• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bringing attention to request for Worldmark subforum

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im sure what you say is true. These issues are complex, but they have also gotten personal for a lot of the folks there. They just cant abide a different opinion. They will even make up their own facts to support their positions.
That has always been true, although they are not as bad about it as they used to be. The site has become more moderate over the years as new members have joined and old ones have dropped out. I have had lengthy offline email discussions with several wmowners members over the years and while we would often disagree, we could have a reasonable discussion.

And then there are still those members that--
by the way, here is one of the private messages I received from a WMowners member regarding one of my comments that might help you understand my attitude. and i quote

"{** Censored **} YOU"
I received the same pm and it wouldn't surprise me if it was sent by the same individual that sent it to you. The one to me came here on TUG which apparently does not have a bad words filter on private messages. It came through unaltered, in large bold type. I pretty much ignored it, chalking it up to the demonstrated immaturity level of the individual that sent it.

I not scared off the site, but I have been asked not to post anything there that has to do with rentals, not because rentals are not allowed in the WorldMark system, but because WMowners doesnt approve of it. One guy even said as much as he is against rentals, and he knows its going on, he just doesnt want to hear about it. Ive always thought you should know your enemy, (keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer) They seem to take the attitude that if you just pretend its not there it doesnt exist

This is one issue that I agree with wmowners on. I don't think rentals, especially mass rentals as have been taking place recently, are good for the club. Restricting rentals is an item which will get little or no support here on TUG. TUG is very pro-rental as indicated by the number of people who post about and/or encourage rental activities.

Rentals have been an issue for WorldMark owners for many years and is one I have been vocal about. I was involved in some of the early discussions with WorldMark management about changes in the guidelines which would curtail the rental activity. The recently implemented guideline change which only allows one name on a grouped reservation (not multiple changing names) was proposed in 2006. It was not implemented at that time because it was felt it would be too restrictive for owners who wanted to share reservations with family or friends. Apparently this year the rentals became so out of hand and owners were complaining about it so much that it was felt that something had to be done.

The main thing I don't like concerning posting about rental activities is when you post proposed changes that you see would stop them. Some of the ideas you have proposed as a solution to limiting rentals would be very detrimental to a lot of WorldMark owners. Wyndham is perfectly capable of coming up with changes on their own without reading about changes posted on forums. As you say, be careful what you wish for.

If they have that RCI sticky up there, would be great to see the II XYZ thread too, no?

And about that Worldmark and Shell sub-forum...

About that WorldMark sub-forum, even though I said earlier I was done on that subject. (Hi DeniseM :hi:)

It has been indicated that there is insufficient volume to justify a WorldMark sub-forum. The need has to appear before the sub-forum will, not the other way around. A quick look at the two of the least active resort system forums shows that both Disney and DRI have averaged about 3 new threads per week over the past 8 weeks. So maybe if we get the WorldMark threads up to that level for a few months we can get the dedicated WorldMark area. Post those WorldMark questions and topics in the Wyndham forum, with WorldMark in the title, and we'll see where it leads.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
along those lines...if you get a worldmark official presence willing to participate here, ill give you any forum you like =)

Do we have any chance of getting a Worldmark official presence here? :)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
feel free to announce this to your HOA's etc =)

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
feel free to announce this to your HOA's etc =)

Our HOA is Worldmark the Club. Back when wmowners.com was first started (December 2003), and before it started collecting proxies, it was banned on the official forum on the Worldmark web site, because WMO contained resale information (officially stated). For as much resale and rescission information as TUG contains, it has not faced the same fate - maybe because it has been flying low in Wyndham land, or because all Wyndham systems were mixed in? So I don't know if TUG wants to test it. ;)