• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet Creek/Cypress Palms

CadensMommy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! We are trying to book Bonnet Creek from October 6-10th, however, we are showing no availability. It's interesting though because Wyndham Extra vacations has availability (at a ridiculous rate) and Vacation Upgrades told me they could book me for those dates. So I have a few questions:

1) We are approaching the 60 day window. Is there a chance more will open up to me for booking through my Wyndham account in the next little while? Will people be cancelling second reservations or something to try to get their discounts or will the Extra Vacations be dumped into the pool for booking?

2) Has anyone ever stayed at Cypress Palms? This would be a new location for us and I'm a tad nervous about it. Are there any restaurants or anything on site or is it more just like condos with a pool, rather than a true resort like Bonnet Creek is?

Thanks in advance for any help!

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I am sure there will be cancellations at BC.
Its a huge resort and lots of spec renters.

As for CP its been recently remodeled.
The new rooms are just as nice as BC.
There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant just in back of the resort.
this is also a pretty big resort in an inferior location to BC.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is also Star Island.

I agree - there could be cancellations. If you are willing to keep looking it may pop open for you. If your timing is right, you might catch someone trying a cancel/rebook. Hopefully not me!

Did you check Reunion?

Martdoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed at Cypress Palms this past June. They are in the process of renovating, not sure how much complete. We had a three one bedroom deluxes for mix of family (rci trade, nothing bigger was available at the time). Resort was nice, we were around the middle, looking over the main pool (there are two). Pools never super crowded. Several restruants close by including the cracker barrel and a UNO pizza, Wal-mart within 5 min driving (never go on a fri, pay day weekend in the summer, learned that the hard way, thought it was black Friday!).

Only complaints: shower in all 3 units were dated and needed replaced, but worked fine, just obviously old and showed it (probably a later part of any renovations due to cost and time). We had ant issue in our unit, Krispy Creme store within walking distance to resort(dangerous for waistline), ants found the box that am in our unit. Bought a can of bug spray and was more careful with prepping and cleaning up in kitchen the rest of the trip. Last complaint, if you do the developer tour, you get 200 in gifts, but they kidnap you to Bonnet Creek and hold you hostage for 3 plus hours.

We hit downtown Disney, Citywalk by Universal Studios, Seaworld and Legoland while there, all were easy to get to from Cypress Palms except Legoland, 40 min drive to that one.

Martin...

Martin...