• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sell/transfer my timeshare [Club Regina Raintree Vacation Club]

STLITGuy

Reaction score
I have a timeshare that I no longer want and I'm trying to figure out what might work best in my situation. The timeshare is with Raintree Vacation Club. We purchased it at Club Regina Cancun. It's an even year Gold Membership which gives you 50k points every other year until 2046. We use it to get a 1 bedroom at Club Regina but have access to other resorts in Mexico and the US. My mom purchased the timeshare in the 90s and put my name on it as well. As she has gotten older it's too hard for her to travel and as my family has grown it is not really economical for me. I don't even know if the timeshare really has any value or not. Does anyone have advice on how best to proceed?

Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

STLITGuy

Reaction score
Thanks. I thought as much but wanted to know for sure. Do you think I can at least get away without having to pay to get rid of it or will I most likely be out the transfer costs?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks. I thought as much but wanted to know for sure. Do you think I can at least get away without having to pay to get rid of it or will I most likely be out the transfer costs?

Since the market is glutted with cheap and free timeshares in Mexico, it would be in your best interest to pay all transfer fees to sweeten the pot. However, since this is a RTU timeshare in Mexico, you probably won't use a title company, but there may be resort transfer fees.

Hopefully, someone who knows will chime in.