• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Sightings category for members request

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is currently a discussion going on in the sightings forum about where we can post great finds on resale timeshares for other members. It doesn't fit the rules for sightings of timeshares available for exchange, but I and a number of other members see value in being able to share this information with each other.

Any ideas on where we can stick this in a private forum?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The thread you are discussing has not been removed or moderated.

We often has posts in Sightings/Distressed that Tuggers only want to share with members, and as long as it doesn't violate the forum rules, or belong somewhere else, they usually are not removed. That is slightly different from the original goal of the forum, but usage has changed over time, and it's not unusual to see posts that are posted there for "member's only" reasons.

As long as it doesn't get out of hand, it's probably not a problem.

We really don't have a desire to add additional forums.

Last edited:

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is currently a discussion going on in the sightings forum about where we can post great finds on resale timeshares for other members. It doesn't fit the rules for sightings of timeshares available for exchange, but I and a number of other members see value in being able to share this information with each other.

Any ideas on where we can stick this in a private forum?

I personally think this is a great idea to add to the value of what a member gets for the annual price paid. Great thinking. :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is the major problem with creating a forum for commercial Ads - there would be people who tried to exploit it by posting links to their own Ads, and it would create a lot of work for Mods.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the major problem with creating a forum for commercial Ads - there would be people who tried to exploit it by posting links to their own Ads, and it would create a lot of work for Mods.

Didn't think of that prospect.

Maybe there is some simple math or value/price equation that would limit such activity? I'm not sure. Just brainstorming as I like the idea. In theory anyway.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yep, if its free you can post it in the bargain deals section for someone to snap up =)

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
yep, if its free you can post it in the bargain deals section for someone to snap up =)

What if it's not free? Through a great deal.

Something that we found on eBay or Craigslist or RedWeed or one of the broker websites etc?

Something that would be a killer deal for a fellow TUG member that may be looking.

Just thinking outside the box. I always love to find ways to add value to something. Such as our paid membership :)

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I've seen a whole lot of posts on TUG where people are criticized when they mention good deals on eBay/redweek/etc because in drawing attention to the deal, they risk driving up the price. I'm wondering why this suggestion isn't inviting that same sort of criticism, but is instead getting support?

Other than that, as a TUGger I'm not in favor of yet another TUG forum for timeshare sales. Sightings/Distressed should suffice for the purpose of calling attention to good deals for which you don't stand to gain anything. As a moderator it might make for more work in the short term if sellers/brokers decide to test it because of this discussion, but fairly quickly as we delete their posts based on the "No Advertising" rule any such activity will stop.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just thinking outside the box. I always love to find ways to add value to something. Such as our paid membership :)

no problem at all, this site grows with feedback from users.

however in this case, it would just muddy the waters further and while I have no doubt your intentions are genuine...as we have discovered with other great ideas/good intentions...it just gets exploited by folks who want to test the limits of the rules and thus makes far more work than its worth.

if you see a great free deal, by all means post it in the bargain deals section.

ive seen topics in individual resort forums that have links to ads where something was just such a great deal folks wanted to discuss it, and thats also perfectly fine...but i think overall the idea of just posting links to resale ads on the forum would end up a gigantic mess as other entities exploited the loophole in the no advertising rule =)