• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rent a 2BR at Westin Lagunamar

malyons

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone - we just decided to go to WLR [specifics deleted.] I had enough points to get my family a 2BR for the week, which is awesome, but we have another family who is interested in making the trip with us. I went to the starwood site and they will only rent a Studio or 1BR, but not the full 2BR. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to rent one? I've checked redweek with no luck for our week, and submitted a few inquiries through VRBO, but want to keep this simple for them as they aren't timeshare owners and aren't familiar with how some of these things work. As an owner, can I possibly rent an extra 2BR through Vistana (or whatever our network is called now)?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could borrow your 2018 points and use them to rent a week.

Otherwise you need a wanted ad out there.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
malyons - the specifics have been deleted from your post, because rental requests are not permitted in the discussion forums, and even if it wasn't your "intention," it generated rental offers.

You can borrow your points from 2018, and use them to make a Staroption reservation for a 2nd week. You will have to pay your maintenance fee to do this, but it will be cheaper than renting.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You could go out and buy a another week :ignore:

The Haileys

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
Hi everyone - we just decided to go to WLR [specifics deleted.] I had enough points to get my family a 2BR for the week, which is awesome, but we have another family who is interested in making the trip with us. I went to the starwood site and they will only rent a Studio or 1BR, but not the full 2BR. Does anyone have any good ideas on how to rent one? I've checked redweek with no luck for our week, and submitted a few inquiries through VRBO, but want to keep this simple for them as they aren't timeshare owners and aren't familiar with how some of these things work. As an owner, can I possibly rent an extra 2BR through Vistana (or whatever our network is called now)?

Thank you!

The TUG web site has ad listings for both sales and rentals of timeshares here: http://ads.tug2.net
I took a quick peek and saw there might be a few that could meet your needs. Good luck!

malyons

TUG Member
Reaction score
malyons - the specifics have been deleted from your post, because rental requests are not permitted in the discussion forums, and even if it wasn't your "intention," it generated rental offers.

You can borrow your points from 2018, and use them to make a Staroption reservation for a 2nd week. You will have to pay your maintenance fee to do this, but it will be cheaper than renting.

Thank you Denise, I had never considered the rental request rule, you are correct. Didn't realize we could borrow, but won't be enough because all I get are the 81k from my Vistana week. Oh well, got my room and we'll figure the rest out, seems to be options out there. Thanks!

starwoodts

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana westin lagunna mar sheratoun mountain vista westin kierlands
[Deleted: Advertising is not permitted in the discussion forums]

Last edited by a moderator: