• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

wwptshares Wisdom, "Westgate Owners are Happy Owners"

gkbiiii

Reaction score
wwptshares had the following Westgate listing for sale; below is my counter offer and his response.

Perhaps I was too demanding, or perhaps being Westgate, perhaps I was not demanding enough.

The idea is to be able to rent out the unit, but this even with what I had requested, could be a loosing proposition.

2BR DELUXE LOCKOFF @ WESTGATE TOWERS NORTH FREE 2014 WEEK TIMESHARE DEED $1.00 min bid.

Dear wwptshares,

This is a VERY hard company to own/rent. Westgate is the lowest of the low, thus my offer:

If the seller would pay the 2015 maintenance fee & provide the (2) $1,000 Visa gift cards; or prepay both the 2015 & 2016 maintenance fees, plus (1) $1,000 Visa/Amex gift card, I would be a buyer.

George Bauslaugh
Seacoast Rental Properties LLC.

Dear 2014_bausl,

no thanks. We don't have any issues selling them.

Kind regards,

Sales Team at WWPT
8333 N.W. 53rd Street Suite #450
Doral, FL 33166
P: 888.564.9978
F: 888.544.3273

Dear wwptshares,

I feel sorry for the unsuspecting buyers, I guess they have not heard of the Tug group. Their reputation on that board, is the worst in the industry. As someone who used to live in Orlando, this was their (Westgate) reputation is Orlando as well.

I have never met a happy Westgate owner, but many unhappy ones.

Though, I have met many happy DVC owners, many of whom owned multiple properties, through Disney.

- 2014_bausl

Dear 2014_bausl,

Thank you for your concern.

We leave it up to the consumers to decide where they should own. Also, you would be extremely surprised that the majority of Westgates are purchased by the current owners.

Kind regards,

Sales Team at WWPT
8333 N.W. 53rd Street Suite #450
Doral, FL 33166
P: 888.564.9978
F: 888.544.3273

Is it possible that Westgate has repeat buyers, like Disney??
Has anyone ever met a happy Westgate Owner?
Who would want to go through more than one Westgate sales presentation?

In full disclosure, at one time, many years ago I worked in Kissimmee recruiting people, to go to these meetings. I had no idea what type of company Westgate was, being a Californian. Now, that I realize what I inadvertently sent many nice people into, thus I feel guilty. This was not the Disney DVC type of meetings (which I enjoyed myself) that I was lead to believe.

Anyway, I thought you all would enjoy my conversation. with the same individual (wwptshares), who thinks of us (TUG) "as a conspiracy theorist site".

Last edited:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe "Bigfoot" exists too...

Is it possible that Westgate has repeat buyers, like Disney??
Has anyone ever met a happy Westgate Owner?
Who would want to go through more than one Westgate sales presentation?

Some of the Westgate properties are certainly decent enough, --- it's only the company people and operational practices that are slimy and disgusting. Accordingly, it's conceivable that someone who bought a Westgate fixed week resale (and has never subsequently tried to re-sell again in recent years) actually enjoys their usage if they haven't encountered reservation problems with the Wastegate system. They could have bought their week (and even another week) on the resale market, on their own and at a decent price, without ever having encountered the lying sales Weasels of Westgate at all, so the "joys" of enduring the whole "presentation experience" might be mercifully lost on them. Have I ever met any such individual(s)? No, I can't say that I ever have, but can still imagine that they exist --- somewhere.

I don't even doubt the seller claim that they have "no issues selling Westgate" on eBay. After all, many (maybe most) buyers there are woefully uninformed, don't read or even know about TUG (...that "conspiracy theorist" site :D). Blinders firmly in place, they would only see "a good deal for just a buck or two", blissfully unaware of the reputation of the underlying company, never (...or too late) performing the necessary due diligence effort required to discover and ponder the Westgate reputation.

Sure, there could certainly be happy Westgate owners out there somewhere, although I've never met one myself. I also think it unlikely that I'll ever actually meet one in the future, but won't dismiss the possibility. I might also see BigFoot and / or the Loch Ness Monster someday too; the odds may be about equal in each instance. ;)

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wwptshares, wisdom, and Westgate all in the same title. Wow.

Perhaps current owners are the only way they can make a sale without deception. New resale owners are tagged with a resale account and can only make floating reservations 60 days from check-in.

It's best to steer clear of both wwptshares and Westgate. It's the worst timeshare resale company combined with the worst timeshare company. I don't care how free it is.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
If this resorts resales are subject to 60 day out booking and around $400 for internal exchange I seriously doubt you could cover expenses with a rental..

Given oversupply last minute rental would really go cheap. Frequently available for $300 or so on RCI and II.

Since you are rattling sellers cage ask them to provide proof these restrictions do not apply.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen the occasional post by a very happy Westgate owner. I have found that people who buy Westgate to stay in their home resort love it. Those who bought it to use other ways aren't as happy. Meanwhile, those who love it say they don't bother posting because there are too many replies telling them what crap Wastegate is. So, yes, I believe there are repeat buyers in Westgate, probably several here on TUG.

gkbiiii

Reaction score
I am a bit confused by this??

Wwptshares, wisdom, and Westgate all in the same title. Wow.

Perhaps current owners are the only way they can make a sale without deception. New resale owners are tagged with a resale account and can only make floating reservations 60 days from check-in.

It's best to steer clear of both wwptshares and Westgate. It's the worst timeshare resale company combined with the worst timeshare company. I don't care how free it is.

When I used to sign-up people for these sales meetings; I thought that the Westgate Palace was my favorite, of the bunch. It seemed to have a great location near International Drive & Universal Studios.

I was under the impression, if you bought fixed weeks resale, that home resort usage, was not part of the stupid 60 day reservation rule, is this correct?

I had heard from a few Westgate owners, that they were not well treated by their resorts: believing that Westgate heavily favored, Hispanics, over other ethnic groups. They claim to be poorly treated at check-in and other service related issues, at the resorts themselves. In the Miami Beach area, I see this on a daily basis.

Reaction score
I have seen the occasional post by a very happy Westgate owner. I have found that people who buy Westgate to stay in their home resort love it. Those who bought it to use other ways aren't as happy. Meanwhile, those who love it say they don't bother posting because there are too many replies telling them what crap Wastegate is. So, yes, I believe there are repeat buyers in Westgate, probably several here on TUG.
I own two Westgate units (Branson and Orlando). The Branson one was purchased from a Cedar Ridge owner (prior to Westgate) so although fees have increased significantly I can't say we have ever had a terrible experience except for the sales people. Orlando on the other hand is a different story. They have consistently changed the rules over the years with management fees more than tripling and other changes which have the practical effect of taking ownership value and rights away from owners.

Bottom line is that they simply are not trustworthy. So having said that I have talked to a few people in the first few years following purchase who liked Westgate. In terms of long-term owners, I'd say I'm the happiest of anyone I've ever talked to but it seems long-term owners are few and far between.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
As slimy as they are, they have to be doing something right. I don't see how they could get to the scale that they have without repeat buyers. Remember, only a very small percentage of people know about and purchase resale. So the majority of owners are buying directly from Westgate and thus getting full ownership and usage rights. Since the majority of owners bought direct, it would seem that the product probably works well for them. Of course when they go to sell, they become unhappy real quick.

Reaction score
So the owners are better treated in the non-Orlando based Westgate properties?
Hard to say. My guess is that the protections afforded in the timeshare documents are better as it originated outside of Westgate. Also might be that I just happened to buy what is perfect for our family.

Reaction score
As slimy as they are, they have to be doing something right. I don't see how they could get to the scale that they have without repeat buyers. Remember, only a very small percentage of people know about and purchase resale. So the majority of owners are buying directly from Westgate and thus getting full ownership and usage rights. Since the majority of owners bought direct, it would seem that the product probably works well for them. Of course when they go to sell, they become unhappy real quick.
Perhaps but I tend to think that Westgate is taking a large number back via foreclosures and free deedbacks. It is a good business model as the price they are paying is pretty much zero and then they resell at an exorbitant value. The new buyers walk away and then the process begins again.

Good setup for them. I think it is immoral but I suppose it must be legal.