• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best way to "sell" timeshare?

dpena17

Reaction score
Hello, we are trying to sell a silver season, even year at Westin Mission Hills...suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi, and welcome to TUG! :hi:

Sadly, it has no resale value because the new owner won't get the Staroptions or Starpoints (they don't transfer when you sell it) and the maintenance fee is high. To be quite honest with you, it may even be difficult to give away.

Here's now to give it away on TUG:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

***Please note that now that you have posted, you are likely to be contacted by people who are offering you all kinds of help to get rid of your timeshare. Be very careful with this - it is a common scheme:

1) They may say they have a buyer who wants to pay big bucks, but you have to pay them a high upfront fee - than they will steal the fee and disappear.

2) They may tell you that they can make your deed and your obligation disappears - however, they may do so by deeding your timeshare to a phony company and abandoning it. Which is not legal. When the Mission Hills refuses the transfer, you will be out the money that you paid to make your timeshare disappear.

Last edited:

dpena17

Reaction score
Thank you Denise for the information.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Thank you Denise for the information.

Some of us learn the hard way. I am in a fix with a company, that promises to relieve me of my timeshare within a year or they pay me back the fees I sent them. Year is up in February, see what happens...already the "help" is starting to wane, they made suggestions to me. Nothing has happened, I was offered a deal, but advised not to take it. DH says be patient, we will get our fees back in February, he is the optomist. I should not have done this I know better.
If it doesn't work, I will have make lemon aid out of this lemon. Not giving the name of the company unless they do what they promised. So don't ask! Also not the timeshare either. After is settled I will tell you the results.
Silentg

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Hello, we are trying to sell a silver season, even year at Westin Mission Hills...suggestions?

List it in multiple places - the bargain deals forum (if you are giving it away), the marketplace here on Tug, redweek, craigslist, and I have had great luck with facebook groups. One that I gave away was Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach which was a tough giveaway here on Tug but had multiple interested people on the PBSB owners group. I don't know if there's a Westin Mission Hills owners group on facebook, or even a Starwood owners group on fb but search both Starwood and Vistana owners to be sure.

When you write your ad, *sell* your unit. Don't forget to highlight the good points of your resort. Does it trade well? Is it within driving distance of a large city (hint hint :) ) and your season is when kids are out of school? Does it have day use? Has it been recently refurbished? Those are reasons that people would be interested in your resort. I haven't stayed at your resort, but am I correct in thinking that you have access to a Westin hotel pool complex? If so, another great selling point.

Anything will sell at the right price point, which may be zero unfortunately. (Not saying that yours is worth zero - but I have given away a few).. You just have to get the word out in multiple places to reach the right person, and keep at it.

dpena17

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. I really do appreciate it.