• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"Get Peace of Mind: Pay your 2015 Annual Bill Early"

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Seriously? :rofl:

Dear DeniseM,

With 2015 right around the corner, we know you’re looking forward to your next Starwood Vacation NetworkSM getaway.

By now you should have received your 2015 annual assessment online or in the mail. If you have already paid, we thank you. And did you know that you can also make payments for future annual billings in advance of the January due date?

Once your 2015 fees are current, you have the option of making payments in advance for subsequent maintenance fees.

Make your payments simply by using one of these options:

1) Pay at mystarcentral.com using a one-time ACH or Credit Card payment.
2) Pay through your online banking. Instructions can be found on your billing statement.
3) Pay by credit card using our automated system by calling 800 729 8246.
Select option 9 after your language selection.

We hope you get peace of mind with these easy and convenient pre-paid options.

Sincerely,

SVO Management, Inc.

So... No discount, no drawing, no prizes, just "peace of mind." That's all ya' got? :D

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had to chuckle at the wording, too, Denise. It's quite thoughtful of SVN to offer us peace of mind by encouraging us to pay our 2015 MF's early, so we can start paying on our 2016 MF's now???? :shrug:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yeah, I always get great "peace of mind," when I shell out thousands of dollars that aren't due for 2 more mos.! :rolleyes:

It's really dumb that they don't offer a little incentive, like a drawing for some Starpoints, or a weeks vacation. I think they would get a FAR better response.

Last edited:

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Yes, Denise, just one more example of Starwood's continued effort to provide outstanding customer service. They declined to mention that--in paying one's MF's early--the only peace of mind would be theirs.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
How many years in advance would they like us to pay? Maybe they should let us lock in maintenance fees at 2015 levels if we pay years in advance. There might be some people who would go for that - not many though.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I'm starting to forget things, so I really do get peace of mind by paying bills as soon as they come in. My 2015 MF's are already paid in full. I used to wait until the last minute, but that's when you could get 3% instead of 0.3% on a savings account.

jabak5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN OF (Maui) 2bd (even year)
WLR (Cancun) 2bd (odd year)
WKR (Scottsdale) 1bd Premium X 2 (both even)
Westin Flex annual
And that’s it, no more. Definitely done!
If all you can do is complain, then get rid of your Starwood timeshare. As an owner I am thankful that they are encouraging payment of Maintenace fees early or when due. It benefits all owners.
If all you can do it complain about Starwood,.....get rid of yours ownership. It was Your Decision to purchase it in the first place.

I for one will be getting rid of my TUGBBS membership if I continue to see only people's complaints. I am extremely happy with my ownership and the way things are handled even when I have had to escalate a couple of issue.

I believe I made the right choice with SVO. If I wasn't happy with it I would leave it which is what I suggest some of you might consider. It would certainly save you some aggravation!

I always thought this site was suppose to be for sharing helpful, useful information not as a b....site!

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I always thought this site was suppose to be for sharing helpful, useful information not as a b....site!

TUG is a place for timeshare owners to communicate with each other. Very little is verboten, but if you're unclear about what is, the Posting Rules are helpfully linked above. Rule #6 alone should have clued you in that this place isn't all warm puppies and fuzzy kittens.

Glad you're enjoying your ownership. Hope you'll stick around to actually share helpful, useful information.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I for one will be getting rid of my TUGBBS membership if I continue to see only people's complaints. I am extremely happy with my ownership and the way things are handled even when I have had to escalate a couple of issue.

……..

TUG POSTING RULES:

6. Be Courteous

As we read and respond to others, disagreements are inevitable. Differing points of view are welcomed, and indeed the bbs would be a dull place without them. All users are expected and required to express their disagreements civilly. Refrain from name calling and behavior lectures. Personal attacks will not be tolerated and repeated offenses could get you banned from the bbs. Lively discussion is what the board is all about, but that is no excuse for boorish behavior or bad manners. We are assumed to all be adults. If you don't like a particular thread, stop reading it!

This site is for whatever topic people want to talk about, as long as it doesn't violate the forum rules.

If you don't like what you are reading - it's simple - don't read it…. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rsauer3473

TUG Member
Reaction score
We always call in Early January and let them know that the MFs will be paid at the end of the month. There is no penalty if dues are paid before January 31.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We always call in Early January and let them know that the MFs will be paid at the end of the month. There is no penalty if dues are paid before January 31.

I think this varies from resort to resort, because they all have different due dates.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I actually pre-pay my MFs ahead of time already. I usually pay ~4-5 times a year (when the mood strikes), because the last thing I want in December is another bill....Christmas gifts, property tax bills, entertaining, and charitable donations already make January an eye-popping event when the old credit card statement arrives.

I suppose it's the most fiscally prudent thing to do, but with rates on savings accounts near 0%, it's not like I'm missing out on a lot of interest on that $1500.

I suppose you could call that "peace of mind" though I do have to chuckle at how they try to spin things.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually pre-pay my MFs ahead of time already. I usually pay ~4-5 times a year (when the mood strikes), because the last thing I want in December is another bill....Christmas gifts, property tax bills, entertaining, and charitable donations already make January an eye-popping event when the old credit card statement arrives.

I suppose it's the most fiscally prudent thing to do, but with rates on savings accounts near 0%, it's not like I'm missing out on a lot of interest on that $1500.

I suppose you could call that "peace of mind" though I do have to chuckle at how they try to spin things.

We pre-pay our MF in Oct. or Nov. for the same reason. I guess we're giving them "Piece of Mine"! LOL

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gets put on the Jan 1 Starwood AMEX to start off the 30k remain gold spend.

Bob808

TUG Member
Reaction score
If all you can do is complain, then get rid of your Starwood timeshare. As an owner I am thankful that they are encouraging payment of Maintenace fees early or when due. It benefits all owners.
If all you can do it complain about Starwood,.....get rid of yours ownership. It was Your Decision to purchase it in the first place.

I believe I made the right choice with SVO. If I wasn't happy with it I would leave it which is what I suggest some of you might consider. It would certainly save you some aggravation!

I understand your sentiments. These forums are so often about resale acquisition below developer with heavy overlay of anger vs. Starwood.

RALnGA

TUG Member
Reaction score
Incentives..

Yeah, I always get great "peace of mind," when I shell out thousands of dollars that aren't due for 2 more mos.! :rolleyes:

It's really dumb that they don't offer a little incentive, like a drawing for some Starpoints, or a weeks vacation. I think they would get a FAR better response.

DeniseM,
Didn't they offer something a few years ago for paying by a certain date. I can't remember what it was...points maybe or even a drawing ?
If they were to offer something...just a little something my MF would of already been PAID ... I love getting things for "free".
But as of now they will be getting "PAID" on the due date.

RAL

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
To compare, a resort I own offered a blue or white week for $200 if I paid for my week early,

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I paid via mystarcentral and realized I forgot to deduct the $5 optional fee. I know it's a small amount but pissed that they include it in the shown total rather than having people tack it on to the total if they want to pay it. Kinda like they are tricking people to paying the optional fee. Not sure if it's worth the hassle of trying to get the $5 credited.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
We are giving grief to SVO for this 'peace of mind - pay your MFs' campaign - and rightly so.
Previously, there was a potential to get SPs (lottery) by paying early (good idea) - what is the point of current campaign other than do something that as an Owner you are all ready required to do (w/o penalty)??? and that is to pay your MFs...
waste of time and money (which we pay for...)

This site is far from warm/fuzzy - and that is a good thing as it contains way more info than one will get (if they are smart enough to navigate here) than anywhere. Based on what we are up against as owners - countering lies and misinformation from the TS industry - it is exactly what is needed - honesty and diversity of opinion.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DeniseM,
Didn't they offer something a few years ago for paying by a certain date. I can't remember what it was...points maybe or even a drawing ?
If they were to offer something...just a little something my MF would of already been PAID ... I love getting things for "free".
But as of now they will be getting "PAID" on the due date.

RAL

One of the emails I saved was for 2009 where I was inquiring where my 50% off certificates (for hotel rooms) that were offered for early payment of MFs. So, yes, at one time they did offer something.

Last edited: