• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV - Just returned

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll make this simple.....wonderful resort and teriffic units BUT, for the life of me I don't understand why Westin does not have fitted sheets on the mattress.:shrug: I know, you probably think I'm nit-picking but how annoying to wake up and the bottom sheet is no longer tucked into the mattress. I loved the resort ~ just want to mention this.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Glad you liked it!

My guess is twofold:

a) It's considered more professional to have flat sheets. Bounce a quarter and all that.

b) It's easier for the housekeepers and purchasers to keep track of 100% flat sheets vs. 50% flat and 50% fitted.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I think it's a shame that a resort of this status can't afford fitted sheets or that the staff can't keep flat sheets seperated from fitted ones if they had both. Just my opinion!

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll make this simple.....wonderful resort and teriffic units BUT, for the life of me I don't understand why Westin does not have fitted sheets on the mattress.:shrug: I know, you probably think I'm nit-picking but how annoying to wake up and the bottom sheet is no longer tucked into the mattress. I loved the resort ~ just want to mention this.

I think you are nit-picking about a wonderful resort with terrific units you say you loved. Salty

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheets at WKORV

This one of the few things we do not like about our home resort. I hate it when they "short sheet" my bed, that the comforter is ridiculously too heavy and that the flat sheets they use do not stay on the bed. We remake the bed each day starting with our arrival evening. WHY can't they listen to the owners???

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had some maintenance issues, but I've never had a problem with the bedding in Maui. I love, love, LOVE the Westin Heavenly Beds! The only bed covering I've really hated is the rubber-like coverlet on the beds in Grand Solmar in Cabo. It's a weird texture, it's hot, very heavy, and makes the duvets in Maui feel like summer sheets! (Otherwise, it's a beautiful resort.)

Glad to hear you loved your stay at WKORV, though! We're looking forward to six weeks at WKORV/WKORVN next year. :whoopie:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
OK Kids,... flat sheets in hotels and TSs are standard for many reasons. As you probably know from home usage that they do not fold well, etc.

As I have written in threads on 'what to bring' - is that we bring our own fitted sheet, non-Cal King - non-white (so Housekeeping doesn't take by accident) - of very high quality cotton. This sheet can be used as packing material to protect breakable items (like our travel speakers). This takes care of having to deal with the issues of a flat bottom sheet and is much more comfortable. In addition, you can find a high-quality separate fitted sheet for deep discounts when they are not paired with the top flat sheet.

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
but how annoying to wake up and the bottom sheet is no longer tucked into the mattress..
When I wake up at WKORV, the last thing in my mind is whether the sheets are tucked in the mattress or not. I start by looking at the ocean, think about what fun and enjoyable things we'll do during the day, maybe what we are doing for breaksfast, and the beauty of the resort and the island. I have no time and no desire to nit-pick on details that for me are minor in the big scope of things.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
The topic here is not about this beautiful resort. I truly loved every moment I was there. And it is not about all the things there are to do in Maui ~ it is about beds with annoying sheets that do not fit the bed. Westin is an elite resort and the bottom sheet is short, thin and unfit for such a High standard resort in my opinion. Otherwise the place was excellent!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The topic here is not about this beautiful resort. I truly loved every moment I was there. And it is not about all the things there are to do in Maui ~ it is about beds with annoying sheets that do not fit the bed. Westin is an elite resort and the bottom sheet is short, thin and unfit for such a High standard resort in my opinion. Otherwise the place was excellent!

see above post - I have never been in a hotel or TS (high-end or otherwise) that had fitted sheets.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, I don't think gnipgnop or anyone else is nitpicking at all - they're simply stating a personal preference/wish. I think it's interesting. I'm usually so exhausted by the end of the day on the beach with my family, that I fall asleep dead-to-the-world and don't move around in my sleep. I truly never noticed if the bottom sheet was fixed or flat - and I sure never thought about packing my own fitted sheets! I think that's funny! ;)

And it sure doesn't sound like gnipgnop's vacation was ruined by the flat bottom sheet - he loved the resort!

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
see above post - I have never been in a hotel or TS (high-end or otherwise) that had fitted sheets.

Neither have I; I'd venture to say neither has anyone here!

But, nitpicking is absolutely allowed here. Instead of the silence it deserves, expressions of agreement and sympathy pour forth. Rational explanations are ignored. It's the way of the BBS where anything anyone says is OK.

I guess WKORV is not a perfect resort. But, Starwood should make it perfect for every possible variety of taste. When you make that reservation you should be able to state your preference for fitted or flat bottom sheets. :D Salty

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just want to say that I also find it uncomfortable when there isn't a fitted bottom sheet.
Sue

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I think this issue is exacerbated at timeshares vs hotels because when the beds are made every day by housekeeping it's just not a problem, in my experience, but after a few days..well...things just don't always fit the way they should. I think there are other, more important, issues for WKORV management to focus on.

mandoggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gotta support the op on this one. Their is nothing more annoying than a too small flat sheet. Gotta love the fitted sheet.

Westin5Star

TUG Member
Reaction score
Neither have I; I'd venture to say neither has anyone here!

But, nitpicking is absolutely allowed here. Instead of the silence it deserves, expressions of agreement and sympathy pour forth. Rational explanations are ignored. It's the way of the BBS where anything anyone says is OK.

I guess WKORV is not a perfect resort. But, Starwood should make it perfect for every possible variety of taste. When you make that reservation you should be able to state your preference for fitted or flat bottom sheets. :D Salty

I agree 100% with this comment :clap:
For years the fitted sheets at WKORV has bothered us but I guess I have mostly ignored it and remade the bed everyday. I'm glad that someone finally put it in writing.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
For years the fitted sheets at WKORV has bothered us but I guess I have mostly ignored it and remade the bed everyday. I'm glad that someone finally put it in writing.

I'm glad to hear that others have been bothered by the bottom sheet being too small and annoying. I too make the bed everyday and it is a "big deal" having to put that stupid sheet under the mattress. The king size mattress is heavy to lift.
QUESTION TO MARRIOTT OWNERS: Do Marriott resorts have fitted bottom sheets?? I think I recall that they do. We stayed at Grand Ocean last year and I thought they had fitted sheets. If they didn't, they at least had ones that fit and didn't come out from under the mattress. Just saying!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
One poster's nitpicking, is another poster's bad night's sleep...

I have stayed at timeshares where I did not get a good night's sleep - every night for a week, and it nearly ruined my vacation.

Some people can sleep anywhere, and others are bothered by sheets that come loose during the night, wrinkled bedding, and finding themselves lying on the mattress, with no sheet underneath them.

Everyone is welcome to express their opinion about sheets, and anything else here, so please skip the behavior lectures - that's my job. ;)

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't care about whether it's flat or fitted sheets. To me it is all about the mattress. I have been holding my tongue/fingers each time I read about how TUGgers love their Westin Heavenly Beds but I am going to go at it today :). I have never found Westin Heavenly Beds,Sheraton beds, Marriott beds etc comfortable. We usually pad the bed with the comforter off another unused bed in the unit so that we do not wake up with painful hips and back.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I don't care about whether it's flat or fitted sheets. To me it is all about the mattress. I have been holding my tongue/fingers each time I read about how TUGgers love their Westin Heavenly Beds but I am going to go at it today :). I have never found Westin Heavenly Beds,Sheraton beds, Marriott beds etc comfortable. We usually pad the bed with the comfortable off another unused bed in the unit so that we do not wake up with painful hips and back.

I suppose this proves that a mattress can't satisfy everyone. I think the brands you list have excellent beds.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

I suppose it was inevitable. Forget about location requests. We're finally discussing something really important. I agree, those phone reps that SVN has trained so well should definitely ask us our preference for sheets. Why stop there? I prefer the 'right' 1-bed unit layout rather than the 'left' upon entry... ;)