• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Time on the BBS is wrong

Bill4728

Reaction score
Hi

The time showing on the BBS is 1 hour slow. Not sure if it is always that way or is it just daylight saving time problem.

Current time of post 9:08 Pacific daylight saving time but post showing 8:08

Bill

Bill4728

Reaction score
Just check my settings

Time Zone
All timestamps displayed on the forums can be automatically corrected to show the correct time for your location in the world. Simply select the appropriate time zone from the list below.
Time Zone: (GMT-8) Pacific time zone
In addition, you may set the appropriate option to allow for daylight savings time in your part of the world.
DST Correction Option: Automatically detect settings
So it looks like the DST correction option is not working.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Just check my settings

So it looks like the DST correction option is not working.

I did nothing and my times are correct. Maybe yours were off all the time?

I'm set for GMT-5

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Is the time on your computer set correctly?

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Everything's fine here at my home in South Carolina.

The timestamp display has to interact with the time/date settings on your computer. Make sure they are set right. There should be three settings: the time, the time zone you are in, observe dst yes/no.

If you adjust to/from daylight savings by resetting your computer clock one hour rather than letting your operating system handle the dst shift, it can lead to the problem you are observing.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Logged on from a different computer and everything is fine. BUT even the time I last logged on from the other computer is wrong. The BBS says I lasted logged on at 9:21 but it was 10:21

I wonder if this has something to do with the version of Win XP I'm using ( currently using win XP SP 2)??

Should I try changing DST correction to NO?

Bill4728

Reaction score
Suddenly the time on my computer is reading 1 hour earlier than it was this morning. Wierd??

So I lied to it and said I live in the mountain time zone. Now everything works.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
All is correct on my computer in VIRGINIA.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to manually 'spring forward' a couple of my clocks too. The computers managed it without my input. Interestingly, one- that used Naval Observatory time by radio, I guess, was an hour off. Head scratch. So I checked and perhaps some dummy ( wonder who?) Has input the wrong year. That made the DST settings happen on the wrong dates. Oh, and after Mar 1, a day behind. Who knew?