• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is there any way to tell if your PM has been read?

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
On some other boards, you can check to see if your PM was read, but I can't figure out how to do this on this board. Is it possible?

Thanks!

Sharon

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Other boards using vbulletin allow you to request a read receipt when you send the PM. I don't know (because I haven't sent any here) if that feature is turned on here or not.

If it is, when you hit 'send' you'll get a pop-up asking you if you want a read receipt. You hit 'ok' to request the receipt or 'cancel' to not request a read receipt. If you didn't get that pop-up window when you sent it, then it's probably not enabled here.

-David

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I always get the "read receipt" message and I do click yes, but I'm not even sure what a "read receipt" is supposed to look like. Is it another PM sitting in my box?

On Disboards, I can go into "sent pms" and see if something was read and when. I guess that's what I was talking about...but I'm curious to know how to find the read receipts since I have clicked "yes" the few times I've sent PMs here so far.

Sharon

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The best way to find out is tor try it. I sent Sharon a private message and requested a receipt. I asked her to send a message back doing the same thing. We'll report the results on this thread.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Reporting from this end.

As soon as I logged back on to the TUG site, I got a textbox window telling me that my message had been read. After I clicked "okay" I then got another text box window telling me that I had a private message and asked if I wanted to read it in a new window. I clicked "Yes," but then was told that the message could not be read -- that the problem might be that it is being blocked by a popup blocker. (Probably true.) I could read the message by clicking the "Private Messages" link found on the upper right hand corner of the screen.

In short, it appears to be a no brainer.

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I don't get anything that pops up telling me that my message has been read.

However, I do get a pop-up that tells me when I have a new message.

Interesting....I wonder if I somehow need to enable the "receipt" mode.

Sharon

MarTN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Click on User CP (User Control Panel). On that page, in the left column, click Track Messages. It will tell you the date and time the recipient read the message.