• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trip planning mode - add on to New Orleans

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Greg and I aren't travelling anymore, but our daughter and husband are planning a trip next year during Mardi Gras to NO. Can get airfare using our miles, will probably use VRBO or airbnb.

They are thinking of a few days to recover, probably from Wednesday after Fat Tuesday to say Saturday or Sunday. We've never been to anything on the Panhandle. I know it won't be warm enough for beach or swimming, but looking for suggestions I've seen references to Gulf Shores. Not sure about that one. I've read about and know about Destin and Panama City. Destin is closer. Would it be pretty much a laze around few days or are there things to do? Trying to placate my son-in-law as he's not completely sold on the NO idea. A few quiet days might get him on board.

And I am SOOOO happy to be planning a vacation, even if they decide not to go and even though I'm not going!!! Thoroughly love living vicariously, which is why I'm here so much.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guess it depends on what they're looking for. Since they're flying in to New Orleans, I'm assuming you're flying out of NO too? Anyway, why not spend the whole week there and wind down there? Plenty to do and see, and you could probably rent a full week timeshare cheaper than nightly through VRBO. And you may not even need a rental car at all.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Guess it depends on what they're looking for. Since they're flying in to New Orleans, I'm assuming you're flying out of NO too? Anyway, why not spend the whole week there and wind down there? Plenty to do and see, and you could probably rent a full week timeshare cheaper than nightly through VRBO. And you may not even need a rental car at all.

They may do that. Timeshare and hotel rentals are nuts expensive for the time around Mardi Gras, of course, but some inquiries on some of the by owner sites seem to be at least doable. So they'd be a week in NO, and yes, flying in and out of there.

Son in law is much more of a nature laid back type. So as a bit of a gift/concession, our daughter is hoping a few quiet days of just the two of them having some wind down time in a quieter setting will enthuse him somewhat.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
In early Feb, you're looking at temps in the 50s and 60s down in that area (including the panhandle). It's hard to recommend any of the beaches during that time of year. But, its possible they might like it, even if they can't swim because of the weather.