• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham La Cascada - San Antonio - Is it Interval International

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just became owner of 500K points at this resort (resale). Trying to rescue the remaining 264K points for 2008. Wyndham is telling me that I can make two deposits (1 for a 2 Bedroom, and another for 1 bedroom into the interval international account that Wyndham will set up for me). When I check the resort directory for II, this resort is not listed at part of II. Wyndham is telling me that the deposits will have to be with II since it was chosen as the "exchange" company by the original purchaser.

Any thoughts

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
La Cascada is RCI not II. But that being said since your purchased resale, whatever the original owner who first purchased it had as their exchange company is what that ownership is forever tied to. So the owner of La Cascada must have owned somewhere else that was tied to II as their first purchase.

The certainly could not have owned long, as La Cascada has only been open for about a year.

Not sure if you could get Wyndham to switch. I would think they would be interested in that as Cendent owns both Wyndham and RCI.

zazz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own resale at La Cascada and definitely have RCI as the exchange company.

I wasn't aware that you are able to choose a different exchange company from the one with which the resort if affiliated, even if it was purchased from the developer.

mshatty

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham's Riverside Suites in San Antonio is an II exchange resort.

marsha77

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just became owner of 500K points at this resort (resale). Trying to rescue the remaining 264K points for 2008. Wyndham is telling me that I can make two deposits (1 for a 2 Bedroom, and another for 1 bedroom into the interval international account that Wyndham will set up for me). Any thoughts

================[[/U]

You can make more than 2 deposits with 264 points.

Studio 1 Bd 2 Bd 3 Bd +
Green 28000 63000 77000 154000
Yellow 42000 77000 126000 189000
Red 70000 105000 154000 254000

Marsha

Last edited:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Play with II first, if you don't like, you can always call back Wyndham. Who knows, maybe you will like II. But sounds like they may still think you are old owner, make sure you do have your own II account set.

You will want to join Wyndham forum http://forums.atozed.com.

Since I don't own II, so no idea what souldbe the best deposit, but I believe in II, unit size is more important than season, so Wyndham probably gives you the best suggestion, but you can go to Wyndham forum and ask around.

Jya-Ning

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
With II trades the size of the units matter except during flexchange periods. If you need a 1 br then make a 1 br deposit. The color of the deposit is not important as I have found on my trades.

Don