• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2012][merged] Westgate owner sues filmmaker over movie about him and wife

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw the movie at Sundance and it was fabulous to see the rise and fall of Mr. Segal.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Let them eat cake"
:eek:

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
In this article it's nice to see he declares himself a political kingmaker and was personally responsible for George W Bush's election. Talk about an ego! :rolleyes:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
David Siegel Timeshare King Building 90,000 Sq Ft House

Heard something on public radio this afternoon about a David Siegel, who made a fortune in the timeshare business at Westgate and is building a 90,000 sq. ft. house with 9 kitchens. Apparently there's a documentary about him and how he made his money and I wondered if anyone has seen it or knows when it will be broadcast.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A VERY big sea gull nest...

Heard something on public radio this afternoon about a David Siegel, who made a fortune in the timeshare business at Westgate and is building a 90,000 sq. ft. house with 9 kitchens. Apparently there's a documentary about him and how he made his money and I wondered if anyone has seen it or knows when it will be broadcast.

The "documentary" to which you refer is called "The Queen of Versailles". I don't know if it's been completed and released; I've not seen it (...and wouldn't care to). That being said, you can easily find a video clip floating all around on the Internet already (on YouTube, maybe? --- not sure where I quite accidentally encountered it), in which Mr. and Mrs. Sea Gull sit together and discuss their "palace", on which construction is supposedly re-commencing after a "layoff".

The video clip includes Mrs. Sea Gull (...a rather scary looking woman IMnsHO, yet allegedly a former "beauty queen") providing a tour of the interior of the "palace-under-construction". The video clip is (fortunately) just a few minutes long; I don't think I could have stomached much more than that anyhow. :rolleyes:

6scoops

TUG Member
Reaction score
They recently did a story about this on Night line.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
[ a 90,000 sq. ft. house with 9 kitchens. QUOTE]

Pretty smart. If things go South for him, he can convert it into 9 TS Weeks!

George[/QUOTE]

Love it! Sounds like a few people on here hope things will go South. :)

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The "documentary" to which you refer is called "The Queen of Versailles". I don't know if it's been completed and released; I've not seen it (...and wouldn't care to). That being said, you can easily find a video clip floating all around on the Internet already (on YouTube, maybe? --- not sure where I quite accidentally encountered it), in which Mr. and Mrs. Sea Gull sit together and discuss their "palace", on which construction is supposedly re-commencing after a "layoff".

The video clip includes Mrs. Sea Gull (...a rather scary looking woman IMnsHO, yet allegedly a former "beauty queen") providing a tour of the interior of the "palace-under-construction". The video clip is (fortunately) just a few minutes long; I don't think I could have stomached much more than that anyhow. :rolleyes:

Here's the trailer: http://www.magpictures.com/thequeenofversailles/

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm impressed that Carol can *find* the theaters in Coligny! I've tried on *three* (count 'em, 3) separate occasions, and never did find an entrance! We now go to the ones up near Port Royal Plantation. (I'll be sure to send a PM the next time we want to see at movie at Coligny, so I know where I'm going!)

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It didn't end up showing in Rochester, NY so thats one DVD I will be getting on November 13!

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm impressed that Carol can *find* the theaters in Coligny! I've tried on *three* (count 'em, 3) separate occasions, and never did find an entrance! We now go to the ones up near Port Royal Plantation. (I'll be sure to send a PM the next time we want to see at movie at Coligny, so I know where I'm going!)

The theatre is near the Earl of Sandwich and around the corner from that shop with the awesome designer candles. Also close-by is the Moo frozen yogurt shop. It's the side of the Coligny complex that's furthest from Piggy Wiggly, if that's a good landmark for ya.

Btw, the movie "Queen of Versailles" is excellent...and yes, I even felt sorry for Mr & Mrs Siegel by the end of it. But I felt more sorry for their Fillipino maids and nanny, their t/s employees (6K were laid off according to the movie)...and of course my heart goes out to anyone who bought a t/s at the Las Vegas development that went bust. IMO this film is a "must see" for anyone who's bought a t/s regardless of brand or location.

MFT

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple thoughts. First off, just the fact that the largest house in the US is being built by the largest privately owned TS company owner, speaks volumes about the fact that TS developers make to much money off the sale of their products!!! My second thought is, why didn't he build this as a commercial property (probably a zoning issue), and call it a B&B? As someone stated, with 9 kitchens, it could be converted to TS, or better yet, used as a tax write-off as commercial property.