• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My ideal vacation includes...

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
3+ hours chatting timeshare + a free gift!
An early Monday morning welcome breakfast!
No daily maid service!

I fear I can no longer think vacation without the rituals that are uniquely timeshare... certainly you can do better than that! :wall:

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
My own kitchen!
Washing clothes in the villa!
Whirlpool bath!

Help please? ;)

L

laurac260

My own kitchen!
Washing clothes in the villa!
Whirlpool bath!

Help please? ;)

Funny that, I dread the daily laundry chore at home. I will put it off until it's Laundry Mountain.

But boy I sure do love being able to do laundry while on vacation! It's liberating to not to have to pack everything for a week, because we can just wash it up fresh, and bring home only clean clothes!

timeshare people must have a couple screws loose, huh?:p

sail27bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Funny that, I dread the daily laundry chore at home. I will put it off until it's Laundry Mountain.

But boy I sure do love being able to do laundry while on vacation! It's liberating to not to have to pack everything for a week, because we can just wash it up fresh, and bring home only clean clothes!

timeshare people must have a couple screws loose, huh?:p

Totally agree about the laundry!.. hate it at home but always make sure to pack laundry sheets to take with me. Grown to like the no maid service...what is wrong with me? Don't mind the dishes either. It must be all the living space freeing my mind......

Anita

L

laurac260

I forgot to add how sorry I feel for all those people who have to rely on others to make their food for them while on vacation, when I can simply make it myself at my leisure!:p

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
And in a similar vein- I REALLY like going to different local markets- especially foreign farmers' markets and seeing/trying foods we don't eat at home.

Jim

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Bringing home clean clothes and no daily maid service (DH and I don't like the intrusion -- some fresh towels during the week are good for us) are musts for me!

Ingrid

K&PFitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with all of you. I don't need someone to make my bed every day. I can handle it. We enjoy being able to have breakfast in our own place.

But, no one has mentioned how nice it is to be able to refrigerate and then heat up the leftovers from that delicious restaurant dinner the night before. You can't do that in a hotel. The mini fridge is full of tiny bottles that cost you $10 if you knock one out of place.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The mini fridge is full of tiny bottles that cost you $10 if you knock one out of place.

A really quick way to tick me off. On all cruises and the VERY infrequent lengthy hotel stay, I just have housekeeping clean out the minibar fridge. That way I don't have to pay for any of the contents and I can use it for my own purposes. Very seldom had any pushback.

Jim

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to know I'm not alone. The things I listed above, I truly love about timesharing. However, I know that these are the same exact things that I need to warn or explain about to my friends, who just don't get it. My definition of an ideal vacation is definitely not the same as my friends.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
A really quick way to tick me off. On all cruises and the VERY infrequent lengthy hotel stay, I just have housekeeping clean out the minibar fridge. That way I don't have to pay for any of the contents and I can use it for my own purposes. Very seldom had any pushback.

Jim

Great idea...will have to try it on our next non-timeshare vacation.

Ingrid

MomoD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not having to get dressed so you can go down for breakfast. Wake up at 2am hungry or thirsty, no problem have a snack and hot drink in the comfort of your home from home, bliss. :whoopie:

CapriciousC

TUG Member
Reaction score
And in a similar vein- I REALLY like going to different local markets- especially foreign farmers' markets and seeing/trying foods we don't eat at home.

Jim

Yes, definitely! I also like going out to a restaurant, and when I don't finish my meal and they offer a doggie bag, I love having somewhere that I can actually refrigerate and reheat it. So many times while staying in a hotel, I've had to leave behind perfectly good food that I just couldn't finish in one sitting because I had no way to store/warm/eat it back in the hotel.

L

laurac260

pouring a glass of wine from a 10$ bottle, rather than ordering a $10 glass of wine from a $10 bottle , (plus "shipping and handling").

And then sitting on the balcony in my jammies to drink it, while the swish, swish of my washing machine plays gently in the background.......:D

Last edited by a moderator:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like being able to watch late night tv in the living room, and not disturb others that might want to sleep.....and taking an afternoon nap, without being disturbed in a bedroom with the door closed

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, it's not a timeshare vacay unless you're running out to the store at least every-other-day for something you forgot, or for ingredients to make that special dish that you are suddenly in the mood for. Spending more than two or three days in a hotel without a kitchen drives me batty....I love the flexibility, and I can't imagine traveling with kids without one.

Also, exploring new restaurants, and meeting friends by the pool, that you actually get to know over the course of a week or so. :)

K&PFitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Orlando this year and took our adult daughter (26) with us. I think at her age, it would have felt uncomfortable for us all to be in one hotel room, and two rooms would have been expensive. A two bedroom timeshare condo, where she has her own bedroom and bath, is much better for our family situation.

spirits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Banff Rocky Mountain Resort
Love this post

Need to show husband. Repeat until done:D Thanks guys. I am buying my second timeshare and husband just does not get it. Why? he keeps on asking. Now I can just print this out and continue with the sales process. By the way, this is my Xmas present to me from him. Resale of course. And I think he is getting off pretty easy this year.:rofl:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Quality time with my beautiful wife and kids on a beach somewhere. A BBQ dinner overlooking the ocean with a few of my favorite beverages that I made myself.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:
Need to show husband. Repeat until done:D Thanks guys. I am buying my second timeshare and husband just does not get it. Why? he keeps on asking. Now I can just print this out and continue with the sales process. By the way, this is my Xmas present to me from him. Resale of course. And I think he is getting off pretty easy this year.:rofl:

Wow, what a test of someone's love for you - giving them a long term fee for Christmas. :rolleyes:

Meadow Lake is pretty decent driving range from Edmonton :p

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
All of the above + 12" of snow for us. We thought about doing Vegas this year but I don't know it just never happened.

Instead we're doing 4 weeks in Minnesota this coming winter.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When the kids were younger the best part was getting my husband to take them to the pool while I cooked and then all of us going in to town to walk around, not waiting with hungry whiny kids while someone brought us overpriced food. Then after we got back they could go to bed while we stayed up and enjoyed adult beverages. Somehow the little bit of housework required to keep a timeshare up does not bother me, other than the grocery shopping.

Joan

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
daily maid service,
extremely clean unit,
acres and acres of water in clean warm pools
soft beach and water through which I can see my footsies
inexpensive varied food choices
fully equipped kitchen and good minimarket and takeout
comfy beds, no heavy bedspread
comfy pillows, pillow menu
nice friendly people

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Sure I like a timeshare. A kitchen is mildly nice to have, but I'm not too interested in cleaning it up. A washer-dryer is a slight positive but I'd rather not do laundry. A separate bedroom is swell but not necessary, I will get up early and drink my morning coffee, it's nice to do that and not bother anyone else.

But you know what I really like?! Hotels. Just love em. Love the lobby and room service and maid service and the spa. Love the bell hops and the pool bar and the gift shop. And the restaurant. The potted plants. Chandeliers.

For me, the best of both worlds is any TS that feels like (or is attached to) a hotel. I think I am an aberration here on TUG, I am more about the public space amenities and service and less about the room amenities and unit size.

Very interesting thread.

H

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I like being able to do laundry only because I can pack half the amount of clothes.

I like the kitchen because I have gluten intolerant family members and eating out can be a real PITA sometimes.

I like having a bedroom, so I can sleep on my own schedule and not what is convenient for the whole crew.

However, I have to agree with Heathpack that being part of a hotel is a HUGE plus. Room service, drinks in the lobby bar...:clap:

EDITED TO ADD: I don't ever want a housekeeper in my room unless I call for something. I can grab towels from them in the hall if I need any. Other than that, PERSONAL SPACE PLEASE.