• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"Sandy" Is On Her Way

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Said to DW this am

It will be an adventure!

Will be in Manhattan for a week staring Tomorrow!

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=Pat H;1377800]Beags, so glad to see you have your priorities straight! :rofl:[/QUOTE]

:hysterical:
Remember our hurricane contingency plan at the WSJ in St. John, U.S.V.I. ?

rum.jpg

EAM

TUG Member
Reaction score
What's it likely to be like in the Berkshires?

We've got a reservation at a timeshare in western MA starting this Sunday. I'm from the midwest and not well-acquainted with either hurricanes or nor'easters. This storm is expected to be some of both.

So now the question is, should we stay (safe but we'd have booked a week we can't use) or go and spend several days inside while the wind howls and the rain pours?

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've got a reservation at a timeshare in western MA starting this Sunday. I'm from the midwest and not well-acquainted with either hurricanes or nor'easters. This storm is expected to be some of both.

So now the question is, should we stay (safe but we'd have booked a week we can't use) or go and spend several days inside while the wind howls and the rain pours?

Insert cost benefit risk anaylsis calculator right about here:

Are you driving, flying, busing or training ? Is it safe to travel ? What if you're diverted, cancelled or placed in harm's way ?

My $.02..... call the resort and see how they are prepared for a worst case scenario (Sandy tracking more north and west).

What about the snow threat forecasted for your region ?

Ask yourself if you want to vacation where there is med-high risk for power outages (think restaurants, gas stations, stores, museums, ATMS ) can you still enjoy yourself ?

Rivers overflow and trees get blown down if this comes to fruition.

Ask yourself if this thing fizzles out and nothing happens, but you've cancelled, how will you be with that ?

Keep in mind what Irene did when she went inland to Vermont.

For me, myself and I............ I always err or the side of safety, but that's just me.

Last edited:

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
QUOTE=Pat H;1377800]Beags, so glad to see you have your priorities straight! :rofl:

:hysterical:
Remember our hurricane contingency plan at the WSJ in St. John, U.S.V.I. ?

rum.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I bet you have revised that plan to include Chocolate booze of some sort in the future!!!!! You got all the other important flavors.

macko420

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a problem. We are booked into the Marriott's Fairway villas starting this sunday! Right there in the projected path of the storm. Admittedly, I have had a chance to see the 'terms and conditions' section of the paperwork but what has been everyone's experience with cancelling? We did buy trip insurance I think - need to double check that. This is a week from 2010 that we 'had' to use......if we cancel, do we get our week back?? We did the exchange thru Interval.
We haven't decided what to do but I would not want to get there only to have to turn around and fight our way back out with evacuees............
Thoughts anyone??

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please staff safe everyone! May God bless and watch over you!

Jan

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To everyone on the east coast be safe.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a blood transfusion LOL so they better get my blood!

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, we're all going to StoneyB's house ! What a nice guy !

Oops, forget to mention my battery powered Margarita maker. All set ! http://www.amazon.com/Margaritaville-DM900-Battery-Powered-Frozen-Concoction-Maker/dp/B001W6Q83Y

Quick question? How do you deal with no ice or freezer to make slushy?

Plan B would be to buy a bucket of "On The Boarder" mix, add a liter of Tequila and stir vigorously!

The lid has a salt ring and it comes with a bag of salt!

Put in freezer now and will be nice and slushy when ready to use hopefully to celebrate things went well!

Corinne1123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I"m on Long Island, so will likely will get hit no matter which path this thing takes. Also, waited too long to order a generator - we just had this sump pump and french drain installed last year after Irene. Always a day late and a dollar short. ALso ordered through Amazon Didn't go for the express delivery and am not a prime member - should have invested teh $80 bucks for Prime membership to get express delivery - It won't be here until next Saturday.:(

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quick question? How do you deal with no ice or freezer to make slushy?

Plan B would be to buy a bucket of "On The Boarder" mix, add a liter of Tequila and stir vigorously!

The lid has a salt ring and it comes with a bag of salt!

Put in freezer now and will be nice and slushy when ready to use hopefully to celebrate things went well!

You are thinking of frozen Margaritas ! Alas, we may have to make do with ours as straight up or on a few unmelted rocks ! Your Plan B may come in handy, yet ! But, I have enough ice packed on dry ice (Concord Ice Co. is 5 miles from my house) to make a few batches. When I finally come to, the storm should be over.

To stay healthy, I omit the salt. :rofl:

I have it all worked out.

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thoughts and prayers are with all you on the east coast.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just saw the mandatory evacuation of Atlantic City by 4 pm Sunday. Stay safe, everyone. It seems so odd to be tracking a hurricane not predicted to make landfall in my state....

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My flight home from Seattle has been cancelled. Good thing DH is home with the pups. I don't know when I'll get back.

vettebuf

TUG Member
Reaction score
W postponed our trip to see Mom in Rhode Island until next Monday.

We secured everything at our Ocean City NJ duplex on Friday and we just brought in all the deck furniture here at our Philadelphia suburban townhouse. So now we'll hunker down and hope for the best.

Stay safe everyone.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Looks as if DW is making it back home today on schedule.

That's good. I like it when she's as fretless as a Bill Wyman bass guitar.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
If anyone happens to be "stuck" in Aruba not being able to return home due to canceled flight, please see my free giveaway of a two bedroom at the Surf Club check in tomorrow, on the sighting forum.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at Home Depot yesterday and the gas-powered generators were flying out the doors. We still don't have a generator; I felt a little silly since I was there buying a mop and bucket.

Here's the cumulative rainfall estimate - - which if I've copied the right picture will update automatically.
Rainfall_Days_1-5.gif

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Good luck and be safe Beags. Our thoughts are with you. Stocked up on a little hurricane wine myself today.

John