• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sample notice of Rescission?

GuyD770

Reaction score
First off, thank any of you who take time to respond. I just joined the board, and it seems very insightful.

I wish to cancel my timeshare agreement that my wife and I signed two days ago. I wish to mail a simple, yet effective, notice to cancel. It is with Fairfield Resorts, if it makes any difference.

Can anyone give me a sample, or template of which to go by? I do know to send it certified of registered mail, which my contract allows.

Once again, thank you with your prompt help in this matter!

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
"Pursuant to paragraph ___ of my purchase agreement, I hereby rescind that agreement. Please cancel my purchase and refund all money paid by me in connection with that purchase.

Very Truly Yours,
GuyD770"

Also, read your contract and put in anything else required by the contract.

Last edited:

GuyD770

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Thaks for your reply! This is what I sent, along with the undersigned signatures of my wife and I. Is this sufficient?
We are hereby canceling, or rescinding, our purchase and sale agreement, Contract No: xxxx-xxxxxx, signed June xx, 2005, between us and XXX. We are doing so, in the 10 calendar day period that the agreement was signed.

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
GuyD770 said:
Thaks for your reply! This is what I sent, along with the undersigned signatures of my wife and I. Is this sufficient?

It depends on the language of your contract. If your contract doesn't require anything else, and you are within the cancellation period and sent it in the manner required under the contract, then it should be sufficient.

TravelSFO

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to mention the obvious (since it may not be so obvious to all). Make sure you send the recission notice via certified mail. You need to be able to prove (get a copy) that you actually mailed the notice if the resort does not receive it or claims to not have received it.

Llexlon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Letter of Rescission

If you do a search online with Google, Yahoo, etc. you can find a copy of the letter used in (I think :confused: ) Hawaii. I just copied their form into a word document and edited their form to my liking and sent it certified mail to the proper address listed in the contract. Good luck and congrats on finding this board in time.

Hoc

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
TravelSFO said:
I wanted to mention the obvious (since it may not be so obvious to all). Make sure you send the recission notice via certified mail.

Sending certified mail is well and good, and should be done on top of any other way of communicating it. But if the contract provides that the notice must be sent via First Class Mail, postage paid, or fax, or some other way, and you only send via certified mail, then your notice of rescission is invalid. So, make sure you read your contract and comply with its terms.

GuyD770

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Thanks for the replies! Here is what is written on the contract:

You may cancel this Agreement without any penalty or obligation within 10 days after the date you sign this Agreement or the date on which you receive the last of all documents required to be given to you persuant to section 721.07(6), Florida Statutes, whichever is later.
If you decide to cancel this Agreement, You must notify Us in writing of your intent to cancel. Your notice of cancellation shall be effective upon the date sent and shall be sent to (Address)....

"Notify" shall mean that a written notice of cancellation is delivered, by any means which may include certified mail return receipt requested, to (Company). Any notice of cancellation shall be considered given on the date postmarked if mailed.

Last edited:

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hoc, If both husband and wife signed the purchase agreement, do both need to sign the notice of rescission for the notice to be effective? (Language re right same as that quoted above - Florida law.) I think the answer is yes, erring on the side of caution, but I thought I'd check to see if you know otherwise.