• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A Loss Unlike Any Other

geekette

Reaction score
I'm so sorry, Gary, and am glad you posted. I can't imagine your loss, nor how hard the past 9 months must have been.

But I need to congratulate you on having a long and successful marriage. Too few people get to share a happy lifetime so I'm glad you got to have that.

Peace be with you.

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you and your wife had a great marriage and I'm sure you feel very lost now. I am sorry for your loss and glad you shared it with us. May God watch over you and your children while you heal.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are no words. My sympathies and prayers for comfort and strength for you/yours.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Blessings & Peace In Time Of Sorrow.

If Thou Be Near . . .

If thou be near, I go rejoicing
To peace and rest beyond the skies,
Nor will I fear what may befall me,
For I will hear thy sweet voice call me,
Thy gentle hand will close my eyes.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very sorry that you lost your wife, Gary.

A close friend of mine lost her husband to cancer a few years back. She was only 49 years old at the time. She joined a support group for widows and found it very helpful. I don't know if groups for widowers are as common, but it would be worth looking into. The AARP (www.aarp.org) provides advice to people who have lost a spouse. You don't need to be retired to join the AARP -- membership is open to people 50 and over.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
So sad to read about your loss. Praying for you.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Gary,

Hope the medical referral bought you some extra time.

I know it's been tough going and you did your best for your lovely wife.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Your Tug friend,

Richard

dumbydee

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry for you loss. There are no words to say to comfort you at this time but just know we all will be thinking of you in the days to come. God Bless

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I am so sorry for your loss. You have many many years of memories that will eventually let you smile again.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Gary,
So sorry to hear about your loss. May your memories of good times together, and the faces of the children you had together sustain you throughout the years. And know that people here are a caring part of your family, too.

Fern

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Gary may you find peace knowing she is no longer suffering from the cancer. God bless and keep you and yours!

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know why I feel the need to post this, but I do, so I am. My wife of 36 years, 362 days died today after a 9-month, courageous battle with cancer.
She was my lover, my wife, the mother of my three sons and my best friend. The world must go on without the most wonderful human being I have ever met.
Gary

God Bless your wife and you for recognizing what you had. So many don't. This is especially moving to me because this is how I would describe my wife.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Condolances on your loss, dh & I have been married 36 years and I cannot imagine what I would do without him. I hope your boys are close and you find comfort together.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you. D--- cancer.

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
My deepest sympathy goes out to your and your family. Take comfort and strength from all of the wonderful memories you created together.

Dori

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sorry to read of this. Thoughts and prayers are being sent to you and your family.

lamb

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that joyous memories of special moments and trips together soon outweigh the difficult moments and thoughts that you are now experiencing.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
TUG family...

I don't know why I feel the need to post this, but I do, so I am. My wife of 36 years, 362 days died today after a 9-month, courageous battle with cancer.
She was my lover, my wife, the mother of my three sons and my best friend. The world must go on without the most wonderful human being I have ever met.
Gary

Gary, perhaps deep inside you knew there is this TUG family out here that feels for you and sends their condolences. Your wife is in a better place without pain now and maybe that will help you in your sorrow.

Post anytime you need to.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I am so sorry for your and your family's loss. Your note is a beautiful tribute to her and your wonderful relationship.

Wishing you the best in the days to come,

Greg

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gary, I feel your pain. My beloved husband passed away, suddenly, on April 12. We were together for 37 1/2 years, and did everything together, almost.
I miss him so, but my comfort is knowing he was spared any more discomfort or pain, and didn't have to face a wheelchair, or dialysis, both of which were in his future here.
Also, we made beautiful memories together, and I've learned to appreciate the quote: "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
I send virtual hugs, and prayers for your healing.