• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Running shoe shop near Kaanapali?

clymberz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just checked into WKORVN and I realized I left my run Ning shoes at home. Any suggestions o where to buy new ones locally? All the shops I see have flip flops and casual shoes. With Whalers being remodeled, it seems like many of those shops are closed. Thanks.

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of sports stores in Kahului, but I've never seen one in Lahaina.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
There is a Foot Locker in Lahaina, but that's probably not what you're looking for.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Westin has a program called Running Westin(?). This may not appeal to everyone, but if you are interested, they rent New Balance running shoes and clothing to their guests for $5.00. You just call Service Express and they bring whatever you need to your villa.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
The Westin has a program called Running Westin(?). This may not appeal to everyone, but if you are interested, they rent New Balance running shoes and clothing to their guests for $5.00. You just call Service Express and they bring whatever you need to your villa.

I can't imagine renting running shoes that other people have worn.

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine renting running shoes that other people have worn.

I agree. Running shoes is something I take seriously - not any pair will do.

matbec

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Outlets of Maui

We just checked into WKORVN and I realized I left my run Ning shoes at home. Any suggestions o where to buy new ones locally? All the shops I see have flip flops and casual shoes. With Whalers being remodeled, it seems like many of those shops are closed. Thanks.

Hi. The Outlets of Maui in Lahaina lists an Adidas Outlet store in their directory. As a previous poster said, it may not be what you're looking for, but worth a try. You might want to call first to make sure the store is still there.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
The Adidas store is open. There's a couple of shoe stores on the outlet mall in Lahaina.

clymberz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to thank everyone for their input. I rented the shoes from Housekeeping. As luck would have it, the ones in my size were brand new. At 5/day, it's a nice way to keep my running addiction . Nothing like a morning run down to the end of the boardwalk and back. This gives me time to explore Lahaina for new shoes. Or not, if these are fine. Thanks again.

Julian926

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to thank everyone for their input. I rented the shoes from Housekeeping. As luck would have it, the ones in my size were brand new. At 5/day, it's a nice way to keep my running addiction . Nothing like a morning run down to the end of the boardwalk and back. This gives me time to explore Lahaina for new shoes. Or not, if these are fine. Thanks again.

Great to hear. I'll be running in the Maui marathon next month.