• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disneyland paris

Bill4728

Reaction score
Just back from Disneyland paris and had some comments about the stay at the Marriott there.

First the resort is very nice. Almost all the units are 2 bedroom townhouses (some can connect with a studio making them a three bd unit) The exterior of the units are made to look like there is at least 5 different styles mixed together so it does not have a uniform style but a old European mix and match style to the resort. Great indoor pool for the colder french weather and a big outdoor pool for summertime.

The resort is surrounded by a golf course and is about a block off a small but well traveled road. Down the road about a 1/4 mile is a small town center with a few restaurants and shops but the main shopping area (a couple of malls) is about 3 miles away in Val de Europa. (We never went shopping there though)

There is a RER (the paris train network) station in both Val de Europa and at Disneyland but the one in Disneyland has much more services than the town station. The resort's shuttle, a city bus and taxis can take you between the resort and Disney station. If you get a train/subway pass, the bus is free and the resort's shuttle cost 2 euro50/person to get to the Disney station but is free for the return trip. Both the shuttle and a taxi take less than 10 minutes for the trip, the bus is more than 15 minutes. ( note the bus can also take you the other way to Val de Europa but takes over 30 minutes vs a 8 minute taxi ride)

More later

Bill

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
renovations?

We were there a little over a year ago and had a wonderful time.
I found the staff there the best of any Marriott Timeshare location we've visited.

Last year, our unit was more than "fine," and I liked the "french" feel to it, but it wasn't as spiffy/modern as other properties.

I wonder if you saw any evidence of units being freshened up a bit?

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ohhh... Sounds fun! We went to Paris and DLP a few years ago, but that was before we got into timeshares so we stayed in a hotel in Downtown Paris (using Hilton points!) and took the RER all the way out (60-90 minutes each way!) on the days we went to Disney.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Michael. Do you ever exchange into the Marriotts? Never seen you on this board before.

I do not think Europe is my thing. Too cold!

Ohhh... Sounds fun! We went to Paris and DLP a few years ago, but that was before we got into timeshares so we stayed in a hotel in Downtown Paris (using Hilton points!) and took the RER all the way out (60-90 minutes each way!) on the days we went to Disney.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Michael. II is great for flex exchanges and some other things but unless you own within whatever system you want to trade into, it is near impossible to get even medium demand weeks. There are great weeks for sure, but the Marriott and Starwood/Westin preference is really strong in II. Hyatt deposits can be had but there just aren't many of them.

Exchange fees in II are much cheaper in II, especially for Marriott to Marriott trades ($109 or $119). If you are thinking about trading into Marriott, you may want to pick-up a Willowridge week so you can get Marriott preference. Otherwise, you will get lots of off season Marriott weeks, but not much, if anything in prime season at say the beach or ski resorts. Even with Marriott preference those weeks are tough.

I get to stay at my first Marriott resort this Easter, going to Surfwatch in Hilton Head.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
I wonder if you saw any evidence of units being freshened up a bit?

We were there this summer and there was no evidence of any refurbishment. I'd imagine they'll still continue to refuse to heat the outdoor pool despite all the protestations.

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are enjoying our resort.

Swice, since your visit, the indoor pool has been refurbed, the bar has new flooring, and flatscreens have been rolled out to all the units. also some sofas have been freshened.

As an owner, I do find the lack of heat annoying in the resort Pompey, but I have been informed from numerous sources (not just MVCI) that France has very strict rules of pool heating and emissions. It is why almost all outdoor pools in France are closed for most of the year.

I wish they had made the outdoor pool indoors and the indoors outdoors if that makes sense.

I love the lazy river, spa jets, fountains and free flow infinity effect of the outdoor pool, but I have only been able to use it once.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Davewasbaloo, I don't know if the regulations are the reason why the pool isn't heated in this case. When I spoke to the manager about it he told me that they had heated it previously but it was costing $100 a day therefore they turned it off. Sounds like it's simply about the cost rather than regulations. I wouldn't expect to use it year round but even in the height of summer it was too cold. Personally I don't think it would be too much to ask for it to be heated during the summer months. I don't know if, as owners, you have any sway on the management over this issue?

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
This is one that I have written to the board about before, I will try again, and I will grab the exec team when I am there in Easter. I would rather pay for a pool people can use, and that we as a family can use, than have a pretty duck pond.