• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reservation System Features

Tedpilot

Reaction score
Hi, since I'm still researching a purchase we were curious about the reservation system itself:

1) Can you make system-wide searches for a particular date and point value?
2) Does the system allow you to see how many units by type are available?
3) Does it show good floorplans, pics and so forth?
4) Can you reserve a particular unit or is all generic and you have to work w/ the resort. Ex, if I wanted a ground floor does the system tell me which rooms are available and I can select a specific room. That is, assuming that I know such and such room number is ground floor?
5) What other information is on the site?
6) Does someone have any screen shots they can post? Please be sure to redact any personal info on them.

Thanks all,
Ted

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, since I'm still researching a purchase we were curious about the reservation system itself:

1) Can you make system-wide searches for a particular date YES and point value NO? Unit Size
2) Does the system allow you to see how many units by type are available MAYBE, might list several multiples but not everything - gives a decent indication.?
3) Does it show good floorplans, pics and so forth MOSTLY, but might be out of date on picutes and show only some of the floor plans. Online has more than Owner's directory.?
4) Can you reserve a particular unit GOLD/PLATIMUM VIP or is all generic and you have to work w/ the resort. Ex, if I wanted a ground floor does the system tell me which rooms are available and I can select a specific room Call Resort 7-10 days make request for floor. That is, assuming that I know such and such room number is ground floor?
6) Does someone have any screen shots they can post? Please be sure to redact any personal info on them.

Thanks all,
Ted

Ted,
The system is user friendly for the average Wyndham owner - who generally used to NOT travel with laptops. Some functions require owners to call in to the 1-800 number - ARP reservation period, VIP unit assignment. Better than what it was 18 months ago; better than what it was 36 months ago. Yet, worst in some other ways (esp the methods to 'use' the system) particularily the cost of some of its features (guest certificates).

Resorts will try to honor a reasonable request - kid with broken leg needs a unit without steps, but not the best room in house. I called for one of my guests who were 2 85 year olds for a first floor unit in a building near her neice's FIL's arranged units - but not in the same building as that family grouping for Thanksgiving Week. And remember, nothing including VIP room assignments if fixed in stone - the resorts can move anyone if need be.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
1) Can you make system-wide searches for a particular date and point value?

no, but you can search by geographic area and room size or you can identify up to 5 resorts and search their availibility

2) Does the system allow you to see how many units by type are available?

you get a list, Im not sure its every unit thats available,, but it is every type of unit...I have called and been given the answer that there are x number of studios left, for example

3) Does it show good floorplans, pics and so forth?

pics and videos ; floorplans for many resorts, not all

4) Can you reserve a particular unit or is all generic and you have to work w/ the resort. Ex, if I wanted a ground floor does the system tell me which rooms are available and I can select a specific room. That is, assuming that I know such and such room number is ground floor?

generic, call the resort

your reservations, past and current, your points status, all the rules and procedures, a list of short term discounted reservations available

so far the only things I have found that you cant do on site is to add points to the points credit pool and make ARP reservations

Tedpilot

Reaction score
Linda/Ron - Thanks for the quick replies. Seems that there are some features that are helpful and it gives you a descent scope of what is available without running scores of screenshots.

Thanks again,
Ted

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fixed in Stone - many Wyndham resorts were originally sold as FIXED WEEK and FIXED UNIT number. Those are fixed in stone, where the resort will even call before arrival a fixed owner to ask "Mother May I Move You" and always offering a better unit if the owner agrees to the move (VIP gets the dumpster then :ignore: ).

Tedpilot

Reaction score
Thanks again... The screenshot is about what I expected. As always, we always want more don't we?

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Thanks again... The screenshot is about what I expected. As always, we always want more don't we?

Some resorts like Patriot's Place in Williamsburg will work with you on a room selection. Others like Governors Crossing in Tenn. Are rude and do not give you the time of day, they just say work it out with Wyndham reservations. I am a Platium Member but there are no exceptions to the this policy at Tenn. for VIP members. It is my understanding the core issue on VIP priveldges being honored at any specific resort is that the Old Fairfield POA, now Wyndham, pay for such VIP priveledges as the daily newspaper etc. Owners Service at Wyndham told me ahile ago that the specific resorts now have the option of honoring VIP priveldges or not. It is my understanding that this then becomes simply a finacial decision. Is it worth it to the resort to give the service paid for by the old Fairfield trust or not. Some think so, some think not.

Last edited: