• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort Travelers International

cmdmfr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received a call from these folks they are trying to rent out my timeshare and make it sound like they will have no trouble but want like $2,000.00 up front. They guarantee me this is no scam. First I do not believe them and second when I ask them what happens if they cant rent it out and I get the answer we always rent everything when I asked for them to take the money out of the rental fee they give me the answer that they need money to operate on. so with that said I have no trust in the business. I would like to know if anyone had any dealing with this company.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
No regular on TUG would pay an upfront fee company $2,000 to rent their timeshare - this screams SCAM...

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received a call from these folks they are trying to rent out my timeshare and make it sound like they will have no trouble but want like $2,000.00 up front. They guarantee me this is no scam. First I do not believe them and second when I ask them what happens if they cant rent it out and I get the answer we always rent everything when I asked for them to take the money out of the rental fee they give me the answer that they need money to operate on. so with that said I have no trust in the business. I would like to know if anyone had any dealing with this company.

Your instincts were accurate.

of course you can trust their guarantee they will rent your ts. After all, they guarantee it isn'ta scam.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

cmdmfr

TUG Member
Reaction score
time sahre

How correct you are this must be a new company they kept steering me to sites that showed they were very good and had no complaints only praise. I told them that I would like to have my attorney review the papers and they said no problem. I gave them My E mail and said send the paper work for review. I was told that is no problem I just have to tell them how I will pay for the program I told them by MC. I was told that I have to give them my card number before they can do anything. My response to him was why do I need that and he said it shows I am serious. I then said for him to give me some references and his answer was we do not do that. I told him that I need to see the contract before I sign anywhere. His answer was we need the CC number. I told him that if his company is so reputable then he should have nothing to hide. he also stated that they rent all time shares and are always short. I said that if they are that good then when you get a renter call me and lets do a 3 way talk no good. I knew it was a scam but I just wanted to know more about the company and I can bet they use another name whjen you sign on. I also asked if they do not get it rented them I get my money back he never gave me an answer just changed the subject.

lilyjeanne

Reaction score
Unfortunately for us, we did pay up front as we thought they were affiliated with the actual resort. Much to our dismay, they have done nothing for us and send rental offers that never seem to work out. I googled them etc and there were no complaints against them but see that they are not registered with the BBB.

We intend on registering a complaint with the Florida BBB. I doubt very much we will recoup any of our money from them.
Beware for sure of this company .... seems like they can legally scam you.... our fault for not being more careful.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
They have no incentive to rent your week, they have already made $2,000.

lilyjeanne

Reaction score
Yes, I know.... we were so foolish. Don't normally do that kind of thing !

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
...they are not registered with the BBB.

We intend on registering a complaint with the Florida BBB. I doubt very much we will recoup any of our money from them.

If they are not registered with the BBB, why would you file a complaint with the BBB? And even if they were registered, a complaint to the BBB would accomplish absolutely nothing but allowing you to vent your anger and frustration.

You could try contacting the Attorney-General of the state where this outfit is located and file a complaint online. That might get action, it might not.

And another warning. Now that you're angry and frustrated with this company for scamming you, you will likely get calls from other companies claiming they can get your money back from this scammer. As well, your name has probably gone on a "sucker list" where other scammers (or the same scammer under a different alias) will contact you with similar offers to sell or rent out your product. Now that you know how these scams work, don't fall for them.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately for us, we did pay up front as we thought they were affiliated with the actual resort. Much to our dismay, they have done nothing for us and send rental offers that never seem to work out. I googled them etc and there were no complaints against them but see that they are not registered with the BBB.

Beware for sure of this company .... seems like they can legally scam you.... our fault for not being more careful.

try this

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/timeshare_scam_retaliation.html

lilyjeanne

Reaction score
Resort Travelers

Thanks for your feedback Lanny.

No, we won't be scammed into something else.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score

I hope they call me. It would be sooooooo much fun playing with them. First thought is to ask where their office is located and I would drop off a CASH payment and happily sign whatever they require. :whoopie: Let them know I'm so very anxious to get into the renting mode and since I never went to high school, this would be a sure way to make lots of money on the rental proceeds.

Oh, I gotta go as I am getting a call from the trusting friends at Microsoft Windows. They have been getting way to many error reports from my computer!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
lilyjeanne has not been back to TUG since her last post in November - to contact her directly, please click on her blue user name.

Oldman3D

Reaction score
Hello,
I just got off the phone with Resorts Travel International and spent some quality time with the people.
1 thing is that I'm at work and a little hard of hearing, so they must repeat. :)
So as I was talking, I started my research of the phone number, looking for spam, and remember TUG..
I ended up with a 3rd person and had him review for me.. He said the magic number again, 2000 $$ from me, I had to pay.. So, after 13 mins, I hung up.. I was nice, I did say BYE!
I'm happy at 67 that I was not born yesterday.. Day before, but not yesterday.
Thanks TUG!

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Fyi, the BBB is a toothless paper tiger with no legal authority or real "horsepower" of any sort. BBB is essentially a paid membership organization and the entity you paid has no obligation to join BBB (...nor much reason to care about how they are "rated" by the BBB either ---they can just change their name if enough bad input is submitted).

If you think you have been defrauded, contact the Florida AG instead. Don't waste a moment of your valuable time bothering with the BBB, unless you just want to "vent".

P.S. Sorry, I just noticed that the post quoted was from November , 2015. Time to go get (and use) my reading glasses, although my observations remain unchanged.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello,
I just got off the phone with Resorts Travel International and spent some quality time with the people.
1 thing is that I'm at work and a little hard of hearing, so they must repeat. :)
So as I was talking, I started my research of the phone number, looking for spam, and remember TUG..
I ended up with a 3rd person and had him review for me.. He said the magic number again, 2000 $$ from me, I had to pay.. So, after 13 mins, I hung up.. I was nice, I did say BYE!
I'm happy at 67 that I was not born yesterday.. Day before, but not yesterday.
Thanks TUG!

Sometimes its feels like we are emptying a lake with a bucket! So nice to hear owners that know how to spot the scams and avoid being victims!

EllieD42012

Reaction score
Resort travelers scam

My husband and I, unfortunately, fell victim to this scam as well. Last June we recieved several calls from a broker, who gave us his name and all his information (which I still have), including the licensing number for the company.

He reassured us and made us feel very comfortable with the decision. However, we should have questioned it when they requested the entire fee up front. He actually sent us the paperwork first, so we could read through everything before paying or signing anything, so we didn't think to much of it. I also looked up the company and did not initially find anything alarming. But obviously we should have been more thorough.

They are now asking for $1059, not $2000. They must have realized that they were asking for too much and lowers the fee. We did not recieve our first set of offers until September, and they sent us a document to sign confirming we had recieved the offers. I looked up the offers, to see if they were legit, before signing anything. Only one of the resorts was found through our timeshare, but they wanted a week later than what was available. I recieved a couple calls and emails the week the offers came through, requesting that I sign the document. When I finally spoke to someone, I asked if I could contact the person requesting the week to see if they might be willing to go a week earlier, but they told me "no. Unfortunately it has to be an exact match", but not to worry because I would recieve more offers soon, but before they coukd do that I had to sign the document conforming I had recieved the offers even though I could not fulfill any of them.

Well, I should have re-read the original contract, because by signing that document I was actually not just confirming that I recieved the offers, but I was actually waiving my right to a refund or dispute of the fee in the future. After that document was signed, surprise surprise, they stopped harassing me. I recieved no new offers until November when I called and complained. Again, I could not fulfill any. Since then, I have spoken to several agents and managers, all apologizing and saying they don't know what happened and that the notes show exactly what I am complaining about.

I have been promised more offers, and now a "manager" has actually "personally taken over the account", whom I have spoke to and keeps promising me more offers but it has now been over a week and I've not recieved anything. I actually had one offer a few weeks ago that I could fulfill, and got all excited thinking I might actually at least make my money back, but I called the offers department and they "submitted the offer" telling my I would get a call back within "24 hours" to let me know if the person requesting that week still wanted it. I never heard back, and when I called they told me they didn't see that offer in the system but they were working on getting me more offers. I call Bull!

I wish I had seen this forum before I got that call. Now, with our first child on the way, we need every penny. We are not made of money. We work hard for every dime and it is extremely frustrating that companies like this exist and can legally take your money, and there is nothing you can do about it. I even talked to a lawyer and they pretty much told me there was nothing to be done on a civil level.

Moral of the story: just hang up! Never pay for anything up front! Always to thorough research before agreeing to anything. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Not sure if it will do any good, but I plan to reach out to the Florida attorney general. I encourage anyone else who has had experience with this company to do the same. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is a rule of thumb with timeshare business offers: NEVER pay upfront fees - period.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

nwmustang

Reaction score
Resort Travelers - SCAM alert!

I own in the Hilton Grand Vacations Club - and that may be how this bunch got my name.

Got a call from them wanting to rent out my RCI vacation weeks for $1,790 - guaranteed!! Put first, I must invest $1,500 to cover the transaction costs and make sure that I have no liability for any damage to the units. I was assured of the legitimacy of their organization: BBB ratings (as if the BBB rating was the 'end all-be all'), 7-years in business, etc.

They also provided me the option of making a one-time payment of $2,399 for a 'five-year maintenance fee protection' - essentially 'guaranteeing' $7,160/per year for each of the next five years. WOW! Such a deal...if I agree to make that one-time payment on a credit card.

Spoke with a gentleman who when I questioned how this worked and why could they not take their fee out of the rentals, replied 'I am not feeling the love, here' and 'I am not a fan'. Did my best to keep them on the phone to waste their time

Yet another example of if it sounds too good to be true, and they will not provide a contract until after payment is made...HANG UP the phone. I also blocked their number, but no doubt this bunch has a whole bank of numbers to use.