• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Would you buy from this seller

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

california-bighorn

TUG Member
Reaction score
With over 99% positive feedback and what looks like will be a low final cost, I'd think it is more than reasonably safe. It was something I wanted, I'd bid on it.

Recently, I've had to exhibit great self control with all the great buys on ebay.

PA-

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you notice that fees are $565 every year, but usage is on even years only?

roadtriper

TUG Member
Reaction score
This seller wants full payment after the auction closes without a contract, then says the buyer will be contacted by a closing company 1o-14 days later. I asked about the terms that were listed in another auction and the seller never responded. Would you buy with those terms?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...2348&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Watching

if I could establish communication with the seller I probably would. on a low buck sale the terms don't bother me as much as an unanswered question/email would. the seller has good feedback and over 1000 transactions. if it was thousands of dollars I would want the security of escrow. but for a $900 deal sometimes a handshake deal is ok. but not without good communication, some due diligence on your part, and not without the understanding that you may be putting the $900 at risk. RT

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are several things in the details that are incorrect. One is the maintenance fees the other is the transfer fee. The transfer fee at KCP is $500 for an annual unit but $250 for a EOY unit. I also asked the seller about this but got no response.

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
His feedback looks good - although I did notice feedback was left before actual closing was complete (I would not do that). It does seem a bit strange that there is no contract, in my purchases (only 3) I've always had a contract & then the money went to the closing company. I would have said yes I would use him, but when he did not respond to your email - that would definately change my mind. No response to emails = NO :wall:

Marsha

This seller wants full payment after the auction closes without a contract, then says the buyer will be contacted by a closing company 1o-14 days later. I asked about the terms that were listed in another auction and the seller never responded. Would you buy with those terms?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...2348&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Watching

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
1. No contract upfront is a deal breaker.

2. Not sending contract and money directly to closing company handling escrow is a deal breaker.

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
The terms of this listing includes
If you back out of the deal, then you will owe us $150 paid by PAYPAL to release you from the auction. This covers us re-listing the item. If you do not pay that, then we will have no choice but to report it to EBay and file a non-paying bidder report and let them take administrative actions which could include suspension. There is no exception to this

What is this $150 Paypal release fee -- I've never heard of this?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is this $150 Paypal release fee -- I've never heard of this

Unless I'm mistaken, the seller is stating (albeit not well) that the alleged "release fee" is to be paid (to the seller) via PayPal.
I don't believe that that the release fee sought by the seller (to attempt to cover his relisting costs, if a bidder "backs out") otherwise has any other actual connection to PayPal whatsoever.

Whether or not any "release fee" is legitimate in the first place in a non-binding process, or (even if legitimate) would be appropriate at all in the event of incorrect listing information is, of course, another matter entirely...

Last edited by a moderator:

freewheelin01

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a fixed week from timesharebargains last month. The closing company is Timeshare Title, Inc. and they have a website - timesharetitle.com.
So far, the transaction and communication with both the seller and title company have been good. The title company calls you, gets the info for the transfer and then mails the contract paperwork for signature. The title company even gives you a log-in and password to see the status of the closing on the website. There were no errors on contract and status online was updated when the signed contract was recieved. I prefer this method of tracking the closing vs. calling the company and being bumped around to whoever's desk it is sitting on today...to date, this is the smoothest purchase I have made via Ebay.

djs

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you back out of the deal, then you will owe us $150 paid by PAYPAL to release you from the auction. This covers us re-listing the item. If you do not pay that, then we will have no choice but to report it to EBay and file a non-paying bidder report and let them take administrative actions which could include suspension. There is no exception to this

Since bidding on a timeshare does not create an obligation to buy, what exactly would the seller be releasing one from? What would the ramifications be from a seller filing a "non-paying bidder report" on an item where there is no obligation to purchase? Could a seller even file such a report in the case that the winning bidder backed out?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
George, I would buy from Timesharebargains and already have. John Wells is great, and I have found him to be more responsive than any eBay seller I have used. I had a smooth closing on a North Carolina week I closed through them, which John Wells collected the 2008 maintenance fee from me. But when it didn't close in time for our use, he happily refunded that maintenance fee. I didn't have to argue or make my case at all; I just asked for it, and it was done.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
djs: My take is that language is nothing more than a bluff. They use it to discourage looky-lous, because their model is to just churn through the stuff they acquire via PCC fronts.

They can say anything they want to in the auction text. It's still non-binding.

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
1. No contract upfront is a deal breaker.

2. Not sending contract and money directly to closing company handling escrow is a deal breaker.

Agreed. Regardless of the rating, there is absolutely no reasonable explanation as to why a seller would think it is fair to get money upfront before having a deal in writing. The only thing that I can think of is that there have been offers and the buyers have walked; therefore, the seller is concerned with this happening again.

If they want to sell it, they need to understand that a contract is important and as the buyer in this situation, you have no leverage without a contract.

Yes, the price is low, but there could be some serious headaches.

Bill4728

Reaction score
The seller should be saying that they will email you a contract as soon as you win and that then they expect you to send them back the signed contrat and payments.

That is reasonable.

No contract, no payment!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The seller should be saying that they will email you a contract as soon as you win and that then they expect you to send them back the signed contrat and payments.

That is reasonable.

No contract, no payment!

His title company does send a contract, and your money goes into escrow. I don't see a problem with it, and I found John Wells very easy to deal with.

Now I wish I could say the same for Shaun Fletcher, whose name should be Cheater.

Last edited:

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
His title company does send a contract, and your money goes into escrow. I don't see a problem with it, and I found John Wells very easy to deal with.

Now I wish I could say the same for Shaun Fletcher, whose name should be Cheater.

Cindy, the auction is asking for full payment BEFORE any contract is sent. It says the buyer will receive a call from the closing company 10-14 days LATER.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
George, they mailed me the contract, and don't even ask why they did that. I think I got it in 3 days. Ask John to please allow you to sign the contract ahead of time. He is a very reasonable guy.

Garnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa 2,31 MNCV 52, MSR 52, MDSV2, FSA
Not the first time I've seen send money first-contract later. In fact I bought on those terms-the ts is in escrow right now. (So yes-contacted by closing co a couple days later.) The seller has high feedback rating with LOTS of previous feedback as a seller. Also, so much cookies cutting and pasting on ads-small errors pretty common, too.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
djs: My take is that language is nothing more than a bluff. They use it to discourage looky-lous, because their model is to just churn through the stuff they acquire via PCC fronts.

They can say anything they want to in the auction text. It's still non-binding.

I agree. The statement is just there as a vetting process to weed out the uninformed who are not serious. However the E-Bay rules are on your side and they would never be able to enforce their silly statements.

gmarine

TUG Member
Reaction score
George, they mailed me the contract, and don't even ask why they did that. I think I got it in 3 days. Ask John to please allow you to sign the contract ahead of time. He is a very reasonable guy.

Thanks for the info Cindy. With the misinformation and wording of his auctions I'm gonna pass. Not to mention I have sent emails and not gotten responses to my questions.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the info Cindy. With the misinformation and wording of his auctions I'm gonna pass. Not to mention I have sent emails and not gotten responses to my questions.

Sometimes misinformation is a good thing. But, I certainly understand why you don't want to buy, if you cannot have a contract ahead of time.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Closing

I bought one last week, I couldn't pass it up. I looked at the feedback and thought that he would risk bad feedback for $486 :whoopie: