• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which Beachfront timeshare in Northern Florida?

dixie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking for timeshares in the Destin area or even in Alabama. Not familiar with this area and the timeshares there. Would like white sand and clear water. Preferably with a pool that overlooks the beach. Anyone know of any that have at least a 2 bedroom?

Thanks

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
OP changed search area of Florida - deleted my reply.

Last edited:

dixie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I am looking for timeshares in the Destin area or even in Alabama. As you can tell, I am not familiar with the area, and have heard it was beautiful. We would be driving from Texas. I tried to edit my post, but it would not let me change the title to the area I was hoping to find out about:(!

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
When do you want to go? Right now these beaches are being hit from the oil spill in the gulf and white sandy beaches are not guaranteed.

Nancy

dixie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know about the oil spill. Hopefully the oil spill will only affect this year.
We are wanting to know which resorts in the Destin/ Gulf shores region are the best. We have not been to a timeshare in this area and thought if we could drive to a pretty beach, our Son's family would join us more often.

Bigbird130

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Beachfront Timeshare in Northern Florida

I own at Holiday Beach Resort in Destin and it is right on the beach.
You may have trouble getting a 2 bedroom with a beach view but give them a call
So far there hasn't been a oil spill problem according to the Destin City website:)

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
when are you planning to go,?

we like the Wyndham Beach Cottages, they are not ocean front, but right across the street and are very cozy - they are 1 BD but also with bunk beds.
some people like Majestic Sun, with ocean views.I prefer the smaller resort

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Isn't Majestic Sun across the street from the beach but since it is high rise most likely has ocean views.

We are in Panama City Beach right now. I am sitting in the living room looking right out the patio watching the waves in the gulf. No sight of any oil or tar balls so far.

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from the Wyndham at Panama City Beach. I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at this time. The units were nice, but the event coordination was lousy. Every excursion was cancelled. At the last minute, the welcome breakfast was changed into a fruit, cheese and cracker get together. Event coordination needs a lot of work.
Check in is across the street and the unpacking lane in front is a single lane, so you have to wait your turn. This is for both unpacking and exiting if you are behind slower people. They do have valets for parking, packing and unpacking.
The Sky Bar crosses the street on the 3rd floor (mezzanine level). It connects the rooms to the office and parking garage. There is not a direct elevator stop to it from the rooms. You either go to the third floor and climb a short flight of stairs; or go to the lobby level, cross the lobby and take the elevator on the other side.
Our unit had a master bedroom, two bunk beds and a pull out couch. Unfortunately, it had only one entrance into the bathroom. It was in the bedroom. If we had friends with us, we could have kissed privacy goodbye if they needed middle of the night bathroom visits.
The place has a lot of potential, but needs a lot of work. Mainly with Wyndham management.