• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A sad message from John M Faeth's wife [photo added 5/5]

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll miss John.

I spend more time speaking with John than anyone else on this board. I am honored that he called me "friend." I will miss him very much.

Goodbye John.

Charles

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel like I've been punched in the stomach! John was, indeed, as other tuggers have portrayed him--kind, insightful, and helpful. He sent me a private message when I was having such trouble sorting out my FIL's dementia. I always read his posts with confidence that he knew what he was talking about. I will miss him.

I am thoughtfully considering which charity to donate to in his name.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
What a great tribute from John's wife.

You have my deepest sympathy as I know you will miss him greatly, at moments you don't even know yet. They will sneak up and overcome you, but each time just welcome it in his memory.

:(

Joe L

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sad. We lost two great Tuggers in such a short time. I was going to meet John next month at a luncheon in Queens, NY with some other timeshare friends. We will have a toast to him. My condolences to his family.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
i am so very sorry to hear of john's passing. he was always so very kind and helpful to me whenever i posted a question on these boards, or sent him an email. he will truly be missed. my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
John was a wonderful man

I have only been a member here for a year and already the lounge is one of my favorite places to be. Almost as much as at my favorite timeshare.;) One of the things I look forward to when I log on is to see who has posted today. I have come to recognise many Tuggers by their tag names and look forward to reading posts from my favorite ones. Some are funny, others have expertise in areas I'm interested in, many have touched on a topic of interest to other Tuggers. John was one of the posters I always looked forward to reading because I knew I would learn something that day. John gave me much encouragement publicly and in private when I emailed him with a concern. His support ( I didn't need to use his services which was a service in itself) helped me make a wise decision in my timeshare use. I was surprised that he had been a member for such a short time. I thought he was one of the founders. Such was his wisdom and persona. He was so knowlegeable and kind. I will miss him.

pranas

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My condolences to Lorelei and the family. While I never met John, I learned a lot from his posts. We will miss you John.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very Sad news indeed!

Condolences to all in the TUG family. Most of all his immediate family.

lizfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was so shocked and sad to read about John's passing! He was just helping me less than two weeks ago with an issue I was having with a resort transfer. I wish I could have had the opportunity to get to know him better because he was so gracious about helping me and he seemed like a great guy. Thank you John for everything you have done for us "TUGGER'S". Rest in peace.

jetguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Kauai Beach Club, Marriott's Timber Lodge, Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Napili Towers
My sincere condolences to John's wife and family. My thoughts and prayers are with them. He will be truly missed.

abc31

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so saddened to hear this news. I too have been on the receiving end of John's generousity and good will. Last year when I announced on tug that I had won an auction on ebay for a $1 timeshare, John pm'd me to let me know that he does closings if I was interested in hiring him. I chose to do the closing myself.

I ended up running into some problems. I emailed John with a few questions, totally expecting him to tell me where to go. Instead, he emailed me back with his cell phone number. I called him and he spent a good amount of time helping me, and even made a phone call on my behalf. In the end, I asked him what I owed him and his response was "not a thing and if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to call."

My heart goes out to John's wife and family. He will be missed so much here. If this is the kind of impact he had on strangers, I can only imagine what he must have done for his loved ones. You were so lucky to have such a wonderful person in your life, even if it wasn't long enough. It sounds like you know how lucky you were. I hope there will come a time when you can remember John without feeling the pain of your loss.

Sincerely,

Amy

jesuis1837

TUG Member
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers to his family... What a sad news... I always read his post with lots of attention, this is so a big loss for TUG... speechless...

LINAND

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so sad to hear this. John was handling my closing and we had spoken on the phone several times in the past few weeks.. he was such a nice man and I am deeply saddened to hear that he is gone. :(

My heart gos out to his family and friends.
and thank you for posting his picture.

Dear John, it was fun kidding around with you about our accents (and yes, you had one too :) ) and I promise, I'll make my DH take some time off in the very near future. thank you for all of your help. I will miss talking to you. Rest in Peace my friend.

Joan-OH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am just stunned by John's passing! A year and a half ago, I bought a timeshare off Ebay then found TUG. When I had issues with the closing, John Emailed me offering his assistance and I emailed back with my phone number. He called and left me his cell number. He reviewed my deed for me and offered some pointers on dealing with my closing company. Just a wonderful gentleman!

Lorelei, my condolences to you and your family. A contribution has been made in Memory of John to the MS Society 5K walk this weekend.

Joan-OH

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Such a loss!

I just learned of John's sudden passing, and I was so touched by Lorelei's beautiful tribute to him.
It's always sad to learn of the loss of a fellow Tugger, but John was one of the most helpful and kind posters. My condolences to all who feel the loss personally, and may your hearts heal. Hugs, Jean

joyzilli

TUG Member
Reaction score
John's passing is such a shock. From his posts here on Tug, he seemed like a great guy, always kind and eager to help. My condolences to his family.

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just shocked to learn about John's untimely passing. He was in the middle of handling a closing on a St. Thomas timeshare for me. I was trying to get ahold of him because I didn't hear anything from him for awhile. His phone messages were filled. I then loged on to TUG and saw the announcement about his death. He always called and kept me informed on the transaction. You could tell he loved helping people. My codolences are wioth his family.

mtgolfer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, my heart goes out to his family. John's knowledge and his willingness to share it with all of us will not be forgotten. It feels so strange that I never knew John, but am truly shaken by this because he was such a giving man of his time and always willing to help others, including me. He exemplifies what this board is all about and I for one will forever carry a part of him with me.

bp

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh No!

I am away from these boards much more than I would like to be and just found out about John tonight. I can only echo what everyone else has said. John and I disagreed on some issues. He always gave good arguments and was always professional and polite. A huge loss to Tug, and I will miss his posts, which I truly respected. Be in peace my friend.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Yes - thanks for the photo - he appears like I envisioned him

I understand there is a Memorial Service for John this Saturday - please take a minute and give him a moment of thought on that day.

I plan to picture him sitting in quiet comfort on a white sand beach lined with palm trees being gently blown by warm trade winds.

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who can't find John's picture? I must not be looking in the right place. Can someone direct me please? TIA

sstamm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who can't find John's picture? I must not be looking in the right place. Can someone direct me please? TIA

It was added to the first post on this thread.

Never having met John in person, it is nice to have a picture included. I hope his family will find comfort in knowing that so many people were touched by his helpfulness.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our condolensces to the family. We are fortunate to have been part of john's life. It is a priviledge to be part of someone's enjoyment in life, and travel was likely one of John's life enjoyments - hey why else would he be part of TUG ? God Bless.