• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Driver for Lagunamar?

mindy35

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have someone reliable they love & trust that we could contact for RT airport transportation, Costco run and maybe a one day excursion to Tulum, etc.?

We are 6-7 pp so a good sized van or SUV would be ideal.

I know I'm early for a trip in December (not Xmas or NY's) but I like to be organized.

Thanks

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have someone reliable they love & trust that we could contact for RT airport transportation,
The hotel has a shuttle van that can do this for you at a good rate (unless your arrival time is late at night (beyond 9pm I think).
Costco run and maybe a
Do you really want to take all 7 of you to Costco? It's an experience no different from a Costco in the US. Unless you want to educate your family in cultural imperialism any cab from reception, or the bus and a cab would do this just fine!
one day excursion to Tulum, etc.?

I know I'm early for a trip in December (not Xmas or NY's) but I like to be organized.

Thanks
There are some organized tours that cover this, there are bigger taxis that are double the price or normal taxis. I'm sure some take 7. That would be 3 in the front, 3 in the middle and 2 in the back (including driver). 6 is more usual 2-3-2 (including driver).

Unlike say Atlantis where there are some people that are known and liked as drivers I have not read anything like that here for Cancun.

I'm sure there are some websites to book the excursions on or you can do it through the concierge.
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westi...ail.html?propertyID=5646&fasXRefId=1013232445
You may even be able to negotiate a private excursion with a group that size.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Does anyone have someone reliable they love & trust that we could contact for RT airport transportation, Costco run and maybe a one day excursion to Tulum, etc.?

Thanks

We use USA Transfers / Entertainment Plus. They are reliable and cheaper than the hotel.

golf4hrs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko'Olina Beach Club
Marriott Phuket Beach Club

jkrischt

TUG Member
Reaction score
We use USA Transfers / Entertainment Plus. They are reliable and cheaper than the hotel.

Ditto. I have taken 4 trips to Cancun and used them each time. The last time we had multiple stays at different places (include WLR) plus a stop at Sam's Club in the middle of all that. I have never had a problem with them and they have been incredibly nice and prompt.

Brad

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score

lilpooh108

Reaction score
Ditto Entertainment Plus. Been using their transfer services since 2006. The drivers are a little nonchalant, but they get you there. Vans are generally clean but don't expect a towncar or anything. They do charge you for the ride back or 1/2 of the ride back upfront when you get dropped off. So just expect that.

For Costco, IMO it's a little out of the way. If you are just looking for supplies/water, there is a very very convenient (and IMO fun) supermarket that is accessible easily by bus. It is called Chedraui, and it's at the very beginning of downtown Cancun, at the end of the tourist strip. They've got water, wine, beer, rotisserie chicken, a taco bar inside, cleaning supplies for the condo, etc. The bus stop to and the bus stop back is easy to find. Tell the driver where you're going and it's super safe. Pretty much impossible to get lost going there and getting back.

Walmart is also a lot closer than Costco, although I always find it much easier than to just go to the supermarket mentioned above.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
With 7 people, i would definitely consider a private Chichen Itza tour vs a public one. You can somewhat set your own pace and not be rushed like you are on large group outings.

We did a public tour a couple years back that we booked through Entertainment Plus and it was great.

Also used USA Transfers for our two trips to Cancun and need to book again with them for our next one next month.

As for Costco. Lagunamar will hire a dedicated taxi to take you there, wait, and return. I think the cost was $40. We were going to use this on our trip next month but have decided instead that we will just take the bus to Walmart and a cab back. Though on past trips we used USA Transfers grocery stop that is an extra $30, but it doesn't go downtown. They wanted $60 for that.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
We almost exclusively use Johann and Sandra's discount tour company all over Mexico. For private van airport transfer its $39 oneway, or $59 round trip to Lagunamar for the whole van. Van holds up to 10 passengers.

http://www.cancun-discounts.com/cancun-airport-transfers.htm

They are also usually the best priced for tours too.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We almost exclusively use Johann and Sandra's discount tour company all over Mexico. For private van airport transfer its $39 oneway, or $59 round trip to Lagunamar for the whole van. Van holds up to 10 passengers.

http://www.cancun-discounts.com/cancun-airport-transfers.htm

They are also usually the best priced for tours too.

Looks like they are a bit better deal over USA Transfers for groups larger than 3 on airport transfers. Though for three people or less you save a few dollars with USA Transfers.

sherilah

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a great driver in Cancun! His name is Limberht and here is his info:

Cell phone: 0449981349220

limbertaxitours@hotmail.com

We found Limberht when we were in Cancun back in 2009. He drove us all around Cancun. I would text or call and he would be at our hotel. Then, we went back to Cancun last year and I spontaneously called him. Sure enough, he answered and drove us to Xplor and to the airport. He's super nice, speaks great English, and is very reliable. If you use him, tell him Sheri the drummer from Los Angeles sent you!

Sheri

mindy35

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score