrival day? Let's be reasonable.

Sent from my iPad

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I have an upcoming reservation at Harborside and I am checking in on Sunday but wanted to know if it was possible to request a room in building 5 or 6 which is not designated for Sunday check in. I have never been there but a lot of the reviews I have read say to request one of those buildings. I would prefer to have a pool view in an updated room, I am reserved for a 1 bedroom premium. If so what number do I call to make the request (i reserved it as an exchange using star options). If anyone has any suggestions on building choices that would be great. Also, I have read reviews/tips that say to ask to look at the room before you agree to it, is this a good idea and will they event let you do that? I will be getting there at least 3 hrs before check in time. Thanks!

You will be in building 1 or 4. I stayed in 6 once, and it was horrible. It is the farthest from the lobby, so the longest walk, which is a pain when you are carrying something or it is raining. Plus 6 is right by the marina (the ferry dock under the bridge, not the Atlantis marina) and it is noisy there.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The standard check-in days are Fri., Sat., and Sun., so I don't think Monday has a set building - it would depend on availability.

If you have a Staroption reservation, you can call reservations, and request a building and a high or low floor.

Fletcher921

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Westgate Park City, UT
We ended up on the ground floor of building 2 in the smaller one bedroom. Balcony (patio) and bedroom window are both right on a walkway for people going from pool to the marina. We have nothing to compare to as this is our first time at the resort.

We asked our taxi driver for a good beach tip. She said we want to go over to the beach the the Ocean Club... It's is on Paradise Island as well but not in "Atlantis". Do any of the shuttles or busses available go off property to that spot?

Sent from my iPad in Babsland using Tapatalk

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Are the pools heated now? Thank you. We're going next Thanksgiving.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Pool at harborside was heated last week while we were there--no pool towels one afternoon and also next day no towels till noon.
Also internet didn't work at harborside pool--which it always did before.
When I complained at front desk they said it didn't--even though the folder given at check in says it works at all pools. Complained again at check out and was told must be a technology issue--for $165 a week it shouLd work there.
Water off at all villas one full day--really over New Years? Also effective January 1 VAT charged on all food at Atlantis. Didn't take money out at ATM but driver told is it is charged on that also and then again when you spend it--so basically taxed twice--not sure if thats only on locals.

Last edited:

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
That's just lovely. Do you know what was causing the water problems?

SunandFun83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Canyon Villas, Grande Vista, Ocean Pointe
Hyatt: Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Pinion Point
What Fees At Harborside

I am reading this thread and wanted to ask what fees apply to a week made with Star Options.

Was that a WIFI fee listed?

Is there a Resort Fee, usually waived for owners.

Thanks

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I traded part of my Westin Mission Hills property for a stay in a one bedroom at Atlantis Harbourside. Going with my 28 year old daughter for some much needed girl time. I traded through II and our confirmation reads room number 3785. Will that have any effect on our room placement or is just for show? Should I make a request for a particular location? I hate facing directly at another building or just a wall. That sort of claustrophobic feeling.

And - any suggestions for activities or excursions? I have only been in the area once - stayed at Sandals Royal Bahamian years ago and more recently did a catamaran charter in the area. We were not too impressed with what we did see of the area - just seemed kind of blah, nothing like lower in the Caribbean. I've been told the Atlantis is the main attraction here. Is there enough there to busy ourselves for the whole week?

Thanks so much.
I have stayed at Harborside 6 times thru II exchanges and 5 out of 6 stays had the unit number on the confirmation.
What room did you end up in?

Fletcher921

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Westgate Park City, UT
We were in 1240 I think Building next to pool, ground floor, oddly shaped with a balcony (patio) right on the walkway in between the pooland marina village. Could actually sort of see the sunset. Nice room.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
We were in 1240 I think Building next to pool, ground floor, oddly shaped with a balcony (patio) right on the walkway in between the pooland marina village. Could actually sort of see the sunset. Nice room.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Glad it was nice....:wave:

vaterp37

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year I brought a router for my villa to broadcast wifi from the hardwire ethernet connection. Is this still the most prudent option for internet at Harborside? Thanks

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did you authorize that with the rukus / room authentication?

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
I used a D-Link AC750 portable router which allowed me to connect to Harborside Wi-Fi and create a separate private wireless network that doesn't prompt for Atlantis room #. Speeds were fine. At stateside resorts, you can use this setup to connect an Amazon Fire stick (or Chromecast or Roku) to stream television and movies.

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
WiFi

If you found an open wifi connection, you would be able to use the router to create a "mini hotspot" for your use.

If you found this open wifi connection in your room, most likely you found the wifi signal your neighbor had paid for, you just used one of the four logins that are allowed when wifi is purchased at Harborside.