• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2010] International Timeshare Network a scam?

dreading

Reaction score
International Timeshare Network out of Orlando, Fl is pushing us to list for $557 ($795 with a 30% RCI discount) with them to market our RCI points/week to corporate buyers at captive events at the Orange County Convention Center who would either rent or buy out our timeshare in order to get nicer accommodations for their executives at a reduced cost; in other words marketing to corporate people who have convention accommodation budgets to spend. It sounded reasonable.

They cite their ARDA membership, their BBB online rating with no complaints, their ad campaigns on TV networks and in cityscape print networks, their licensed and bonded status. They are not a real estate company. They say they have no complaints. And I could not find any online either, except for the standard TUG advice to not pay for upfront fees. The Florida AG site states that timeshare resale sites usually charge up to $500 upfront fees. When I asked 'if they get their fee upfront what is their incentive for selling our timeshare?' I was told they would go out of business if they didn't do what they state they would do. He could not point to any site where ITN is given a positive rating from satisfied customers, either buyers or sellers. They offer a 100% money back guarantee in writing if the property is not rented or sold in 180 days.

I was told they want to move the properties off their books in 90 days or less, and that rentals could be effected in 30 to 60 days. If we want to list other timeshares, it is $795 (minus a multiple listing discount) for each timeshare. They wanted to charge my credit card upfront ahead of receiving the contract, stating they are required to do this by the state of Florida (I forget the wording that was used). I flat out refused to do this and then it appeared that they would stop talking to me. I said I would call them back.

What am I to make of this company? Does anyone have experience with them directly? Have they ever done what they say they will do? I want to hear only from tuggers who have been longterm members and have previously posted. So no one-time only posters suspicious for being shills. I really want to get out from our timeshares....but....

He stated the only negative online rating was from a site called TUG and he didn't know what these people did with their time all day long, that the people responding on the site were not people they had ever done business with.....:)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
ANY company that charges a large upfront fee is trying to scam you. They make their money with the upfront fee and then they make no attempt to rent/sell your timeshare.

There are a lot of scammers out there taking advantage of desperate timeshare owners these days. Most timeshares are selling for 0-10% of retail, but that's a bitter pill to swallow, so owners grasp at shady offers, hoping they are for real. Legitimate resellers charge a commission after the sale, but the scammers all ask for a large upfront payment.

Here are some warnings signs with these kinds of companies:

1) Do they say that they already have a renter/buyer for your timeshare? (or an established market like people attending conventions.)

2) Do they want you to pay hundreds/thousands of dollars for a title search and transfer fees, or taxes, or a closing fee, UPFRONT?

3) Are they offering to rent/sell it for far more than the market value?

4) Do they want you to pay a large up front fee that supposedly you will get back?

5) Do they want your credit card number before they send you a contract?​

If you answer yes to any of these questions, then this is the usual scenario:

Once you pay the fee and receive the contract, you discover that the company has only promised to advertise your resort, not to rent/sell it, and they don't mention having a renter/buyer in the contract.

Then, you won't hear anything from them for a long time, and when you contact them, they will tell you that the renter/buyer backed out, but they will advertise your timeshare on their over-priced website.

Finally, when you try to get your money back, they will point out that you signed a contract, and it's only for advertising.

When you try to challenge it with your credit card company, they will tell you that you only had 60 days to dispute the charge, and that it's too late to do anything.​

To see what your timeshare is really worth on the current resale market:

1) Register with eBay
2) Log into eBay
3) Search for the resort by exact name
4) Click on "completed listings" on the menu on the left

(Be sure you look at the completed listings - those are actually SELLING prices - you will find asking prices all over the place, but what really counts is what they actually sold for.)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
International Timeshare Network out of Orlando, Fl is pushing us to list for $557 ($795 with a 30% RCI discount) with them to market our RCI points/week to corporate buyers at captive events at the Orange County Convention Center who would either rent or buy out our timeshare in order to get nicer accommodations for their executives at a reduced cost; in other words marketing to corporate people who have convention accommodation budgets to spend. It sounded reasonable.

This line about renting to corporate people is a sham that seems to be appearing much more often in the last year or so.

I've been going to conferences throughout my professional career of more than 30 years. I've been involved on both the attending and planning sides of the operation. I've even stayed in timeshares as part of conference attendance.

Please be assured that there is no significant market for corporate attendees to rent timeshares for conference attendance.

First - there are few locations where there are timeshares located sufficiently close to a conference to make timeshare worthwhile. A timeshare will need to be within walking distance of the conference to be feasible. That is almost never the case with timeshares, as hotels dominate the setting around most major convention sites.

Second - most people attending a trade show are there for networking and sales. That means that if someone wants to find them for some reason, they need to be findable. Finding someone where you don't have a cell phone number for that person means calling the desk of the conference hotel and asking to be connected with their room. If the person isn't registered at a conference hotel they can't be found. In most cases that is simply not acceptable, when the primary purpose for going to the convention is to make connections and network.

Third - conference organizers have no interest in seeing conference attendees stay at any location other than the conference hotel. Conference organizers rely on conference attendees registering at the designated conference hotel to make the conference budget work out. Conventions include guarantees of minimum numbers of rooms that will be occupied by attendees - if those guarantees are not met the conference organizer needs to pay the difference. If the rooms sell out the organizer gets an additional price break. So even if there are timeshares near the site, the conference organizer will have no interest in letting attendees know about the availability of those accommodations. And since the organizer is the one who has the information on conference attendees, how is this outfit renting timeshares ever going to be able to let conference attendees know that timeshares are available???

I agree that the "marketing to corporations" sounds plausible on the surface, but it's totally bogus.

But, you say, I acknowledged above that I have stayed at timeshares when attending conferences. So let's talk about when that happens.

First, this has involved situations where I am the owner of the timeshare. Since I've already paid for the week and I'm self-employed, this is a cheap way to travel.

Second, I attend a couple of conferences that aren't very large (several hundred attendees) and that are often located in more resort areas. So there have been a couple of situations where the conference has been held at a location where I one of my ownerships either operates the property or has a facility within a reasonable distance of the conference site.

Fraudaintsexy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Rental Pitch

As one of two Detectives investigating the timeshare re-sale and rental industry in the Central Florida area, I can tell you that the "corporate rental pitch" is the new "buyer" pitch being used by these scammers. The pitch is a script that the telemarketer reads, boasting about all the great events that will make corporations fall in love with your timeshare. Its all crap...its called "The Reed script" and we have found it and ones like it at all our serach warrant locations. I can tell you I have not met ONE...ONE..honest person in these scam companies. They are all criminals who would steal money from their own mother...and laugh about it as they buy a new Mercedes. They are all professional liers....honesty is a word none of them could spell, much less give you the meaning of.

Most, if not all the telemarketers have been drug or subtance abusers, and nearly all had criminal records in the State of Florida. The owners of the rooms know they are pitching dirty...but figure they have 6-8 months to load up on your $$$$$, before they change to a new company and re-locate to a different boiler room location. They then just start another scam company with the State and do business under another fake company name...such as GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENTS, or some other three word BS name.

ANY telemarketer calling you and claiming a "buyer," when there is NONE, is commiting a FRAUD in the State of Florida and is subject to arrest and prosecution. If they lie to you on the phone or in any part of the deal...its called Communications Fraud and can be charged under State Racketeering laws. For you shills reading this...IF YOU LIE TO A VICTIM...THATS CALLED SCHEME TO DEFRUAD...its a Felony in the State of Florida, as well as a Federal violation. If you are located in Orange County....we will investigate you and we will shut you down...and you will be prosecuted...not fined by the Department of Agriculture.

Just ask the following: RESORT CONDOS MANAGEMENT....done, MAVERICK TIMESHARES...done, VACATIONS AND RESORTS....done, TIMESHARE GOLDLINE....done, RESORT EQUITY MARKETING...done, and the list goes one....We at the Orlando Police Department consider FRAUD as FRAUD.....its not a game, its multi-million dollar theft. The owners and operators of the above scams are now talking with us and cooperating in further investigations.....they will be charged by the Office of the Statewide Prosecutor for RICO, Communications Fraud and Conspiracy charges. Money laundering may also be added. So, for those of you who have been victimized by ANY company you think may be linked to Florida, please feel free to call me, Detective Michael Stevens, 407-246-2971, or my partner, Detective Hilary Bledsoe at 407-246-3715, with information. You can of course reach me via TUG.

We will continue to actively target and procesute any individual or group engaged in wire or mail fraud within our jurisdiction...Thanks for your time.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
A shill is someone who works for a company in question being discussed here on the forums that types in a raving review about the legitimacy of the organization, despite the fact they do nothing more than rip people off.

We get them regularly on TUG.

MauiLea

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
International Timeshare Network, Orlando, FL - SCAM

I got a call from this organization today (September 29, 1011), so this scam is still ongoing. Contact is "Ryan." Phone number 321-248-3768 or 877-312-8966. I am providing these phone numbers, in case anyone else who gets a call wants to file a complaint on the donotcall.gov website.

He GUARANTEED me that they would find a buyer for my timeshare who would pay me $ 17K within 180 days or I would get my "marketing fee" of $ 1495.00 back.

He told me that they had corporate buyers interested in purchasing the property so their employees could stay at a resort when attending conventions in Orlando.

They have all sorts of certifications, no complaints, etc.etc.

Yes, I can become a member of any organzation if I paid my dues. Yes, I can dodge complaints by changing the company name, phone number, using a generic name, etc.....hey...I think I will change my name and phone number tomorrow....then if I search the internet....no complaints! Or, I can hire one of those internet clean up companies to delete the complaints.

I think he thought I was born with NO BRAIN. I told him that corporation's were NOT stupid or they wouldn't be in business anymore. When I told him that this could not be true and that I was not going to pay an upfront fee for anything, he hung up on me BEFORE I could tell him that I am on the National Do Not Call List and to remove my name / number from his listings.

I understand that everyone needs to earn a living, but using the phone to scam people is larceny and since the amount is over $ 200...it is probably grand larceny. Let's just call these people thieves.

Phillyidol

Reaction score
OMG!!!

Holy crap - am I EVER LUCKY to have found this forum!!!!

My wife and I fell for the typical song-and-dance and bought a time-share and the 2-3 times we've used it, it's actually been nice, but due to a serious family illness, it's been difficult keeping up the payments (not that they're that much, so please - no pity here), but we have been looking to sell, and low and behold, we got a call from (wait for it) - the 'International Timeshare Network', so right away we're thinking, 'Wow - what luck'.

The guy (Larry Sanders BTW - JIC anyone else recognizes the name) goes through the pitch - tells us about their company - goes through our options between renting and selling - he even gave me some 'Licensing #'s' (can't fully remember what he said they were/for) - one for the company (TS3575) and his 'personal' one (TP33404) - all-in-all, seems legit.

Then he mentions the 'one-time fee' of $1498 with the comment 'This is the ONLY fee you'll pay as it covers all A-Z costs' - also gives us a 90 day sell guarantee and adds we can get a few hundred dollars more than what we paid with renting our current points, and to be fair, being a bit naive :eek: , I'm thinking, 'Not too bad a price to get this taken care of for us', so I have him email me a package with the points of the conversation, what they were offering, additional info, etc. (Yes - I know - how very :doh: of me :eek:.)

Anyway, I start thinking, 'You know - it might be a good idea to do a bit of R&R about selling a TS and check this group out!?!' (Yeah - YA THINK!! :rolleyes: )

So, I get the email and start looking up the info sent, which includes links to various sites (I can try and email it if anyone likes - or attach in this thread if that's what the standard is - not too sure), I also start doing some separate Google searches of the links he sent AWA the company, and again, the site looks good, the links are checking out (especially the one from the 'Online Business Bureau), the 'reviews' aren't bad, all the while patting myself on the back thinking, "See - I'm being smart about this and it doesn't sound too fishy to me."

(Yes - you can all send the 'Smack to the back of the head' about here).

Then I do another search with the company name and 'reviews' added to the end, and low-and-behold, the question, 'Has anyone dealt with this group?' pops up, and on this site - and BAM!!

I now realize just how "smart" I was :eek: :wall: :doh: :eek:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS SITE AND THE PEOPLE WHO POST ON IT!!!

Enough said!?!

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but could someone tell me what or who as shill is ?

Many thanks

Maureen :wave:

Shill - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

A shill, plant or stooge is a person who helps a person or organization without disclosing that he or she has a close relationship with that person or organization. Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he or she is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) that he or she is secretly working for.

In online discussion media, satisfied consumers or "innocent" parties may express specific opinions in order to further the interests of an organization in which they have an interest, such as a commercial vendor or special interest group. Websites may also be set up for the same purpose. For example, an employee of a company that produces a specific product may praise the product anonymously in a discussion forum or group in order to generate interest in that product, service or group. In addition, some shills use sock puppetry where they sign on as one user soliciting recommendations for a specific product or service. They then sign on as a different user pretending to be a satisfied customer of a specific company.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks and a suggestion...

As one of two Detectives investigating the timeshare re-sale and rental industry in the Central Florida area, I can tell you that the "corporate rental pitch" is the new "buyer" pitch being used by these scammers. The pitch is a script that the telemarketer reads, boasting about all the great events that will make corporations fall in love with your timeshare. Its all crap...its called "The Reed script" and we have found it and ones like it at all our serach warrant locations. I can tell you I have not met ONE...ONE..honest person in these scam companies. They are all criminals who would steal money from their own mother...and laugh about it as they buy a new Mercedes. They are all professional liers....honesty is a word none of them could spell, much less give you the meaning of.

Most, if not all the telemarketers have been drug or subtance abusers, and nearly all had criminal records in the State of Florida. The owners of the rooms know they are pitching dirty...but figure they have 6-8 months to load up on your $$$$$, before they change to a new company and re-locate to a different boiler room location. They then just start another scam company with the State and do business under another fake company name...such as GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENTS, or some other three word BS name.

ANY telemarketer calling you and claiming a "buyer," when there is NONE, is commiting a FRAUD in the State of Florida and is subject to arrest and prosecution. If they lie to you on the phone or in any part of the deal...its called Communications Fraud and can be charged under State Racketeering laws. For you shills reading this...IF YOU LIE TO A VICTIM...THATS CALLED SCHEME TO DEFRUAD...its a Felony in the State of Florida, as well as a Federal violation. If you are located in Orange County....we will investigate you and we will shut you down...and you will be prosecuted...not fined by the Department of Agriculture.

Just ask the following: RESORT CONDOS MANAGEMENT....done, MAVERICK TIMESHARES...done, VACATIONS AND RESORTS....done, TIMESHARE GOLDLINE....done, RESORT EQUITY MARKETING...done, and the list goes one....We at the Orlando Police Department consider FRAUD as FRAUD.....its not a game, its multi-million dollar theft. The owners and operators of the above scams are now talking with us and cooperating in further investigations.....they will be charged by the Office of the Statewide Prosecutor for RICO, Communications Fraud and Conspiracy charges. Money laundering may also be added. So, for those of you who have been victimized by ANY company you think may be linked to Florida, please feel free to call me, Detective Michael Stevens, 407-246-2971, or my partner, Detective Hilary Bledsoe at 407-246-3715, with information. You can of course reach me via TUG.

We will continue to actively target and procesute any individual or group engaged in wire or mail fraud within our jurisdiction...Thanks for your time.

Detective Stevens:

First, thank you for the work that you do, timeshare scam related and otherwise. A nation that exists and thrives under the rule of law succeeds in doing so only because people in your profession enforce and apply said laws at the real-world, street level --- daily and sometimes at the risk of your own personal safety. Sincere thanks for all that you do.

That said, in this particular arena (Timeshare Users Group BBS), you are in large part "preaching to the choir"; relatively few here are in need of conversion or salvation. I don't know how your particular department or your County prosectors might see it, but it sure would be beneficial from a PR and education perspective if first hand experiences and street observations like yours could somehow make their way into a more public forum with a less informed, more susceptible populace. Has any Sheriff's office or County attorneys ever expressed any interest in issuing any "public service announcements" or "educational messages" in the mainstream media? The Florida AG certainly gets its' share of "ink", but I often wonder just how much actual, persuasive education is provided by elected "suits" standing in front of microphones, trumpeting their "initiatives" and "priorities".

Florida will never run out of timeshare scammers and related parasites, although your efforts certainly help weaken their numbers and those efforts are certainly valuable and appreciated. The flip side of the coin, however, needs to be one of actively creating a smarter and more wary public too, particularly in difficult economic times when some people are clearly a bit desperate to "believe". How do we do that? :shrug:

Last edited:
Reaction score

They cite their ARDA membership, their BBB online rating with no complaints, their ad campaigns on TV networks and in cityscape print networks, their licensed and bonded status. They are not a real estate company. They say they have no complaints. And I could not find any online either, except for the standard TUG advice to not pay for upfront fees. The Florida AG site states that timeshare resale sites usually charge up to $500 upfront fees. When I asked 'if they get their fee upfront what is their incentive for selling our timeshare?' I was told they would go out of business if they didn't do what they state they would do. He could not point to any site where ITN is given a positive rating from satisfied customers, either buyers or sellers. They offer a 100% money back guarantee in writing if the property is not rented or sold in 180 days.

I was told they want to move the properties off their books in 90 days or less, and that rentals could be effected in 30 to 60 days. If we want to list other timeshares, it is $795 (minus a multiple listing discount) for each timeshare. They wanted to charge my credit card upfront ahead of receiving the contract, stating they are required to do this by the state of Florida (I forget the wording that was used). I flat out refused to do this and then it appeared that they would stop talking to me. I said I would call them back.

What am I to make of this company? Does anyone have experience with them directly? Have they ever done what they say they will do? I want to hear only from tuggers who have been longterm members and have previously posted. So no one-time only posters suspicious for being shills. I really want to get out from our timeshares....but....

He stated the only negative online rating was from a site called TUG and he didn't know what these people did with their time all day long, that the people responding on the site were not people they had ever done business with.....:)

I am a former employee of International Timeshare Network.

I don't know that I'd go so far as to say that they are a SCAM, but in my mind, they are, and let me explain why.

If you get into a conversation with them, they will tell you that they show your property at the Orange County Convention Center. The reason I quit is because I discovered that they actually don't. At times, they have a kiosk there, but not very often, and they aren't marketing your property at all. They just have a computer there with your property, and everyone else's listed...right from their website.

They try to tell you that they aren't a listing company, but that is indeed all they are. LISTING COMPANIES DO NOT WORK! They don't sell your property because nobody knows how to find it. If someone DOES find it, it's competing against every other property that is listed. Did you buy your timeshare this way? No! And I promise you, you won't sell it that way, either.

If, for some reason, you think that listing your property online is the way to go...fine. Do it through Ebay, Redweek, and Craigslist. If you use all three, you won't even spend $50. Why pay this company or any other one $500-$3000 to do the same thing?

Oh, and by the way...if you DID get scammed by this company or any other, this is how you get out of it. CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY. Don't call the scamming company. If you cancel it with your credit card within 60 days, you'll be just fine. If it's been more than 60 days, you may still have a chance....CALL THEM...NOT THE COMPANY THAT TOOK YOUR MONEY! Also, call the Attorney General in the state of Florida. These companies do not want the bad press and if you involve the Attorney General, they are way more likely to refund your money. But, you only really need to do that if you are beyond the 60 day mark.

Last edited:

rickthered

Reaction score
Test the rental agency

I read reviews regarding International Time Share Network and found these, as well as on other sites which were positive. Ya never know... so.... here's what I did. I had 10 'dream' vacations they wanted to rent for me. Only $800 up front. Debra said each week was worth $2400 blah blah.

So I offered her no money but one vacation for free. "When you rent it you can take $800 off for my fee, keep the rest, and rent the other nine for me if you like. But you can have the first one free, no contract necessary. I trust you."

She said, "I'll get back to you," and never did. So much for their claims.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could have offered 2X or more of what they are asking, just take it from the proceeds, despite their lame excuses, they will never agree, since there will never be proceeds from which they can deduct their fees

Reaction score
As one of two Detectives investigating the timeshare re-sale and rental industry in the Central Florida area, .

Thank you for the hard work you two are doing to improve this industry. Your work, dedication, and success is helping thousands of families.

With all the fraud, abuse, and money, why are there only two investigators assigned to timeshare fraud?

Delight

Reaction score
Ongoing International timeshare exchange scam

On Nov. 30, 2012 they are starting up again.

I get roughly the same BS from "Jessie" only this time it was a guarantee to sell for $15,300 and had to do it right away. He and they (International Timeshare) are basically lying to the public, they aren't selling anything, just "advertising" for you. He directly said they buy the property from you. I said great I'll set up an escrow and we can exchange the guaranteed sale
price and the property for the 'fee'. Don't think I'll hear back from him :clap:

SCAM SCAM SCAM International Timeshare Exchange

Funny how they have no personal email addresses from the company itself.
They sent me the below message with some forms that are basically acknowledgement agreements that mean nothing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
information <information@internationaltimeshareexchange.com>;
Please review the attached documents and Jessie will follow up with you shortly.

Thanks and have a great day!

Customer Service
International Timeshare Network

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
On Nov. 30, 2012 they are starting up again.

I get roughly the same BS from "Jessie" only this time it was a guarantee to sell for $15,300 and had to do it right away. He and they (International Timeshare) are basically lying to the public, they aren't selling anything, just "advertising" for you. He directly said they buy the property from you. I said great I'll set up an escrow and we can exchange the guaranteed sale
price and the property for the 'fee'. Don't think I'll hear back from him :clap:

SCAM SCAM SCAM International Timeshare Exchange

Funny how they have no personal email addresses from the company itself.
They sent me the below message with some forms that are basically acknowledgement agreements that mean nothing.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
information <information@internationaltimeshareexchange.com>;
Please review the attached documents and Jessie will follow up with you shortly.

Thanks and have a great day!

Customer Service
International Timeshare Network

International Timeshare Exchange is the same as International Timeshare Network.

See this thread too:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183026

Last edited:
Reaction score
new name for Intenational Timeshare

first of all I would like to thank all the people who write here.
these past two weeks I have been receiving calls from International Timeshare Services. yes this name sounds familiar.
they ask for an upfront payment of 200.00 dollars per week, ans is promising to sell several of my weeks for a convention that is going to take place in a couple of months.
Thanks to DeniseM for her comments, and the two Detective Michael Stevens and Detective Hilary Bledsoe for seeking and closing this type of thieves.

they wrote me an email from info@internationaltimeshareservice.com
phones 407-268-6511 and 1-888-229-5853

again, my regards to you all.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
these past two weeks I have been receiving calls from International Timeshare Services.

Interesting since they say this on their website FAQ:

"International Timeshare Services (ITS) is not a telemarketing company and does not make unsolicited phone calls."

Looks like they got caught in a big fat LiE.

They also say this on their website FAQ:

"I read somewhere that it is illegal in the state of Florida to require an "up-front" fee for the listing of a timeshare. Is that true?

It is if you are a Broker. Section 721.20, Fla. Stat., does prohibit a real estate licensee from accepting up front money for the listing of a timeshare. International Timeshare Services (ITS) is not a Broker and does not take listings - only advertisements."

Translation - we will GLADLY take your up front fee for "advertisement."

Reaction score
that is really true. two mistakes in a row. i have received more than 6 calls. and even got an email with the contract. they offered me 2,500 dollar per week. and had like 8 weeks to buy. sounded promising but I suspected when they asked me for an up front payment. Lucky me I found this forum.

Pistolero71

Reaction score
International timeshare services

Good day. I thanks to all the members and guests for their information and facts about this two last mentioned timeshare companies.

Recently, before this post, my mother pick up a call from a rent/sell timeshare company "international timeshare service". They were offering servicies to rent our timeshare property in florida, my mother was interested so she agreed in receiving the contract via email...to my email. Before i started to read the contract, i decide to investigade about this company, i don't even know anything about timeshare but that didn't stop me. I went in shock when i gather information from this forum and other sites, and even more when i read the contract.

1_ It states that we have to realize a paid of $ 200.00 per week for marketing and advertising.

2_ The first warranty stablish if i found a better price of my property they will make a refound of 100%.

3_ The second warranty stablish if my property isn't rented in a period of 180 days, they will make another contract with no cost and with vacations inclueded.

After this i decide to post a recently activity from this company and what are they up to.

Once again thank you all and forgive my bad english.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Congrats on doing some research before any money was given to this company. Unfortunately, the timeshare industry is filled with scammers preying on owners. If more people would realize that they would have a harder time staying in "business" but the fact is enough people lose money to them that it is a thriving business.

It is possible that your mom's number is now in the hands of many scammers. Just remember that ANY unsolicited phone call that says they have a buyer or renter for the timeshare is sure to be a scam.

This particular scam is common. They lie through their teeth to get someone to sign a contract that is nothing more than an advertising fee. However, the scammers simply post the timeshare on their poor website that gathers no traffic. Their interest isn't in trying to have the timeshare sell or rent. Their sole interest, the only interest that they put any time and effort into, is the UPFRONT fee.

scamed2

Reaction score
so, what can I do?

Congrats on doing some research before any money was given to this company. Unfortunately, the timeshare industry is filled with scammers preying on owners. If more people would realize that they would have a harder time staying in "business" but the fact is enough people lose money to them that it is a thriving business.

Ok, I was scammed too, by Royal Vacation Resort (2 weeks: $2400), now "out of bussiness", but now International Timeshare Services wants to "help me recover what they had offered" buuuut I have to give them 6 weeks ($1200) to be registered with them. REALLY???
Is there anything I can do to get my money back? The sales person of Royal is now working with ITS (I looked it up in https://csapp.800helpfla.com/cspublicapp/businesssearch/BusinessSearch.aspx )
Shouldn't these people have their license removed???