• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Newbie Help

tita155

Reaction score
Hi my husband and I purchased a timeshare about 10 days ago and we are clueless on how this works, we purchased week 44 which begins Oct 31st lock off 2 bed room unit, biennial. They also gave us a free week per year. We were under the impression we purchased 2 weeks every year, I called and asked and they said we did but biennial means every other year. can someone explain how this works we are totally confused? any help would be great.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome to TUG!

What is the name of the resort?

My guess is that you can split your 2 bdm. into two units - and that is where they got the "2 weeks a year."

Every-other-year ownerships are common.

Unfortunately, many/most timeshare sales people tell you whatever you want to hear, to make the sale.

shaunbeezy27

Reaction score
I just bought a TS week 32 thru rci and I want to know how this all works. They gave me 2 weeks every year and on even years 3 weeks. Can anyone help me with how this works with gold crown and all?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What is the NAME of the resort???

shaunbeezy27

Reaction score
It is vacation village and my home is in TN

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you know the complete name for the Resort?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
What was the date you signed the contract and where did you sign it (which state)?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The OP did but shaunbeezy27 just posted today on two older posts that (s)he just bought.

shaunbeezy27

Reaction score
I signed the contract on the 15th of this month and it was signed in las vegas

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I signed the contract on the 15th of this month and it was signed in las vegas

oh, oh. it is impossible to rescind a NV resale. You own it. I am so very sorry for you.

OK. You need to be studying the newbie forum and first post exactly what you bought.

shaunbeezy27

Reaction score
Ok I bought a biennial(even years) at sunrise ridge resort. I bought it with rci and they gave me 2 additional weeks. It was 4000 but financed for 70 dollars a month for 82 months which will come out to a little more than 4000 dollars

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A foreclosed HOA repossessed unit sold in Nevada generally has no rescission rights. Double check your contract to see if there is anything about rescinding the contract but the chances are slim.

It sounds like your unit might be associated with Vacation Village resorts. The bonus weeks are fairly restrictive and usually only offer a discount of $100-$0 over the Last Call rentals through RCI. There will be a $209 plus possibly tax exchange fee to use each one. You will have additional RCI points membership fees to pay each year. Once you have your RCI account set up you can see the type of inventory available. We can walk you through the search process.

The first of undoubtedly many lies they told you was you were buying from RCI. RCI doesn't sell timeshares. They are an exchange company. The unit you bought has been converted to RCI points.

Last edited:

shaunbeezy27

Reaction score
Yes this was thru vacation village resorts and it did have 5 days to cancel..so I still have to pay extra for the extra 2 weeks? They were telling me the only thing I pay os the exchange fee which was 209

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
All the details will be in your contract. Is it converted to RCI Points, or is just the fixed biennial week with some bonus time?

You will also have an RCI membership fee (about $80/yr) then you can also get RCI Last Calls (straight-up rentals inside 45 days from move in for under $300)

shaunbeezy27

Reaction score
It is biennial with bonus time

shaunbeezy27

Reaction score
Yeah I have a fee of 80 dollars a year

shaunbeezy27

Reaction score
And the bonus time of 2 weeks can be used at any gold crown resort thru out the world

shaunbeezy27

Reaction score
And my maintenance fee is only 140 and is due every other year

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
And the bonus time of 2 weeks can be used at any gold crown resort thru out the world

Don't hold your breath on that one. Gold Crown is a 'quality rating' within RCI. Like 4 Diamonds at AAA motels. It really means nothing except they are RCI's 'better' resorts. If the sales weasel told you that, it's probably a lie. They do that. What is in your contract is what matters.

Sooooo, from your comment above, I'm going to guess that you are planning to do some exchanging. So you'd like to know what resorts are these Gold Crown resorts? Well, this might be time for a word from our commercial sponsors. The very best reviews of timeshare resorts are available to TUG Members. They are up there above here in that red stripe. It costs $15 a year to join TUG and be able to read all those thousands of reviews of resorts all over the world where you'd like to go.

We can't unring the bell and get your money back for you, but many, many TUGgers started out like you, buying a week from a developer. Most paid much more than you did. So get comfortable and start doing a bunch of reading all over TUG.

Jim

shaunbeezy27

Reaction score
I appreciate all your advise hopefully I will get my money worth and be abke to exchange