• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In loving Memory of KenK

vettebuf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can only repeat what others have said. We've lost a kind, generous person. I'll personally miss his informative and helpful emails and PMs and I'm feeling sorry now that I kept putting off going to the TUG get-togethers in Avon. Ken, it's been a pleasure knowing you. Barbara and family, my condolences.

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
All thought I never met Ken I did exchange a few emails with him. Like me, he was a Viet Nam vet. Not sure if his time in Nam affected his health. I held him in high esteem and will miss him. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Phil

Beverley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ken will be greatly missed by so so many. God Bless you and your family.

Beverley

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a cause or organization one could make a donation to in his name? Eileen

Ken was very involved in volunteer work with a NJ Veteran's group. Perhaps we can find out more details from Barbara.

janapur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ken was the first to direct me to TUG via his generous advice on tripadvisor. His kindness and assistance to a stranger (me) was a bit surprising until I learned that Ken treated everyone as a friend. I will truly miss him.

Jana

andy

Reaction score
I was shocked to hear the news. My deepest sympathy goes out to Barbara and the rest of the family. Ken, you will be missed, especially at any future TUG gatherings.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about Ken. Just like so many others he helped me with information on tug. My regrets to his family.

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I, too, was very sorry to hear of Ken's passing. I didn't know him, but know we've all lost a valuable and beloved member of the group. My sympathy and hugs to Barbara, and all who loved him.

beachsands

TUG Member
Reaction score
To say I was stunned when I read this thread is an understatement! As others have mentioned in their experiences, I too never met Ken in a face to face environment, but we exchanged emails on several occasions. He was always the first one to make first contact. Ken was a Super person. I always looked forward to reading his posts. Ken will be very missed.

My thought and Prayers go out to his family.

Joel

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Add me

I have been away from the boards for awhile and was shocked to hear of Ken's passing. What a wonderful guy and a wealth of information. Our prayers go out to his family. He will be missed.

Joe L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I didn't know Ken but it is obvious he has touched so many lives. I add my condolences to Barbara and family. R.I.P. Ken

scooooter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very saddened to hear this. I will keep his family in my prayers.

Rhonda

dgdbloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear. Ken was the one who directed me to TUG.

Present

Reaction score
Deepest Sympathies

My deepest sympathies to Ken's wife & family & to the TUG family on the loss of someone special. Like others, I didn't know him personally but came to know him from reading his posts. All I can say is he always was extremely knowledgeable & helpful & patient and I truly enjoyed reading his posts.

KristinB

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
RIP Ken, whom I never knew, but was a neighbor of sorts to me -- I grew up in Freehold, and I remember noticing he lived in Neptune and arranged all the Jersey shore Tugger get-togethers. I bet he had no idea how many lives he touched via cyberspace...

baguiogal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to the family.

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have been away from Tug for a few days and just found this thread. We were fortunate to have met Ken and Barbara at Shawnee several years ago and enjoyed one of his great dinners. He was always so helpful and will be missed. Our condolences to Barbara and his family.

Lynn

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from the Marriotts Grande Vista about one hour ago and every thing that Ken K said about this resort was true and very accurate.

My condolences goes out To Ken K and his family. I will missed reading his threads..

Last edited:

JudyJ

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear the news

I've been off the boards quite a while. I do remember Ken well and send condolences to all.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Recieved a request personally from Ken's wife this morning to post this on her behalf as she has no computer access at the moment.

Thank you so much for the beautiful memorial, Ken Loved being part of TUG! Everyone's interest and friendship increased the richness of his life.

Barbara Kouri

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've just found out about Ken's passing, my sincerest condolences to his family.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me Ken. You through TUG have taught me the meaning of vacation and in so doing have enriched my life. Again thank you.

Adieu

Colorado Belle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I never had the chance to know Ken , but it is plain and wonderful that he was well loved.

Prayers of peace to his family...and warm cyber hugs.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just heard. I'm so sad. He always responded whenever I asked a question - and so kindly. My thoughts and prayers to his family.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Ken was one of the best people you will ever run into. Tho we never met, we interacted in many cyber places.