• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Resales - Authorized Resellers

Dewnay

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the advantage of buying a HGVC timeshare through an authorized reseller versus directly from the owner or an unauthorized reseller?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Dewnay

T1me Trave11er

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC has a Right of First Refusal. Buying through the authorized agent has no bearing or increase in cost to the buyer. An authorized agent can help to advise you, through their experience, as to what prices will pass ROFR.

Al Weber

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seth, Judy and Joanne are the authorized HGVC resellers.
Seth and Joanne do all thier closing thru HGVC, not sure about Judy.
Seth takes credit card payments.

Buying from one of them give you a little more piece of mind for a newer buyer especially.

check classified ads on Tug .. look under multi resorts systems, also western and florida.

Good luck

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you buy from JOanne, your purchase is qualify for HGVC elite.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
myip said:
If you buy from JOanne, your purchase is qualify for HGVC elite.

This is true
However you will have to buy 14,000 points from Joanne at a cost of approx $30,000 to get eilite.. which has few benefits

myip

TUG Member
Reaction score
CaliDave said:
This is true
However you will have to buy 14,000 points from Joanne at a cost of approx $30,000 to get eilite.. which has few benefits
There is no need to spend $30,000 to get elite. Here is what I would - Buy Hilton Coylumbridge for $7000 from HGIVC (qualify for eliteand spend $13K with Joanne. She may be able to get it for you at $13K. When I brought from Joanne, it wasn't that much more expensive than from other deal. Maybe that changes it now.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
myip said:
There is no need to spend $30,000 to get elite. Here is what I would - Buy Hilton Coylumbridge for $7000 from HGIVC (qualify for eliteand spend $13K with Joanne. She may be able to get it for you at $13K. When I brought from Joanne, it wasn't that much more expensive than from other deal. Maybe that changes it now.

If Scotland thru HGIVC qualifies for elite, Why not buy (2) $7000 in Scotland?

Gibby1984

Reaction score
what are you paying for the yearly taxes? I had purchased in Florida but it was really expensive between maintenance and the florida taxes it was enought for me to see. Any less expensive in other locations or overseas?

myip

TUG Member
Reaction score
CaliDave said:
If Scotland thru HGIVC qualifies for elite, Why not buy (2) $7000 in Scotland?
You can't buy 2 in Scotland. One has to be HGVC to qualify for elite not HIGVC. The qualify HGVC is Miami, Las Vegas, Hawaii and Orlando.

myip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gibby1984 said:
what are you paying for the yearly taxes? I had purchased in Florida but it was really expensive between maintenance and the florida taxes it was enought for me to see. Any less expensive in other locations or overseas?
Maintenance at Hilton Coylumbridge is around $575.00 depending on the exchange rate.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
myip said:
You can't buy 2 in Scotland. One has to be HGVC to qualify for elite not HIGVC. The qualify HGVC is Miami, Las Vegas, Hawaii and Orlando.

Thanks for the info

ukowner

Reaction score
Does anyone have any contact details for Seth and Joanne?

I am wondering if they would be interested in purchasing my timeshare.

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Seth:

http://www.sellingtimeshares.net/

Joanne:

Joanne Peters at jpeters@hgvc.com Phone: 239-395-0220 (TUG Member, Broker/Agent)

Note: Both are realtors, and may offer to try to sell your unit for (of course) a commission.

Try looking up some public resale sites like www.redweek.com or www.myresortnetwork.com to see about how much your units (or unit backed points) might get.

Both agents above have very positive ref by posters noted on TUG. But I think you need to check lots of reasale pricing first...(on sites that are posted by folks who really want to sell, and not dream about what they 'wish' they could get). (Many fall over when they find they can't get more tha .018 cents to.03 cents per point for their FF resale unit.

Also, those agents above usually seem to have higher end resorts.....